This was really enjoyable

This was really enjoyable.

What else should I watch from Studio Ghibli?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0407384/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Porco Rosso, of course.

Kiki and Mononoke are the next best ones.

Should probably also give Nausicaa and Totoro a look if you want to see their more influential stuff.

Howls moving castle for sure.

Movie was a lump of shit made by a crazy jap hippie. Overrated Chinese cartoon garbage.

Man I freaking love that film.

I wish I could watch it every day.

When Marnie was there
Totoro is comfy but the deus ex catbus kills all suspension off at the end, imho

Literally every single one directed by Hayao Miyazaki, he's never made a bad film. Isao Takahata's films aren't as good, but they are still good, especially Grave of the Fireflies.

It's easily one of the coziest movies ever made. Max comfy.

>Miyazaki
>never made a bad film

then just put it on all day

The Wind Rises, but only after having seen most of the other ones. It's a bookend piece, also IMHO his best.

Just watch all of them, there is not a bad Ghibli movie

How is the catbus a deus when it's established from the start?

>god tier
Nausicaa
Grave of the Fireflies
Only Yesterday
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
The Wind Rises
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

>great tier
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Howl's Moving Castle
Ponyo
Arrietty

>good tier
Porco Rosso
The Cat Returns
From Up on Poppy Hill
When Marnie Was There

>shit tier
Pom Poko
Tales from Earthsea

>Pom Poko
I think the testicles thing is what threw me off from really really enjoying this movie. I mean what the fuck?!
>Tales from Earthsea
I can do better than what dad did!

wait, there's an earthsea anime?

I know a lot of people don't like From Up on Poppy Hill, but I've got a soft spot for it and I like that Goro and Hayao reconciled enough to work on a film together.

Yeah, Miyazaki's son directed it and it's universally considered the worst Ghibli movie. Ursula K. Le Guin hated it too.

>god tier
>The Wind Rises

>universally considered the worst Ghibli movie. Ursula K. Le Guin hated it too.
welp

still going to watch it all the way through, though, same as I did dragonlance dragons of autumn twilight

Catbus is just too convenient. Instead of letting the mc find her sister and solve the problem the catbus does it for her. Even if he shows up before, its too powerful. It completely overshadows Totoro, the main monster, too! The should have called the movie "My mighty Catbus" ...

skip ghibli, watch Kon

Porco Rosso is the worst Miyazaki movie and anyone recommending it is a contrarian.

Than you could be also interested in this
imdb.com/title/tt0407384/

I'm not recommending it,it's better to just read the books.

no; no

I genuinely like it but I'm not too familiar with anime. It was shown at the Pan-Asian Club a few years ago. I've also seen Ninja Scroll and Akira, those were really great too.

Studio Ghibli films are fucking magic to me. They are so mellow and pastoral, it's amazing.

THANK YOU
had no idea this existed either

princess mononoke is my favorite

See:
The only problem with Porco Rosso is that it feels like part one of a three part series.

All of them are good.
>hating on Pom Poko
Fuck you.
>I mean what the fuck?!
They are tanuki. Pretty sure jokes about the scrotes are common for tanuki folklore.

Just finding the little brat would seem contrived, catbus isn't convenient since they don't know how to summon him and need totoro to do so.

Also, bringing up power levels... You need to go back

Eh, it wasn't my favorite, but I'm sure he could do worse. Then again I haven't seen his last two or three. It's like saying there's a "worst Toy Story movie."

Shit, meant to link to

>Ponyo
>Bad
shit taste, its wonderful and top tier comfy

Oh man, that's a lot of stuff I need to watch

Cheers!

Check out Kon and Oshii too.

Is Memories all 3 in one movie?

yes

It's an anthology.

damn
Spike really changed after cowboy bebop

I love all of you guys, thanks for existing.

Except for the user who said porco rosso was bad

I always have inuyasha on in the background

You guys need to watch Future Boy Conan.
Not Studio Ghibli, but Miyazaki is the director.

I want to be so comfy that I melt

I've been to the Ghibli Museum in japan and oh man I never thought a physical place could make me feel like Miyazaki's films do. Cried like a bitch in one room and idk why it was just this beautiful moment.

Probably looked like the biggest weaboo faggot aussie piggu go home but fuck it

any pics of you crying there?

there was a no photos sign so I'm pretty sure no but some sneaky jap probably got a picture to laugh at later in private

>Ponyo
>bad

Ponyo was good, it's just that it was a genuine kids movie.

rude af

mononoke-hime
best soundtrack and visuals imo. The pictures of the forest are true art. The plot is interesting. The characters are well-made.

>implying it wasn't

Not him, but I seriously think the The Wind Rises is one of the best. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not american and our country's only contribution to the war was getting fucked in the ass from every direction because of our stupidity.

that's the best one and everyone knows it

No, Laputa: Castle in the Sky.