It's simple, but Dragnet is fucking perfect, especially the second run. The music, the acting, the narration...

It's simple, but Dragnet is fucking perfect, especially the second run. The music, the acting, the narration. Jack Webb was surprisingly emotive for a man with a stone-faced, deadpan, monotone delivery.

Even today it still holds up, and you can see how shows like Law & Order borrowed so heavily from it. Sure it's a little straightforward in the police being upright good guys, but that's not the point.

So, uh Dragnet thread? Yes the movie counts too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jnhj7z_EdUs

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/11/illegal-aliens-sentenced-beating-elderly-minnesota-farmer-death/
youtube.com/watch?v=nhFA3mnlYGE
youtube.com/watch?v=QGskWZCuCXI
youtube.com/watch?v=cjquGpmgwOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thanks for giving us just the facts user, just the facts

Yes sir.

I only watched the Ed O'Neill version
I really liked it

His and his partner's reaction to pothead parents forgetting their baby in a bathtub while getting high was great. METV better bring it back. Same with Adam-12

The drug episodes as a whole are great.

The thing that gets me is that they're all based off of real cases.

An old man was beaten to death with a hammer. That's depressing as fuck.

i wish jack webb was my dad.

Yeah, you'd be rich.

I know a few old men I'd like to beat to death with a hammer. More than a few... a disturbing amount now that I'm actually counting.

It still happens. This Minnesota farmer was killed to death because he made the mistake of hiring some day laborers at Home Depot.

breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/11/illegal-aliens-sentenced-beating-elderly-minnesota-farmer-death/

Hes probably only disturbed because it happened in the 50s or some shit.

Golden age fallacy, etc.

the guy is so hilariously square

my thought watching it is always "people actually were supposed to like this guy?"

youtube.com/watch?v=nhFA3mnlYGE

No, the actor who played his friend did a good job conveying the sadness. It's a bit thick, but loss and death open up old wounds for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=QGskWZCuCXI

Jack could be a good straight man too.

youtube.com/watch?v=cjquGpmgwOo

Oh man.

Carson looks like he's about to lose it half the gig. Damn that's funny.

I always got a kick about how he would use the same actors to play different characters every episode. One week the guy was a cop the next he was holding up a store.

How is your relationship with your father

god damn this looks super comfy

please fuck off and die on the way there, thanks

Dragnet is the most Cred Forums show of all time. Just because you've never seen it and have no idea what anyone ITT is talking about doesn't give you the right to parade your SJW nonsense around

fucking Cred Forumsmblr

The first video linked is them busting Cred Forums for being Cred Forums.

Yes, OP (and you ARE OP), Nazis == Cred Forums

Have you even actually ever participated in Cred Forums or do you just pretend to know what's going on?

is this the show that the Simpsons was parodied in the episode when Homers mum comes back for the first time?

I'm sorry John, you are the demons.

Fuck yeah. Love Adam 12.
It's on Hulu if you're interested...

which run did the usually play on nick at night back in the day?

The second, late 60s run.

Both. As it would commonly be B&W and clearly late 60s.