ITT Guilty pleasures

ITT Guilty pleasures

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But that's a legitimately good movie.

Lars has like six movies better than this.

So?

No it's not. Lars Von Trier is a good director though and he's made great movies like Breaking The Waves, Europia, and Antichrist but this movie is so messy and bloated it's funny.

It's also the definition of pretentious. Like I don't use that word to belittle art usually but it really fits into the actual definition.

Best movie of von Trier is ___Dogville____

dumb tripfag

correct

How is this a "guilty" pleasure?

Fucking kids... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The father raped the daughter IRL.

It's a movie, I usually only watch kino and cinemá.

he was just method acting

I loved it, to be completely honest.

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0

that has nothing to do with the movie except that being a psycho comes natural for kinski

Not even joking. The women in this show are fantastic.

I've only seen Part 1 (Directors Cut).

It was well filmed and everything, but frankly it just made me feel uncomfortable a lot of the time, like I just don't find sex an interesting enough topic to invest 5 hours of my time into...the cliffhanger being she lost the ability to have orgasms just didn't seem like a big enough deal to me.

I kept wanting the sex scenes to end as soon as possible every time they were on as they just made me feel awkward, and the most interesting stuff I found was the story with her Dad, which was pretty much unrelated to sex. The metaphors and 'deep' comparisons felt a little forced as well, but I suppose that was sort of the point of Stellans character.

Loved Antichrist and Melancholia btw. Will definitely watch more of Lars's stuff.

are you greek?

Polish actually. And I love that fucking show.

Breath deeply of these herbs

>Natalie Portman

but why...

eerything after the Uma Thurman scene is not worth watching

Do you see the cast? Do you notice something in common?

I mean, only Hershlagfu and Franco are Jewish.

they're all jews

I couldn't finish that it was so bad. They made a (very) cheap knock-off of it with Summer Glau and Tyrion that was even worst though.

I have Part 1 poster hanging on my room door.
Not really ashamed.

>Europia

mein fám

It's just an all round comfy film

Deschanel isn't

She converted

I know because I dropped her. Not because of becoming jewish, but for doing it for the wrong reasons.

What were the reasons?

no

She converted because of her husband

I watch most movies once. The ones I like I watch a couple more times maybe. I've seen this at least 40 times. I enjoy it 100x more than The Matrix.

Its one of my favourite movies.

Mean girls
Iknow i know, teenage girls: the movie.
But i can't help it. It's like a sweet and unhealthy candy.

I'm don't really believe in guilty pleasures. I just think it's some bullshit people say when they think a film or something else is "below them". Either you enjoyed something or you didn't. Guilt means you care too much about other people's opinion.

Having said that, >pic related is the only guilty pleasure I have, because I am genuinely ashamed of myself for liking it as much as I do. It is the only movie that has actually offended me on a moral level, and I've seen it like 6 times

I feel you

> an actual masterpiece

I rarely rewatch movies, but I've seen this 3 times.

this is a good movie, though
clueless is even better

It's Bay's only kino, nothing to be ashamed about