I know it's an epic meme to dislike Nolan, but are his movies that bad?

I know it's an epic meme to dislike Nolan, but are his movies that bad?

Yeah, I wouldn't say any of his movies could be considered kino, and there are some really retarded sequences like in TDKR, but his movies do tend to be really fun and entertaining. Inception is a good example. While there are arguments to say that it's unoriginal, I don't think there are any good arguments to say that this movie isn't entertaining and engaging as fuck. The concept is cool, and even though at times the logic falls apart, in general the story is fluid enough to have a comprehensive idea of what's going on.

The Prestige is another good one. While it's not a perfect movie, there is so much good about it, and it does scratch the surface of good visual and structural story telling mixed with good visual sequences.

I don't know familia. Maybe this is a reddit opinion, but I don't think Nolan is that bad. Memento and Interstellar are pretty good too.

Nolan is a good filmmaker, Cred Forums used to suck his dick really hard, and redditors hate him.

Go watch Following if you want to see Nolan's early work. It really sets the stage for all of his following features.

He's a good movie director. He puts fascist themes in his films which makes him a bit different than most and endears him to the Cred Forums crowd.

He's not a bad director, but people put him on a pedestal like he's kinoking

The Following was one of the first Nolan movies I saw. It had a cool idea, but in general it was kind of boring tb h familia.

Nolan seems afraid to embrace genre cinema, despite clearly being a genre director.

He is afraid of allowing audiences to think and insists on stuffing his films with insane levels of exposition.

His films feel oddly edited, as if he does not shoot enough coverage and is forced to stitch together an edit based on limited material. Probably an issue stemming from excising material at the script stage rather than the editing stage.

He's not good.

Memento is great
Inception is ok but you can start noticing he is starting to believe he is kubrick or something
His batman movies are pure capeshit. Tdkr is actually retarded
Interstellar is his head so far up hia own ass it transcended time and space

>and insists on stuffing his films with insane levels of exposition.
This is true.
Too pleb enabling.

His stories are loaded with contrivances and his dialog loaded with exposition, so average people feel intelligent for being able to even understand what's going on. People feel smart if they can comprehend a Nolan movie, even though they shouldn't.

I agree with just about everything you said, plus he sometimes gets pretty flat performances from the actors (with some obvious exceptions)

That being said he certainly has his merits and I'm excited for his next film

He is better than zack snyder

Highly debatable, shitposter-kun.

This

That said, i think it's one of his charm. He manage to make a movie with high concept and yet still enables it to be accessed for most viewers. That's why he manage to make a good yet profitable movie unlike some other directors with similarly high aim in story telling.

Dunkirk is coming next year, hopefully it'll be great

Snyder once said Nolan's Batman movie isn't dark enough and Bats could get raped in his movie. So... yeah i think Nolan win this round.

>Cred Forums still sucks his dick by Baneposting

TDKR is a love letter from Nolan... FOR YOU

>Snyder once said Nolan's Batman movie isn't dark enough and Bats could get raped in his movie

You faggots keep quoting that, ignoring that he has since made a Batman movie and didn't do that in it.

All his movies have the exact same plot. Husband/boyfriend kills wife/gf or they feel responsible for it.

people here like nolan

Cred Forums had an inception thread every fucking day for like 1 year and a half after it released

Cred Forums had a BANE thread every fucking day for like 4 years after it released

Fixed that... for you

yeah but those bane threads werent praising nolan, it was to meme the shit out a garbage scene

Missed opportunity IMO

That said, i'm glad they finally let Affleck direct the new Bats movie instead of Snyder.

He's a great blockbuster movie director.
Treating his movies as if they're some kind of high art makes you look stupid, whether you love him or hate him.

I really liked Inception and especially TDK

Interstellar made me hate him with a passion though

>Interstellar made me hate him with a passion though

Why? Besides the "Love transcends everything" bullshit, Interstellar was a good movie.

This.

Without the Love thing (which i dont even hate), its pretty good.