>It's a Wonderful Life
>Mary Poppins
>A Matter of Life and Death
>Pan's Labyrinth
>The Seventh Seal

Thoughts?

>corporate revenue flow cinematigraphical exhibition centre
Who are the people who write to this program Jesus Christ

It was great when Film4 was just getting started as a paid-for service that nobody was fucking subscribing to, so Channel 4 put on weekly film fests and Commode would do intros for the best shit to kick them off.
They were maximum cozy, gave a good idea of whether it was worth watching, and gave you time to find a tape to record on.

I probably wouldn't have heard of Braindead, Hard Boiled, Battle Royale, L'appartement, and many more, let alone bothered to watch them as early as I did without those intros.

>no Silent Running
>no Dougal and the Blue Cat
>no Jeremy
Your list is not without flaws

It's what he put down on the Sight & Sound critics poll

>There aren't enough muh stronk womyn or black men in thismovie!!!!

Ah, I see. Pretty good list though. Not seen Eyes without a Face.

Genuinely surprised he didn't stick Silent Running on there as he is always banging on about it.

>tfw he thought The Nice Guys was crap

>it has capitalist tones I dislike very much, as a self confesed Trot I watch my wife get pentrated by that BBC *plays double bass*

>rummage through old videos
>fury review
>half the video is kermode talking about angelina jolie liking his haircut
>brad pitt stole my haircut for fury
Okay

Kermode dislikes Baykino because it's "offensive". Fucking libcuck hack should off himself.

Listen to one of his reviews sometime, then maybe you'll know what you're talking about, hey?

He's starting to look pretty JUST these days.

It was though

it was, you big manbaby

Why does he only wear glasses that look too small for his face?

Allows him to enjoy Kino more

>they don't have transition kino lenses

>Brazil

Pretty good first half, then it turns into boring trash with awful pacing.

>The exorcist

Similar but reverse actually, overly logn first half with scenes that go nowhere. Not even really an oppressive feeling either, it's all just exposition as to why an atheist would allow an exorcism on her daughter.

>It's a wonderful life
If "classic" was a genre, this'd be the posterchild. Clever, heartfelt and pretty wonderful, though it lacks any sort of edge whatsoever and ahs that typical awful '40s acting.

>Mary Poppins
Fucking lol

>Pan's Labyrinth
Imaginative, dark, heartbreaking, pretty darn fantastic movie, desu.

>Seventh seal
Very interesting, ut also with tonal issues and a bunch of pointless shite that goes nowhere. Still a very interesting main character with a good focus and what the story should be about.

>Mark: "It reminded me a great deal of [movie from 70 years ago that maybe four people ever saw]"

>Simon: "I'm sorry, [movie from 70 years ago]?"

>Mark: "God you're a pleb. I wish you'd fucking die already."

Looks fine to me.

You realise all glasses taper like that, and the frames aren't the exact width of your ears?

Hi Mark! You do look like shit for 53 mate. At least ten years older than that.

Thanks, remember to buy Hatchet Job as a Christmas gift for all your loved ones, download the Witter app which I profit from enormously, and hello to Jason Isaacs!