Best movie ever made

>Best movie ever made

Prove me wrong, faggots.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit had toons, though.

Undoubtedly a great film, but there are many more better ones...

Here are some examples:
- There Will Be Blood
- Three Colours: White
- The Elephant Man
- Breaking The Waves
- Ashes and Diamonds
- Happiness

good list, but you forgot pulp fiction

made by a pedo

D R o P Ped

this, funnily enough it was originally written as a sequel to Chinatown

> Ashes and Diamonds

Patrician taste

The sequel was better and more patrician

Lawrence of Arabia

prove yourself right first

what a weird fucking list. White, the worst color? Elephant man, one of the worst "lynch"? Happiness is great but not better than Chinatown, the ones i didn't mention are tho

I cannot unlearn that this was directed by John Huston just cause he's in it. It's like an ant in my brain.

Back to the Future exists.

>Happiness
No one has even heard about this movie outside of Cred Forums.

Eh, its good but
>Dont worry Jack, its "Chinatown"

had to shut it off after that, come on

>She's my sister and my daughter

What did she mean by this?

Quads of truth

White and Red are by far the best colours out of the trilogy, Blue (although great) is the weakest one out of the three. You must be truly idiotic though if you think 'The Elephant Man' is "one of the worst" from Lynch.

Thanks man, it's a film that makes me feel proud to be Polish. Also forgot to add these to the list:
- Paths of Glory
- The White Ribbon
- Moonrise Kingdom
- Grave of the Fireflies
- The King of Comedy
- Lost Highway

These (and the previous list I posted) are pretty much all of my favourite films, Chinatown would come after.

Red>blue>>white. White is rightfully considered the worst, and the elephant man is a by the numbers directing job that lynch did so he could gain some cash and favour for his auteur projects. It's well crafted but ultimately pointless and souless, what makes you think it's one of his best? I think even The straight story is better

Even Dune is better than Elephant Man.

Its emotional impact, cinematography and pretty much everything it provides is crafted masterfully - just because it doesn't necessarily reflect his "style" (although I believe it has clear hints of it) doesn't mean it's bad or "one of his worst".

At least back up your opinion on 'White' - just because it's considered the worst by the majority of people who like the trilogy doesn't mean it's true, you're basically saying "others say it's the worst and therefore it is". Stop acting like a child and at least back up your points with valid arguments.

its just chinatown

It sucks. There are no Chinese characters in it. Misleading title, 1/10

>Its emotional impact
It's almost manipulative, the dude's deformed and his life is shit, then a good guy comes and helps him. It's a pointless movie that only exist for the sole purpose of making us feel bad about him without offering any further insight, it's basically ocar-bait designed to pull the audience's heart strings, failing in my particular case

>At least back up your opinion on 'White'
You first, how in the hell is it better than Red or Blue? Your opinion is the contrarian one so i'm curious now

Alright, just like Ebert, you clearly missed the point of the entire film (or you're one of those people that admires even his shit reviews and basically steals his opinion). Either way, as much as I hate saying this because it looks silly when BvS fans say it, but, you just didn't get it.

>"you first"
HAHAHAHA alright bud, looks like you're one of those people. By the way, I didn't even know my view on this trilogy was "contrarian" until you informed me about it - I never knew people considered 'White' to be the weakest out of the trilogy.

what does ebert have to do with it? i din't read his review

>you just didn't get it.
what didn't i get? Can't explain it?

>White and Red are by far the best colours out of the trilogy, Blue (although great) is the weakest one out of the three
You said this first, so i wa just wondering what makes you say that. I'll take it from there

here

nevermind i gotta go

Yes, very misleading

>Main character worked in Chinatown
>Quit his job because bad things happened in Chinatown
>The whole plot takes a twist in Chinatown
>Another main character dies in Chinatown

It's my second all-time favorite.

>best movie ever made
>not Conan the Barbarian

bunch of fucking shape-shifting reptillians ITT

Well if you come back or if you bookmarked this, I'll elaborate a little more.

'The Elephant Man', despite being immensely emotionally powerful, is a commentary on both the beautiful and the ugly side of humanity - it delves into theme of shallow preconception in a unique and wholehearted approach. I'd elaborate more but I don't see the point in giving a lecture on a film I absolutely love to a person that doesn't even appreciate it.

As for White and Red, they were far more memorable, impactful and perhaps even more carefully crafted than Blue. Don't get me wrong, Blue is great, it's also in the list of my favourite films, but White and Red outweigh it in every aspect. I thought the trilogy got considerably better as it went along.