There will never be another film in Middle Earth ever again

>There will never be another film in Middle Earth ever again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SGengnqNIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They have to reboot The Hobbit soon. We need a good one. Just keep Bilbo the same

middle earth isn't real op

ITS REAL TO ME

after those hobbit movies I'm kinda glad.

Thank Peter Jackson raped tolkiens work

>tfw they will never make a high budget Silmarillion miniseries
>ywn see The Battle of Unnumbered Tears or Fingolfin's and Fingon's heroic deaths on screen
>ywn homolust after Feanor
>ywn cry for poor Finrod's death

That sucks

i thought the lotr movies were just kind of okay, fellowship was best because of the comfy adventure feelings but all the others lacked any stakes because aragorn, legolas, and gimli were unkillable death machines that could never lose ever so i was never worried about anyone. also the ending of return is really stupid. i don't like the books much either though

no chance of the simillarion then?
its a shame, the hobbit could of been great without studios fucking it up. why does this keep happening?

Go away, Martin

The LotR films were so bad Christopher Tolkien and his son stopped speaking for years.
Eventually Christopher will die and the estate, now in his grandsons' hands will inevitably sell the rights to other Tolkien works and the desecration of JRR's legacy will continue.

>that grid

What went so perfectly right?

>that filename
You heartless bastard

They will make a The Silmarillion trilogy when The Hobbit stops making money.

>The LotR films were bad

Here is your reply m8

Children of Hurin would work better

A while back Jackson posted a photo on Twitter about some award or other, and he had an annotated (post-it notes sticking out, that kind of thing) copy of the Silmarillion on his coffee table. Could be inferred that he's working on something.

Thank God. The rights to The Silmarillion should be sunk into the Mariana Trench in a locked chest.

thank the gods for that. May the First Age remain ever unsullied by greedy money making hands.

High fantasy is garbage in general. This is a fact.

i have no interest in seeing jackson direct any new middle earth movies

I just want to see Feanor fighting multiple Balrogs at once

>there will never be a book-correct hobbit done in the style of lotr without the shit effects and jarjarbinks of jackson's hobbit

>Watch the Behind the Scenes
>Realise they used CGI characters in the shot where they run across the bridge of Khazad-Dum

How do I not notice the use of CG in a 15 year old film when in every movie today it's jarring and obvious as fuck? What kind of fucking sorcery did Jackson use?

>FELL DEEDS AWAKE; FIRE AND SLAUGHTER
>SPEAR SHALL BE SHAKEN; SHIELD BE SPLINTERED
>A RED DAY, A SWORD DAY, ERE THE SUN RISES
>RIDE NOW, RIDE NOW. RIDE TO GONDOR

Because they didnt go over the top and they werent doing closeups (i.e. Hobbit, where every orc is animated)

subjectively you might be right, but objectively peter jackson's LOTR movies were huge critical and financial successes.

does this bother you?

>That entire section in the book

My god that gets me pumped.

fucking this

one of the most timeless movies out there for me in terms of effects

It'd be awesome, goddamnit

Thank god the first film was the only semi decent one anyway, after that it became so boring and shitty.

Not really. I put it on the same level as capeshit.

Shit that's sells well for some reason that escapes me.

I lost my shit when they revealed that they made two versions of every single item in Bag End

They had it coming, man.
When Feanor tells you to give him the ships you give him the ships.

If it's to make Return of the King or The Hobbit quality-wise movies, it's not a bad thing...

teal and turquoise

>tfw i can't wait for christmas to come so i can start my yearly LOTR rewatch

maximum comfy

This.
Even the first twenty or so minutes of The Hobbit were good, and made me hope for a nice movie.
But it was just because the beginning followed the book very closely, it went so far to shit after the departure from the Shire...

They had the balls to stand up to the most powerful, most charismatic elf ever, because they could see that he was basically a raging maniac.

Are you me?
I always rewatch it during Christmas too

>ARISE NOW, ARISE, RIDERS OF THEODÉN
>DIRE DEEDS AWAKE, DARK IS IT EASTWARD
>LET HORSE BE BRIDLED, HORN BE SOUNDED
>FORTH EORLINGAS

autism, i suppose

Probably a good thing, the hobbit trilogy was shit

*They were stupid enough
Here, fixed that for you

No but for real, everyone likes to shit on Feanor but the poor guy had his reasons.
The Vala tried to force him to give up his Silmarils against his will, Mandos knew that Finwe was being murdered just as they spoke and told him nothing about it.
His Silmarils got stolen, his father slain, and when he rightfully tried to get away from the Vala and get his revenge and his Silmarils back here's fucking Mandos again, cursing the Noldor for having had the balls to go after Morgoth like the Vala should have done since the beginning instead of pussying out.

I'm not excusing the kinslaying, I was merely shitposting before, but Feanor wasn't completely in the wrong.

You a Tolkien scholar, my nigga

Ted Nasmith time

was this kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=6SGengnqNIM

Even worse than the overused cgi is the fucking dialogue here. there are many such instances. boyens is trash.

>watching the making of extras for Lord of The Rings

so comfy