Does Cred Forums like Bill Hicks/George Carlin type comedians?

Does Cred Forums like Bill Hicks/George Carlin type comedians?

I do
Most don't.

Verily

10 minutes of tippy tom makes me laugh more than all of carlin or hicks ever did so there's that.

nevermind Cred Forums's faggy contrarian nature they really weren't that funny unless you're english and think applausing at atheism = funny

Both are good at their best, and really really bad/preachy at their worst.

I would say overall they were pretty good, but not great. To be honest, Carlin has some good quotes that are clever, but not funny.

I'm a fan of Neil Hamburger myself

>comedians
If your audience claps instead of laughs you aren't a comedian.

>comedians
You mean autistic fedora ranters?

They're only funny when they're not talking about politics.

yes. liberals dont though

I used to be really into both of them in my teens but now I can see how people find it cringey. I still think Hicks was a really funny guy.

>""""""""""comedy""""""""""
But I like them.

There's no such thing as a "George Carlin type comedian". There's George Carlin.

bump

They shot him!

I was listening to the Rubin Report and Dave wished Carlin was still alive talk some sense into regressive leftists. I think that's pretty funny because Carlin was the definition of a proto-SJW. He loved to talk about how much better women were than men and how whites are so evil. He's incredibly misremembered

is this bait?

perfect; i've been looking for the right words for so long

>because Carlin was the definition of a proto-SJW.

The thing is, since SJW wasn't mainstream then, contrarians were generally for SJW bullshit, and they're against it now now.

So you'll find that pretty much everyone from that era was some kind of a degenerate because that went against the mainstream.

>Carlin was the definition of a proto-SJW

Go on youtube and look up "George Carlin soft language"

>white people have no business singing the blues

>Most don't
They are easily in the top 10 most famous and celebrated comedians in modern history

He spoke it like it is, men are stupid, and women are too, but they gotta deal with the stupid shit men do. He's wasn't pushing an SJW agenda, he wasn't even close to an SJW, he was just too redpilled for alt-right little shits like you that hate their moms.
>Blues is a genre and musical form originated by African Americans in the Deep South of the United States around the end of the 19th century. The genre developed from roots in African-American work songs and European-American folk music
>The genre developed from roots in African-American work songs
Almost like you missed the joke. No worries, we're here to help you understand.

>He loved to talk about how much better women were than men and how whites are so evil. He's incredibly misremembered

That was only towards the end after he got married to that feminist cunt.

And that in turn developed from old European folk music. Everything is derivative.

Haha, you say that as if people like Carlin are so deep and hard to understand. Bottom line, he always names the ruling 'white men' as the enemy. Maybe they are the cause of a lot of the worlds problems because a lot of them have power. But I'm sure things would be just spiffy if Asian men were all in power, right?

Yeah, I think they were both great comedians, but they had faults too. At their worst they forwent humor in the name of the message or point, and yelled at audiences to do so. Sometimes they were right and other times they were wrong, but it didn't matter either way as long as the humor was lost.

In the later stages of their careers they became very preachy, and those portions often sit at the forefront of memory when reflecting on their work. At their best they were more than soapbox preachers though, and that's what I remember most fondly about them, their comedic talents and funny jokes rather than the points they tried to hammer into their audiences' heads.

And the little things. Hicks was very good at impressions and sound effects and incorporating them into his material. Carlin had a physical element and a knack for finding the humor in peoples' intricacies and topics not otherwise considered common fodder for comedy.

Despite the qualities about them that irritate me I appreciate them for the comedians they were and I'm not quick to write them off because they weren't always dancing clowns.

>He spoke it like it is
>He's wasn't pushing an SJW agenda
>All this weird assumptions
His acts completely lined up with modern SJW principles. Don't try to act like he criticized all sides, he didn't. At least not to the same degree. It was the same anti-white, anti-male, anti-western rhetoric that tumblr peddles around today. I'm a liberal for what it's worth.

>Almost like you missed the joke.
Wow, calling whites out for cultural appropriation and using music that
>doesn't belong to them
isn't SJW at all.

no

>he always names the ruling 'white men' as the enemy
Not sure he specifically names us as the world's enemies, but we sure as heck do control a lot of the world.
>But I'm sure things would be just spiffy if Asian men were all in power, right?
Woah woah woah, how the fuck did we get from having a discussion about Carlin to this? People are fucked up no matter their race, Carlin just saw making jokes about his own race as a good opportunity. He has no secret agenda to turn all white males into cucks or make Asian countries more powerful than Western, he was just a man that loved to sit back and make fun of society.
For fuck's sake, he was just a comedian. Not everything is an SJW agenda, just because they share beliefs don't make them the same. Are you going to call George Washington a proto-sjw next since he shares some beliefs with your tumblr-boogeymen?

>People are fucked up no matter their race
Are you calling Jews fucked up? Are you a Trump supporter?

>Jews
>race
Not falling for that one again! And yes, I am a Trump supporter.

>He has no secret agenda to turn all white males into cucks or make Asian countries more powerful than Western
Asian was just an example, replace it with Hispanic, Black whatever.

>he was just a man that loved to sit back and make fun of society.
>boy everyone is stupid except me

Not saying he's terrible, it's the type of schlock people love to pretend is so deep. Like thinking Game of Thrones is some deep political thriller after the first few seasons while only caring about nudity and violence. Nothing wrong with it, but be honest with yourself.

In small doses. When I was 14 I was obsessed with Hicks, he was the first comedian to influence me to critically examine society and the establishment etc. However in the process of growing up and making peace with the establishment you can see a lot of unresolved angst and immaturity. Innovative performer but not as much an intellectual as he is a provacateur.

>audience is cheering and agreeing more than laughing
Sign of a shitty comedian.

I'm not saying he was part of some sinister cabal trying to push an agenda. I think Carlin was pretty straightforward and honest. That doesn't mean he wasn't an SJW who espoused their same weirdly bigoted views before it became mainstream.

>it's the type of schlock people love to pretend is so deep
Maybe you're hanging around all the wrong people, out of all my friends that like Carlin and Hicks only two of them I would consider the above. But then again they're not really close friends of mine. They're the kind of people who spend all day at protests fighting for the rights of illegal immigrants and blacks.
>Like thinking Game of Thrones is some deep political thriller after the first few seasons while only caring about nudity and violence
I know nobody that thinks this way about the show. Maybe the books, but definitely not the show.
I know, but putting the SJW label on him is just disrespectful to everything he stood for.

In Carlin's auto-biography, he talked about he didn't get along with Hicks, because Hicks was actually like that in real life, where Carlin's onstage persona was very much an exaggeration.

What if they do both?