Why did no one on voyager ever talk about harry kim being replaced by a duplicate...

Why did no one on voyager ever talk about harry kim being replaced by a duplicate? Seems to me that sort of extraordinary event would be talked about by everyone for a very long time.

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/forum/star_trek_starfleet_academy/who_played_geoffery_corin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are 1 or 2 throwaway lines

The exact same thing happened to O'Brien. Bashir told him not to be a faggot about it and he dropped the issue forever. Why do you have to be such a faggot about this, OP?

>The exact same thing happened to O'Brien
This. Freaked me out as a kid on an existential level.

You mean when you weren't too busy in the barn with your uncle?

>the australians are waking up

because Kim literally was a non-entity. No one talked about him ever. Don't know what he adds to the show

During the first episode I was under the impression he was going to be the person we the viewer were meant to relate most to, but he's an asian male so who the hell can relate to that?

>Asian gets cucked by a Native American for premium Aryan pussy

The birth of Asian Masculinity?

This always bugged me. The real Kim never did make it home to see his parents.

what happened to O'Brien?

He brings it up in another episode, I think he's using it as an example to another crewmember on why they shouldn't be bitching about something.

He died due to radiation poisoning but a future version of him continued.

>mfw the voyager crew never cared enough about the original Kim to miss him

There was an entire doppelganger Voyager that the show may or may not have been following until it disintegrated.

Why did no one on the Enterprise-D ever bring up how Picard is a clone from the transporter's backup data and the original got beamed into a space cloud?

Sadly, I've had this discussion before. There are only 10 episodes that could be clones.

They were cloned in episode 91.
Paris was demoted to ensign in episode 101.
and the Clone Paris in the episode you're thinking of is a lieutenant in episode 111.

Same with Dr. Pulaski when she was rapidly aging to death

Yes but nobody actually cares about her. Should have just let Moriarty have her.

The fact that you could just use stored data to recreate people who died always bugged me. Like they never bring that up again.

That one made me chuckle. Her ass hated transporters, so she was probably losing her fucking mind about that in her downtime.

personally i dont think the star trek writers are clever enough for any of that

What about Tom Riker?

Not on Voyager anyway.

>one of the DS9 characters was replaced by a doppelgänger for AT LEAST five episodes

Oh shit, that's right. Bashir was a fucking metamorph, and the real Bashir was in that POW Camp. That's where they found Martok.

Why did no one on Cred Forums ever talk about this thread being reposted as a duplicate? Seems to me that sort of low effort event would be talked about by everyone for a very long time.

Everytime you get transported you die.
Everytime you appear on a pad you are cloned.
Everyone in Star Trek is A-Fucking-Okay with this.
They even dedicate an episode to Tori telling Barkely he's a whiny bitch for worrying about this.

There was also an episode in that crap show Enterprise that explained that it was you that came out on the other side, and you didn't die when it happened.

That same episode you're talking about had Barkley in the beam, and still conscious during the whole process.

They easily could have brought Yar back to life that way too. But they didn't. And no one ever suggested it despite it being a viable solution used to save multiple other people. Pretty messed up.

Stop using the same old bait that has already been disproven.

You're just a dumb unenlightened unevolved 21st-century human, so you're obsessed with death.

In the future, they will embrace the transporter after realizing that each time they use it will be a cause for celebration, because each time they use it they are creating new life.

is this your first trek thread senpai?

>Everyone in Star Trek is A-Fucking-Okay with this.
So? This is something that should be explored. Why is this triggering you?

you guys realize star trek is not real right?

Okay I just finished DS9 S7E10 it is screw with me.

WTF is Vic. Does he have free will? Does he dream? What the hell is this? Is Vic the equivalent of Voy Doctors?

Fuck you! It's is a performance art! It's larger than life characters acting and performing stunts on a stage in front of a live crowd!

Oh, you said Star Trek.

>Is Vic the equivalent of Voy Doctors?
No, Vic doesn't steal the show.

No. Vic is actually a real being who just pretends to be a hologram for attention.

Vic is in there because the main producers and writers of Trek really like old Jazz and Lounge music. Its a bit of a recurring thing in star trek if you think about the music you hear.

