Now that the HD Rip is out

Now that the HD Rip is out

What did you think of the new Ghostbusters?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-budget-cut-fox-execs-789896
youtube.com/watch?v=uYScsqagKuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is new? What is changed?
Was Kevin actually the main character?

I honestly tried watching it the other night and found it really tough to get through. Here are some of the problems I had.

>1. The pacing was awful, it moved like a slug stuck in tar.

>2. The characters were all cardboard and completely unfunny.

>3. The token dyke character dances. A lot. Please fucking stop.

>4. The main villain is laughably poor.

>5. I couldn't even make it to the end of the movie.

>6. Why? Just fucking why?

Hemsworth was funny as fuck

made it through half of the download & decided it wasn't worth finishing.

Now I know for sure all those fucking faggots gave this movie on RT good reviews purely for political reasons...

This movie was battlefield earth level of bad.

Agreed. He was a tiny golden nugget in a giant turd.

>eating Pringles
>no Pringles in sight
>spitting out Pringles
shit continuity in multiple places
but I bet Dan Akroyd loves it.

So what stuff was obvious shilling in the movie?

>Sony phones, cameras and laptops (of course)
>Pringles
>Papa Johns
>Macy's
>Twinkies

Said it last night in a thread. The main thing to take away that this a comedy that's just not funny. Secondly the characters were largely unlikable and had no where near the chemistry that the original cast had.

It wasn't the hottest piece of trash I've ever seen or anything, it just wasn't engaging. I didn't care if these girls saved the world or not. All in all, it's about a 4/10 if I were to rate this thing.

shit yeah product placement was obnoxious
missed the twinkies

>youtube
>reddit

Also that first 1.5 second shot of the lead singer took me right the fuck out of it all. Complete shit.

I actually laughed at mike hat.

But yeah, I didn't like the movie. Didn't hate it either, though. It was just mediocre on every level.

It was a really bad movie. Plain and simple. Women, men, everyone's at fault for making this a bad film.

Improv by Hemsworth, btw

Walked out of the room around the time Hemsworth came in and every started o0o0o0ing at him

Came back later to find a Mrs Slimer and all the girls commenting on useless Hemsworth was then a pointless cameo from Hudson

Even the staging of the scenes is really bad, when you start looking at them. Like this one...where they all waddle into frame, finding their marks.

>yfw you realize Murray hadn't commited when this scene was shot
>greenscreened in later

i thought its shit
i never watched it and i never will

Yeah, most of the movie feels like improv. Which doesn't have to be a bad thing (I mean, shit, the original Ghostbusters was also mostly ad-lib'd on set). But I guess the difference is that you go from guys like Harold Ramis or Bill Murray who can improvise in-character to Feig's approach of "just try to say funny shit, we'll pick the best lines in the editing room".

Spiritual sequel to Pixels.

Would it be funnier if I said it came from the front?

>hey guys, we know you love the original movies, so let's kill one of the guys you love who will probably die soon in real life anyway

>#TheFlaciding

Pixels is way funnier.

Now I can not watch this shit in HD!

Why do they think dancing is funny?

it was only "relevant" when the memes and hate were fresh. menbusters will be forgotten like Robocop remake

Pretty much a Sandler movie?

A mediocre although somewhat tolerable comedy ruined by marketing.

If thry had taken a humble approach this movie easily could have picked up steam and established a fanbasr.

Instead everyone wants to forget it and move on, both meninists and sjw hate unironically.

They probably thought the "action scene" was taking the boring original to a whole different level. Unfortunately, the confused and laughable result has the opposite effect. There aren't coherent rules to the way ghosts are fought. The weapons which were carefully introduced earlier don't pay off in a clear and satisfying manner.

There aren't developed pay-offs established earlier in the movie.

>tfw haven't bothered to waste time downloading this

All of the weapons were established in 1984 through the animated series and, frankly, I believe the physics in this film to be clearer than the original film.

>b-birdy l-let go ;_;

should i download this to see just how shit it is or just ignore it,im wondering..

It's Ghostbusters 3. Watch it.
It's primary issue is having been made in 2015.

They really went with a shot to the crotch joke?

Is this movie on the same level as an Adam Sandler one?

also i see that the budget is 144 million $ so how is the CGI and visual effects,with that high of a budget should look good right?

Anyone have the webm of Feig and everyone "dancing" on set?

Every fucking behind the scenes clip somebody on set is dancing.

FUCK OFF.

Everybody know the 2009 videogame is Ghostbusters 3.

"Why isn't this ghost scene scary one fucking bit"?
>"PRINGLES we need PRINGLES to make the scene work properly".

