letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
letterboxd.com/horrormaster34/
letterboxd.com/AnvilVapre/
letterboxd.com/nozomi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

wew

>he doesn't follow smoothhands
WTF are u DOING!! get ahold of your LyfE!

Have any one of you actually sat down and read the crybaby reviews of the Neon demon?

letterboxd.com/machill54/

tfw no films this weekend because being a god damned normie

Blackpool is so shit, it's like an abandoned funfair but a whole town. Have there been any films set there? Feel like it would lend itself well

No why would I

letterboxd.com/hugo/

been rewatching some good stuff because I felt like it and holy shit Don't Breathe was incredible.

Reminder that Ridley Scott > Akira Kurosawa

What's the point of this meme? To foster hatred for vulgar autism faggots? Everybody already hates them.

Reminder that tsar is a tubby greasyhead beta male

How many films do you watch a day? 3 for me

>this is what /lbg/ has become

I don't want to be in the same general thread as people who can't appreciate Sir Billi.

>letterboxd

r8 my patrician taste

I have depression, so now it takes a whole day to finish just one film.

letterboxd.com/drew1992/

Why does having depression affect the run time of a film?

do you have to keep pausing to say 'damn I'm sad as hell'?

I really liked Kuroneko, not sure if i prefer it or Onibaba, but kuroneko was more solid all the way through

Anyone here excited for twin peaks season 3?

It affects how fast I finish it. I have no motivation/interest, no life inside, attention span has decreased, watching a film drains/'bores' me (even with good or fast paced films).

Then i would recomend you to watch
Un homme qui dort

Maybe you should stop watching films and get mental help

Consensus on this? Downloaded it after seeing how highly rated it was (top 10 films of the 2010's on letterboxd I believe)

Thought it was going to pretentious as fuck with the 1:1 format, and normally despise frogshit, but I absolutely love it, and the 1:1 ratio really gives it an intimate feel and allows for those stellar shots where the ratios widens to 1.85:1.

Normally when people talk about shit like ratios or colour pallets evoking emotions, they sound autistic as fuck and just blathering on to sound smart, but I really did feel that way.

Forgot my pic.

Might do that.

Thank you for your concern. It's just that I can't afford it. Watching happy Technicolor films has been therapeutic though. It's like they're the equivalent of iyashikei anime.

>anime
You lost me

It's a category of therapeutic or healing anime.

>A sub-genre of slice of life, however, what differs iyashikei from slice of life is the healing effects: In short, iyashikei calms the reader and leaves them with light-hearted, maybe with a hint of melancholy. The typical of characteristics of iyashikei are a few characters who all feel sympathetic towards each other; close, slowly developing relationships without conflicts as we might know them; an appreciation for nature and the small, beautiful things in life - and most importantly, iyashikei series are mostly located in another time and another world as we live in. Despite the similarities to our lives, iyashikei series are supposed to set us in another world where our sorrows actually are practically non-existent.

letterboxd.com/samtlx/

I really didn't like gits 2, 80% of the film was just the characters quoting qoutes

Does Paul Schrader have any good films besides Mishima?

the canyons

No I mean good films.

>frogshit
it's from quebec, not france

forever mine is like a masterful sirk homage

CG Flash news from yesterday:

We're almost done. We're clamping down on some security issues but once resolved we should be live in a couple of days. As for donations, as you can imagine, our downtime has cost us the donations of last month and we have some extra costs now so we'll be doing a donation drive once we're back. The big question is what'll happen once we're attacked again. :)

Rate and rec fellow redditors.

Even worse.

letterboxd.com/ni7san/

You're a godsent. I'm always terrible with getting the latest news.
So thank you very much, always appreciate your updates.

Nice work man.You should be an investigative journalist.

Completely accurate rating for interstellar. I feel like you give films 4 stars too much, but if you enjoy so many films that much good for you

Interstellar was decent until the third act when they started 'Love is fiff dimension ' bullshit.It had a good soundtrack especially the parts with organ music.
>but if you enjoy so many films that much good for you
That's because until recently I have been watching kino mostly.But I have started watching more mediocre and trashy stuff.

we are the discord cronies and we are here to fuck shit up

Death Wish 3 was really disappointing

letterboxd.com/white_water/

did you see Don't Breathe in theaters or is it on torrents already?

bump

Those threads are the worst

What did you think of the man who fell to earth? My opinion on it is very divided. Sometimes i feel that it's a masterpiece while other times i see it as an unfocused piece of trash

Maybe establish a more grounding rating system?
Like, cinematography is half a star, so is sound/ost, technique, direction, script/dialogue, etc. and get the overall feeling of it.

But you're right, at times some things are intentional of the director. In which case, simply reading up about it will shed light on that aspect.

that doesn't sound good

letterboxd.com/mmmonty/list/the-return-of-the-matthew/

>I took a break from LB for about a week and a half because I had become exhausted by the toxicity of the site.

how can you be so needy that you have announce your 10-day break from a website?

Why?

Some movies don't have some of the things you mentionned

this is stupid. do you know what made the pantheon directors stand out?

And you obviously don't rate on that. The most a film can't have is lack of soundtrack, and even then you can rate on if the decision to have no soundtrack was good or bad for the film.