Don't forget about Dixon Hill, and the hologram that asked if he'd still exist.

Mirror Universe episodes. Probably the only thing I don't like in DS9.

How can a mirror character be real, but not the regular one? Vic is a Q who pretends to be a hologram in the normal universe.

>dominatrix Kira
>emo bisexual Ezri
>Quark and Rom are heroes
What are you, some kind of fag?

>Bashir told him not to be a faggot about it and he dropped the issue forever.

Bashir is kind of a fucked up guy to be taking that kind of advice from considering he's his own great-grandfather

I really liked the first one but the story went in a direction I didn't like so couldn't enjoy the others as much. I think it was a mistake having the rebels win by the end of the first episode and stripping power from the bajora/cardassian villians. Would have been more interesting with them in power each episode.

No, I just have a good taste and I'm not a 15 years old.

If you say so, Liberace. ;^)

what did he mean by this?

More importantly, why was Porthos replaced twice and no one even mentions it? I legitimately thought it was a plot point the first time it happened and was waiting for the other foot to drop.

>that feel when nobody cared enough about him to notice

Porthos had a hard life

>tfw Scotty transports Porthos to an unknown location and gets exiled for it
>tfw Porthos lived to ve over 100 years old.

>"Computer, generate 300 seven-foot-tall, highly muscular Amazonian futanari in heat with cocks at least a foot long and as thick as a wine bottle."
>"Computer, disengage safety protocols."

>The exact same thing happened to O'Brien
No it didn't

The duplicate died

>The fact that you could just use stored data to recreate people who died always bugged me. Like they never bring that up again
They did that in the original show, too

It's best to just act like the transporter can't actually create matter and those references are non-canon

It's only supposed to move matter from one area to another

When this shit gets brought up, they aren't talking about that episode. They are talking about the one where O'Brien is flashing forward into the future. He gets replaced by his future self.

>WTF is Vic. Does he have free will? Does he dream? What the hell is this? Is Vic the equivalent of Voy Doctors?
I like to think he's just really good at ACTING like he's got sentience

They do leave him running, like the Doctor, though

I dunno, man

>When this shit gets brought up, they aren't talking about that episode. They are talking about the one where O'Brien is flashing forward into the future. He gets replaced by his future self
Well, that's still him, though

In fact, it's more him, since it's him with slightly more experience

That'll make his stay in Stovokor slightly awkward, though

Oh I agree. I think it's a stupid argument that they just pretend to have in order to stir up conversation. I only even chimed in to help clear up your misunderstanding.

>That'll make his stay in Stovokor slightly awkward, though
While I imagine that he is by all means worthy of going to Stovokor, I think O'Brien would end up in the Otherworld, which is where the Irish go to heaven according to my 10 second google search.

This guy right here.
He can't act for shit. All black actors in previous series were pretty good.

I constantly forget his name. He is the only character in all of Star Trek who isn't a one off that I have trouble remembering his name.

Is it that he can't act... or that the writers never gave him any material to work with?

i wish there was a comp of him saying "yes, sir"

>Computer, replicate the character Judy Hopps from the 21st century animated film Zootopia in personality and appearance at 1500% scale.
>Computer also replicate internal organs for Judy based on the anatomy of Earth rabbits to scale, with the addition of a sphincter capable of stretching to a radius of .8 meters.
>Computer, program Judy to have sexual desire only satiated by extreme anal stimulation and willingness to satisfy it.
>Computer, disengage safety protocols.

>All black actors in previous series were pretty good.

i go back and forth on Sisko being either good or maybe the worst actor in Trek. it's really scene by scene

>Computer, please stop trying so hard

The problem with Sisko is that it wasn't actually acting.

In order to get the best performance out of Avery Brooks, the studio tricked him into believing that Star Trek was his real life, and that he really was the commanding officer in charge of Deep Space Nine.

If you want to know more, it's all in this book.

Simply because this is what happens EVERY time they teleport.

no difference.

They talk about it in enterprise with the guy who invented transporters. not seriously, but it's come up in Trek universe, and it's the same opinion about Tom Riker and Harry Kim clone and future O'Brien.

They just don't care.

