Can someone recommend some films where the down on their luck protagonist becomes successful?

Can someone recommend some films where the down on their luck protagonist becomes successful?

Like Limitless

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0120324/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not exactly the same, but I think teens discovering some cool thing that ultimately brings about their destruction is fun.
Chronicle, and that other movie that was basically time travel chronicle.

Limitless the TV show.

Hudsucker Proxy

trading places

Limitless

You'll probably like "A Simple Plan".

imdb.com/title/tt0120324/

>limitless
>limited to 1 season

Woof a Wa Street

Serious answers please

I wouldn't really say he's "down on his luck" but pic related is the best rags-to-riches story in my opinion

Cinderella Man

Shortbus

pursuit of happiness?

sunset blvd

>liking movies from before you were born is fedora-core
how's middle school treating you?

How's the nursing home treating you?

I'll kill myself with drugs and alcohol long before I get to that point

>unlimited potential
>goes around solving boring crimes
yeah.. no

Scarface, wolf of wall street and the social network

Is the social network good?

I never saw it because of the whole 'facebook' shit

If you can accept that 90% of it is dramatized for the sake of being entertaining, then yeah it's a good movie.

Is Limitless the success story for the capeshit generation, the anti-success story? Rather than being tested as a man or being challenged in any meaningful way, he gets drug-enduced superpowers and effortlessly sweeps up victory after victory and it never ends.

well he also beat his rivals who also take the pill

That show was pretty decent

He becomes a villain in the TV show, deep kino.

litterally watching right now, quite good

Let it Ride
The Matrix
Scarface

>watching right now
>posting on Cred Forums

he was initially a pretty dumb albeit very virtuous guy, and Eddie Morra also put him in position to have to work for the FBI. I felt satisfied enough, despite it being an obvious move to jam the premise into a procedural.

how do you fix it?
>get nzt
>goes into killing spree a la Dexter while another nzt user detective chase him around Death Note style

not really sure how interesting that would be, unless they spend a ton of time on it, a script is usually only as smart as its writers. It would just devolve into well... what Death Note is (which I love), people just making wild deductions and taking them as fact, or the NZT guy would get super eyes and spot microscopic details everywhere that somehow proves a trained chimp by the name of Bobo was at this residence at the hours of 4:00 AM performing a dance routine and such ridiculous specifics.

Good Will Hunting
Proof
Jerry Maguire
The Intern
Morning Glory

Boogie Nights sort of

Godfather

also Nightcrawler
Almost Famous