Battle of the Bridge Shots

Who did it better?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=GyzIrrMccNY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_in_Six_Scenes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bottom one looks like a preset computer wallpaper

If you compare just the shot then the first is clearly better.

The second is better because of all the added shit that jews created after world war two

Willis

is the second one authentic to the 30s?

Both beautiful shots. Storaro's cinematography on Cafe Society was lovely, looked better than a Woody Allen film has in years probably.

dat heart

Bottom is only a skyline

To: the couple on the bench are the main

Such a comfy film

totally deserves a cinematography nom

You can't top Willis.
Why is this even a question?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_(film)
>The famous bridge shot was done at five in the morning.[16] The production had to bring their own bench as there were no park benches at the location.[17] The bridge had two sets of necklace lights on a timer controlled by the city. When the sun came up, the bridge lights went off. Willis made arrangements with the city to leave the lights on and that he would let them know when they got the shot. Afterwards, they could be turned off. As they started to shoot the scene, one string of bridge lights went out, and Allen was forced to use that take
>After finishing the film, Allen was very unhappy with it and asked United Artists not to release it. He offered to make a film for free instead.[18] He later said, "I just thought to myself, 'At this point in my life, if this is the best I can do, they shouldn't give me money to make movies.'"[17]
So Cafe Society, according to Allen. Manhattan is a mess as a whole, only deluded pleb Woody Allen fans think otherwise.

Second one would be better if the camera guy was standing just a little bit to the left

Goddamn that looks like an Annie Leibovitz portrait. Bravo Storaro

fookin legend

youtube.com/watch?v=GyzIrrMccNY

He's always unhappy with his films I think, but I agree to a certain extent, Manhattan is not a great film, and is overrated here and in general, though it does contain disparate elements of greatness.

his miniseries is out in 6 days

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_in_Six_Scenes

>amazon
Has he finally gone senile in his old age?

> Allen has said of the series, "I don't know how I got into this. I have no ideas and I'm not sure where to begin. My guess is that Roy Price [the head of Amazon Studios] will regret this."[2][3][9]

Haha, what the hell, Woody?

Amazon's funded Cafe Society and his next film, they're his sugar daddy right now

top looks like shit by todays standards

No it doesn't. Go back to your capeshit generals

First is kino tbqh

yes it does. the random leaves and the power line in the left side are garbage.

I understand where your opinion is coming from and hate that it's valid.

The current fetish for 'clean' shots in photo/cinematography is horseshit and counter-realism.
Tiny flaws, despite being flaws, lend themselves to making shots emotionally relatable.

Reads like a line from one of his 70s films

I think in 1979 after he made annie hall he's right, but in 2016 after he has made about 15 god awful pieces of shite, he better stfu about manhattan

this, things have become so bad that realistic on-set scenes look completely cg

This was a simple but enormously effective shot, really moving