It ain't bait or disproven, just not a fuck GIVEN.

Lt. Broccoli was the most realistic and relatable character.

>Computer, please delete the above post

1 foot long dick on a 307 foot person would look weird.

gup teg

Avery Brooks does crazy angry black guy well because that's what he is IRL. Everything else he's pretty shit at.

t. cock expert

Which race in Star Trek has the biggest average penis size?

Gorn

Well, technically the shapeshifters, but that's cheating.

The statistics on Cardassian penis size are greatly skewed by Gul Dukat's monster dong that he impregnated multiple women with.

>sisko actually built a wall around the wormhole though

Why did you put that in greentext

>that episode where dukat hits up kira in the middle of the night just to remind her that he fucked her mum

Isn't that the same episode where Kira has to remove a rocky thorn from Dukat's ass cheek?

no that's way earlier, after his daughter gets got and he escapes he calls her in her quarters then she goes back in time to stop it.

Should I watch or skip the original series?
It seems noone can decide if its good or not.

Ive seen no Star Trek at all

I love you

Hell, until I read the filename I couldn't remember it either.

the original series is comfy af, give it a watch

save it until last and then watch the first few episodes

Don't rely solely on others' opinions to decide whether or not you watch a show.

Just give it a shot. If it seems too daunting to get into, try asking an user for a viewing guide. I'm sure someone has one. I've seen them posted here and there. I never bothered to save them since I've seen virtually every episode of every series.

TOS is basically a cross between Gunsmoke and Lost in Space. Take that as you will.

Watch it, people who say it's bad are children who can't view things within the context it was made.

Every moment in time you are dying and being reborn. The you that existed one second ago is dead.

>tfw Abraham Lincoln called ahura a negro

Well, isn't she?

I haven't seen that one in a while, but I believe he called her a negress.

>Broccoli was the most realistic and relatable character

To Cred Forums, yes. To normal people, no.

I'm pretty sure it was negress, yeah. I jist watched that episode a few weeks ago.

A photograph also steals your soul, white devil.

Harry Kim is not a duplicate.

Everyone else is. The real Harry Kim went to a duplicate Voyager.

How come no one ever gets this?

Because both ships were duplicates. The original ship ceased to exist upon the split.

>let me tell you about my rape gangs Commander

What did she mean by this?

Things didn't go so well for duplicate Voyager either

Things don't go well for any version of Kim.

There's this woman I work with who kind of reminds me of seven of nine because she always has a flat dissatisfied tone in her voice and she's very efficient at everything she does. And my god she has a great ass. Beautiful, blonde.

Married.

I'll never know what it's like to bang her.

>not "I'll never know what it's like to copulate with her"
Are you even trying?

The thing is, they didn't really know what to do with him. His whole niche was that he was like the navigator in wild space, but then you'd have to ask yourself: "why is Enterprise exploring a place where space-hicks have been travelling for decades?"

Anthony Montgomery could've used some coaching. I'm not going to defend him outright and say he was a fantastic actor or anything insane, but there were some moments where you could see why they cast him. But then again, Enterprise was a lazy piece of trash in the first season and subsequent producers/writers washed their hands of it.

>not trying to ntr that shit

You have good morals my friend.

The Ferengi.

No, that's a different duplicate Voyager.

There sure were a lot of duplicate voyagers...

Seriously, between quantum cloning incidents and time travel paradoxes, I think Janeway has died more times than any other Star Trek captain.

Picard got killed over and over and over in that one episode where they got stuck in a groundhog day incident.

Geoffery Corin

Did Sisko die the least out of all the captains?
>tfw white boi cant compete

This is some advanced level trolling right here.
gog.com/forum/star_trek_starfleet_academy/who_played_geoffery_corin

Pic related?

True, but that was just one episode: one incident. There's at least dozen different episodes where she or or a clone or a parallel timeline version of herself dies.

I'm actually laughing out loud.

Only 1 foot?

>Dulce_Report.jpg

Haven't they made some comments about that the patterns degrade after some time in the pattern buffer? Or some shit like that to try and cover up that loop hole.

Didn't think I'd ever see that Q's work mentioned in this part of town.

All that Klingon anger is because they're compensating for something