Why is it stupid?
Are you sure you're understanding my post?

you divide up the films aspects in 10 parts and then you give a binary point if each aspect was good.

no cinematography:
letterboxd.com/film/blue-1993/

Yes, and I remember Heurelemts en faveur de Sade also is just black and white screens. And there might be another one called Yellow. But they are very few.

There are more than 10 elements in a film, and you have to use a 5 scale rating (10 scales are inferior and unreliable, I'm sorry I can't find you the article that explained why more in depth).

Watching Human Condition 1 today

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

awful movie

Anyone seen the new Mag 7? What'd y'all think of it?

top3 of 2016 fucking amazing to beq uite honest

letterboxd.com/maxine_factor/

what a shit site

Some people just deserve to get their head stomped in

That second-to-last comment is genuine, I bet.

Kill me

this is her bio, i'm pretty sure it's bait desu

what the fuck is a terf

letterboxd.com/ggeecckkoo/

sTupid faggEt Retard non-Females

TERF is a person who actively harm transexuals like assigning the gender of a new born child as male
it's retarded

How come you can't add tv series in letterboxd?

what the fuck

No it's not you fucking imbecile.

It stands for Trans-Excluding Radical Feminist.

bECAUS eTHE SHITE is more csoncerned with tumbler audeineacen

Is there a site like letterboxd for tv shows?

imdb

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/

Trakt or IMDB.

IMDB is probably still the best unless you require streaming services and read some faggot reviewers.

t. embryo

...what did you just say to me?

It's bold and daring and confidently weird as a film in a way you very rarely get to see now so I respect it for that but at the same time it didn't really 'work' for me, it didn't really connect with me on whatever levels it was trying to achieve. Felt a similar kind of way to Performance

Glad I got to see it in 4K though and glad I got to watch Michael C Hall uproariously laughing his head off in the audience when the girl does a piss. worth the price of admission

t. embryo

>Ghostbusters
>Half star

Can't believe you fell for that meme. Any sane human being knows there are far worse movies out there.

sure there are, but i rated it based on the entertainment value and i had a strong sense of boredom throughout the film

letterboxd.com/horrormaster34/

>Rate. Hate. Follow.

Will literally follow anybody that follows me.

Yes, I rate hard as balls.

Good to see a more reasonable rating for Paprika.

>I rate hard as balls
Two questions:
Why?
Are the 4 favorites 5 stars?

>Why?
Just the way I am. I don't think you should just give out 5* like a lot of people do. I still have to rate a lot of movies I've already seen, most will get 3.5 & 4 stars.

>Are the 4 favorites 5 stars?
You could just look at my ratings man. Currently have six 5* movies. Subconscious Cruelty (#2 favorite) isn't rated because it's been years since I've seen it.

>Just the way I am. I don't think you should just give out 5* like a lot of people do.

All of this. Five stars means literally nothing on Letterboxd when people throw them at every single movie they enjoy.

Theatres. Its a pretty good film to see in a theatre if you can find one with 7.1 sound and a non-shitty audience

tfw a damn teen literally answered his phone in the middle of the movie at my showing of Don't Breathe

You didn't follow the rules. Only go during the weekdays, when school is in, and at the first showing (10am-12pm usually). You'll get either nobody or all older people/couples.

yeah because i really wanna go to a theater where old people are getting their wrinkly dicks sucked

bad humor/10

kill yourself

letterboxd.com/AnvilVapre/
Anyone here seen Swallowtail Butterfly

I need more friends to validate my opinions on things

letterboxd.com/nozomi/

Also, I will watch the next three movies posted ITT

Exodus: Gods and Kings

shit

shit

shit

there's nothing more autistic than shilling IƱhackitu

i won 2 passes to the akira kurosawa meet and greet, but i dont wanna go

It's literally only the autistic artfags that bitch about Inarritu

>projecting

you mean anyone with a modicum of taste?

do you even know what that word means? baka

keep sayeen that to yourself

Dumb ghettoposter

Pretty sure he's dead.

probably the greatest film ever made

It's because you abandoned us for your "job"

Literally nothing wrong with Inarritu's work. Every single one of his films is pretty solid. The only reason YOU dislike him is because he isn't obscure.

ironic shitposting is still shitposting, reddit

This. In my experience the only people who hate Inarritu have seen less than 700 films.

I haven't posted in an lgb thread since that site was invite only beta or whatever the fuck.

My film taste is still shit.

Plenty of time to progress since then

you're actually better than 99% of the people who still visit these threads

Ah, taste. Taste to the pretentious letterboxd user is selectively picking films to display on a meaningless profile in order to both impress people and insinuate the idea or belief that they have the film knowledge which allows them to perpetuate an illusion of sophistication, which ultimately they so desire and crave.
Whereas a food gourmet would look at a beautifully prepared foie gras and not pay much mind to the chef who made it, the letterboxd critic is one to care more about its creator, how that person is seen by the general public, and how their opinion on said creator makes them seem to said public. In other words, letterboxd has created a community of film "appreciators" who don't appreciate anything that doesn't do anything the personas they create online. Film has been reduced to a means of which these "appreciators" buy social status and credibility.

>
This person hasn't seen a vagina in at least 5 years

anywhere I can download this already?

I can't buy it because I'm from a third world country

Try Google