"Hey why don't we just make the entire 2 hour movie an advert"?
>"Did someone just order pizza? You mean PAPA JOHN PIZZA'S. I repeat, that's PAPA JOHN'S PIZZA'S".

I'm waiting for the YIFY rip, thank you very much.

Did product placement secretly save this movie bros?

Kids movie with a disgusting pussy fart gag. Now that's social fucking justice progress right there.

Slapshot!!!

Portraying a character that you've established as incompetent, bungling and uncoordinated in a physically heroic maneuver is inconsistent in term of narrative and character arc.

Also, ... "Slapshot!"

Fuck off dummy.

Let's not forget the cartoon bit cause lol random.

>and, frankly, I believe the physics in this film to be clearer than the original film.

You mean like when McCarthy is being pushed off the ground by the proton discharge like she's wielding a firehose in one scene then in the next they are sprinting after a ghost firing it like a super soaker?

I thought it would be a lot worse due to comments here.

I would give it a 4/10 just for the cameos and the music.

Can anyone post more gifs/webms from the film? I can't be bothered to download it, and I really don't feel like watching it (I will sooner or later, just so that my 2/10 or maybe even 1/10 rating on IMDb for it is justified). But I really don't care for spoilers for a piece of shit like this so yeah fire those webms away if any of you have 'em.

thought kate mcinnon or whatever would be the best part, she was actually worse than harambe, bitch can't act

It was pretty bad.
But it was at least watchable with a chuckle-worthy joke here and there... up until the last act when it became legit garbage.

I'm really surprised it scored 75% on RottenTomatoes and most people seemed to think it's just average.

What part of the movie did you laugh at Cred Forums?

I'll wait.

it takes less time than making a post here

I didn't come to Ghostbusters thread for feels.

Horrible pacing, terribly unfunny. You could tell that the makers of this movie had no fucking idea what they we're doing and we're just throwing stuff in without any sense.

Most of the jokes are without any setup like the Pringles joke. Not to mention that the Holtzmann character was one of the worst and annoying characters I've seen in a long time.

It's a weird movie in that it doesn't seem to have any inner logic and consistently forgets it's own rules. That just screams stupid and amateurish script writing. It's a bad, bad movie.

>just for the cameos
Yeah, gotta admit, even as ham-fisted as they were, I smiled at every cameo.

Could someone post the link for the rip? I need to see this shit for myself.

>It wasn't the hottest piece of trash I've ever seen or anything

really?

if it wasn't a politisized movie, it'd be up for a razzie.

Even when they killed Bill Murray?

sent :^)

Thanks user

the best part of the movie is when patty becomes possessed and comes out dressed as a dominatrix and then fucks every one including hemsworth with a large ghostly strap on

all the while yelling " the power of patty compels you"

Pretty much every male character was funnier than the 4 women. It's almost as if it was done on purpose. Paul Feig is a madman.

>Yeah, gotta admit, even as ham-fisted as they were, I smiled at every cameo.

I'll be smiling when I make a cameo at your funeral.

I can honestly see now why they doubled down on the SJW shit to market this movie to try adn grab some sort of audience.

Can you imagine being a Sony Exec watching the first cuts of this shit, wonder were 150 million literally got spent on, they must have been sweating bullets at this clusterfuck, no wonder this board was getting smashed day in and day out by PR teams.

Sony must have been desperate to minimize the loss.

REBOOT CAMEOS

How you want them to come off:
>"The old cast is giving their blessing to the new movie, isn't it a nice gift to the fans?"

How it came off in GB 2016:
>"We have to put in a few desperate cameos from the old cast, cuz the film cannot stand on it's own legs. Bill Murray doesn't want to touch this with a ten foot pole, do you think we should just let him off with the gratitude to someone who gave something creative and fun to the world? THREATEN TO SUE HIS ASS IF HE DOESN'T GO GET HIS FUCKIN SHINE BOX AND COME TO THE STUDIO!!!"

And that's why Bill Murray looks like he could give a rats ass in every still from the movie and interview. "These....girls.... are....fun....ny...."

>wonder were 150 million literally got spent
They edit a lot stuff they thought it was completly stupid, like the dance scene, the rumor said that when they watch it the realize how much money they waste

>"These....girls.... are....fun....ny...."
He looked dead inside. It's even sadder when you know he was bullied by Sony.

It would've been a lot better (i.e. salvaged) if it was a Edgar Wright production. Written and directed. Ad-lib set to a minimum.

That's all I have to say

Now that's Power Rangers level of shitty acting.

