Ywn watch Drive for the first time again

>ywn watch Drive for the first time again

>watch drive because Cred Forums says how good it is
>it's a boring pretentious slog fest

it sucked and i honestly cant tell if you guys are being ironic when you say its good. god damn this place really fucks with your head.

>for the first time again

there's always going to be someone on Cred Forums saying the best of the best movies are shit.

I reckon your post is one of them.

>>it's a boring pretentious slog fest

I found it to be one of the most unique bit of cinema ever produced. Every scene felt fresh and was exactly the opposite of boring.

A worthy remake of Le Samourai, better than The Driver or Ghost Dog even and leagues above Léon.

>tfw still haven't seen it

Look at this nice box

wouldn't expect a frogposter to understand

The first scene is awesome, after that it's just okay

>be in high school
>convince 3 classmates to watch Drive on opening night with me
>like 10 people in the theatre
>one guy liked it, the other two (a nu-male and a woman) thought it was boring
>hang out with that guy for rest of the year

I saw it in the cinemas about 5 years ago and decided to re watch it a few days ago and it still holds up in all its glory. An excellent film is what it is

Is this real? Where can I pre-order it?

Did you fuck?

It's pretty good.
Am I banned btw senpai ?

>Frogposter thinks his taste matters

oh cool, I am ok.

as much of a meme as it is now, you REALLY connect with it if you're a certain type of person. you know what I'm talking about if you're one of them. I've sort of gotten my shit together more since I first watched this but I don't think i'll forget how much I related when I first watched it. never really felt that way about a movie before.

I still wear the jacket.

I want that.

Surely people are just joking about thinking Drive is good?

It's pretty embarassing

>my old boss has to mind his eleven year old nephew for a weekend
>nephew is autistic
>takes him to the cinema
>for whatever reason he takes him to see Drive, not realizing it was an adult movie
>kid is quiet during the movie and afterwards
>boss puts him to bed later that night
>kid asks "are people going to break in here tonight and kill us with shotguns like in the movie?"

SWEET DREAMS KID

Yeah, me neither, except Le Samourai and Ghost Dog..

Goddamn that's beautiful

>watch Drive for the 1st time not knowing anything about it
>dislike it

>see A LOT of Drive memes on Cred Forums
>watch the movie again
>suddenly a masterpiece

thanks

>user has been alone so long he can't believe people like things he doesn't like
I've shown it to people for years and a majority liked it. Even my plebtastic exs. (You)

It's like a B-grade version of Taxi Driver

No surprise a frogposter has pleb taste.

Whoa where the fuck can I get this?

Why would you hang out with a nu-male for the rest of the year?

reverse image searched this. Looks like a France only release.

>never watched Drive before
>get to watch it for the first time

literally turned it off, so many shots of absolute nothingn ness

are all 3 films connected? or just a gosling collection>

>My hands are real dirty
>So am I
Dialogue was shit.

Wanna fight?

TAKE THE DRESS OFF

Drive was mediocre at best. It's for pretentious hipster faggots that need a male role-model in their meaningless lives to fill the void and the imbalances of a fatherless life.

I was actually gonna watch this movie for the first time today. What am I in for?

A trendy meme movie for babbies wanting to step away from the usual cinema entertainment pieces that America typically pursues.

Drive would have been perfect if it had a final, climactic car chase.

I mean that's what the movie sort of promises you in the first act. And it's about a getaway driver. Why not one last getaway drive? Against the police, against the bad guys, against anyone? But it ends with beating the shit out of people instead of intense car action.

I still feel really let down by that.

>no Valhalla

Nope.

Absolute kino starring my boy bby goose.

As long as I don't have to watch it a second time, I'm good.

>what is deconstruction

People like you only proves that the movie achieved exactly what it intended.

who cares only god forgives is the best movie of all time

Watched in theater on its opening day when I was 15. A pure cinematic shock.
They cristallize Refn's change in style and themes. Drive is when he became interested in filming an "heightened reality".

You turned off the projector in your cinema?
That's a dick move.

It's not Fast and Furious.
The whole point of Drive is to put an autist who thinks he's a movie character into a movie like situation so he can realize it's not at all like in the movies.

>It's not Fast and Furious.
And? Are you saying the other car chases weren't Hollywood bullshit? lmao

>The whole point of Drive is to put an autist who thinks he's a movie character into a movie like situation so he can realize it's not at all like in the movies.
If that were true he would have died like the one broad who took buckshot to the face, instead of miraculously surviving countless deadly encounters with psychopaths.

A good example of what you're describing would be No Country for Old Men, or Gomorrah, where wannabe action heroes actually get got in the end, not the movie where the guy serial-kills veteran hitmen and mobsters, takes a knife in the gut, and is good to go after sitting and reflecting on it for ten minutes.

You can suck my dick too, you're both full of shit.

The driver is so fucking cringey I struggled to watch this movie. It's embarrassing. He's like an autistic wannabe clint eastwood but it's so fucking awkward

>And? Are you saying the other car chases weren't Hollywood bullshit? lmao
"lmao"
Kill yourself.

It's not "Fast and Furious", it does not revolve around car chases, it's about a guy who gets stuck in a fucked up situation. Kinda like The Pusher Trilogy, also directed by Refn.

The main difference between Drive and the films you're referencing to is the principle of "heightened reality". As we progress in the story, the Driver becomes who was trying to be : that mythical figure inspired by Michael Mann and John Woo film characters. The other characters remain realistic.

Style over Substance: The Movie

>Kill yourself.
Reading your bullshit flailing arguments sure makes me want to.

>It's not "Fast and Furious", it does not revolve around car chases
It had two, one of which was an opening scene. A film's opening scene is a promise to the audience of what the film is generally going to be about. If it didn't revolve around car chases, it shouldn't have opened with a car chase. If it didn't revolve around car chases, it wouldn't have more than one car chase. Not that complicated.

>The main difference between Drive and the films you're referencing to is the principle of "heightened reality". As we progress in the story, the Driver becomes who was trying to be : that mythical figure inspired by Michael Mann and John Woo film characters.
At what point was he *not* that? At which points did he fail at that? When he uses a mattress for a bullet shield and kills a hitman with a shower curtain rod?

The movie is an adolescent power fantasy from beginning to end. A regular person would have died, crashed, and gotten arrested ten times over in the same situations. I don't see how this is even debatable.

The difference between us is I took it for what it was, a fun little adolescent power fantasy. You're analyzing it as some kind of deep film.

I stand by what I said. The movie would have benefited from another car chase and you are full of shit with your "you just didn't get it" pseudo-intellectual nonsense.