Todd Mcfarlanes Spawn

Thinking about marathoning this tonight, but is it any good? I've literally never seen a thread for it here, but the premise seems interesting. I've never watched the live action movie either, but I heard that was shit.

It's all shit

Why?

The movie was shit because of the terrible special effects they had at the time. A remade Spawn would look great, but Hollywood is way too PC at this time to make anything that would do it justice. Maybe after trump is president we can get a remake.

Forgot pic

I don't know which one that is, but the Spawn HBO series is boss.

faggot numale

that's the movie..OP is talking about the HBO series.

Though I loved 'em both. The HBO series was fucking sweet, I would highly suggest watching it

You forgot the 2edgy4u heavy metal soundtrack.

HBO series ends on a cliff hanger that is never resolved.

spawn is begging for a remake. it should be one of the most visually striking superheroes to watch if you have the visual effects to back it up.

So you recommend? I started the first episode and the opening with Todd Mcfarlanes was kinda cheesy. Does it build up or pay off or anything?

I'm currently watching it an episode at a time (only three or four episodes in) and it's fun but with a weak story and some iffy voice acting. It feels like an adult version of the Batman or Superman series from the same time.

Did this also fail because of visuals?

I watched the first season and couldn't keep watching, largely due to McFarlane's autistic 2edgy4u opening monologues

How could you watch more than one episode at a time you fucking idiot?

Yea seriously for what purpose? Reminded me of fucking Goosebumps or something.

I mean I'm not marathoning it, which would be a reasonable assumption for a three-season series with only six 30-minute episodes per season. I watch maybe an episode each week or so. Try thinking every once in awhile.

I didn't see ghost rider but I am not arguing that spawn failed solely because of the visuals. I don't remember that much of it desu so it must have not been too memorable anyway.

Don't listen to these faggots. Honestly most of the nostalgia fags who enjoyed this when they were kids grew up, but I guess some still haven't. It's overrated capecartoon shit you really shouldn't waste your time with.

This honestly is the reaction everyone has to this movie. I know someone who owns it who can't remember what it's about.

Why?

I am not defending the movie I am defending the potential of a good Spawn movie someday existing. The character is solid enough and the visuals should be exceptional with the right production team.

probably because the movie wasn't really something you wanted to watch twice and most people who have seen it saw it in 1997

>protagonist is a nigger
>good movie

Pick one

I always thought he was a p cool character but I never understood what it was about. Seemed too boring desu

It's the dvd cover of that one senpai

The movie had some gay shit cover looking like beetlejuice

The series was good, just skip past McFarlanes openings