It's mainly cause Rothman came in to replace Pascal after she got let go or stepped down or whatever. And since Rothman was notorious for cost cutting back at Fox, he would look at Ghostbusters and realize how fucked up the size of the budget was.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-budget-cut-fox-execs-789896

>On the financial front, Rothman already has managed to tighten the budget on Paul Feig's all-female Ghostbusters, planned for July 2016, without any apparent bloodshed (despite earlier friction with Feig when the director made The Heat at Fox). The Ghostbusters price tag when greenlit by Pascal was a hefty $169 million, with rich deals for talent, including $14 million for Melissa McCarthy and north of $10 million for Feig. Rothman couldn't do anything about those fees, but sources say Feig made tweaks to the script to reduce the cost to $154 million — just a few million above Rothman's target of $150 million.

>74707088

I haven't seen it but I'd put money on the first scene being when they're developing the tech (probably during a montage) and the second being later once its refined

Am I right?

> talent

I will never ever watch it

>$154 million
It's a money laundering scheme, no way in hell did that movie cost so much.

>I haven't seen it

Then shut your fucking mouth.

>but I'd put money on the first scene being when they're developing the tech (probably during a montage) and the second being later once its refined

Nope, because they still show scenes of the characters bracing when they use the proton packs but for the running scene it's completely absent

I flushed 10 bucks down the toilet so i feel like i've seen it.

>yfw they didn't know how to incorporate the Sig cameo so they just threw her into the credits

My mom might like it. Thanks for the heads up.

its money laundering

Stream?

holy shieeeet I'm not alone

>watch the film
>know about the cameos
>know about the controversy behind Murray
>expect to see him a lot
>he's in two scenes for no more than 2-3 minutes

That animation is too fluent and I fucking hate it. Fuck off movie.

I liked it up until the concert scene. That and everything after was shitty. Especially the ending.

You're an idiot.

no u

I'm doxxing you senpai

k

>*fart sound*
>Kristen Wiig: "Oh that's disgusting"
>Kate McKinnon: "Would it be more or less disgusting if i told you that it came from the front?"

Bravo Female Comedians

yeaa, this was so pointless

not really her fault per sé, but her character was such a stereotypical LOLSORANDOM weirdo, all her scenes were very cringey

6.5/10. Not worth the controversy. Not worth a sequel either.

The part where they literally kill the ghostbusters logo in the end and everyone involved in the movie was like "Yeah, okay"

It felt like they did reshoots after the concert scene because the last act feels totally out of place.

Mike Hat

>fart from the front
Can they really do that?

2015 is hardly it's biggest fault.

indeed

youtube.com/watch?v=uYScsqagKuc

It was coherent with the way ghosts are fought, They literally only needed to catch the first ghost, The rest of the weapons were to destroy them!

This was kinda funny, nice physical comedy

Dont worry, weve got an actual Edgar Wright film coming this year.

thanks I dl'd it, will rvw later

wait, forget it, I'll just do something better with my time like jerk off for 2 hours

Just started watching it, only about 20 minutes in.
Got a couple of half smiles, but overall the comedy is falling pretty flat. Tends to drag gags on for too long, worried this will be a reoccurring thing.
Favorite thing so far is Holtzmann in the crop top/overalls combo because it's my fetish.

Only 2 hours, at least make an effort, 4 hours minimum.

>Tends to drag gags on for too long, worried this will be a reoccurring thing.
Just like all the Paul fig movies I've watched, it's like he's not even present when the scenes are shot, he's a terrible director, what I find strange is how they cut most of this shit in the editing room.

they don't cut*

Not gonna lie, i chuckled at this

>if it wasn't a politisized movie, it'd be up for a razzie.
>implying the movie had anything to do with politics besides redditors projections onto it
>implying the backlash didn't cause it to fail even by people who weren't spending hours circljerking about how bad it was going to be.
REDDIT

no he wasnt

>PIZZA'S

:(

That's fucking hot, I want to fuck Kristen Wiig in the ass, anyone else want to fuck her ass?

>tfw the movie was actually pretty funny

What have we done Cred Forums? WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?

Kate is a GODDESS OK? She's also a badass beyotch, she won the Emmy!

Not gonna give that shit a extra number in torrents.

Who looks at this and goes "Man, this should be in Ghostbusters!"

>stretching the hell out of a joke
every comedy in the '10s

>PIZZA'S

retard apostrophy

Not gonna lie though that animation was fucking eye candy, it looked so smooth. Especially when he phased into 3d, it was pretty fucking sick.

But totally out of place and did not fit into the movie.