/who/ - Doctor Who General

Troughton edition

last incarnation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IvXg_-Mxzvc
mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-series-10-peter-capaldi-to-depart-in-battle-with-returning-slitheen-7245477
dailymotion.com/video/x16odp0_devious-a-doctor-who-fan-film_shortfilms
digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a809044/the-doctor-sylvester-mccoy-hint-hes-finished-work-on-netflix-series-sense8/
denofgeek.com/uk/tv/sherlock/34751/sherlock-series-4-first-2-episode-titles-revealed
archive.is/7eSsd
youtube.com/watch?v=3dfuDTfXZh0
youtube.com/watch?v=uVJLFfRYOj0
twitter.com/Pearlie_mack/status/780128799627350016
twitter.com/Pearlie_mack/status/780129038232875009
bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32202633
youtu.be/f6DdbgaGf_4
youtube.com/watch?v=lH4eHj3XLs4
rottentomatoes.com/m/a_monster_calls/
metacritic.com/movie/a-monster-calls
twitter.com/AdamOrford1/status/779703218079162369
youtube.com/watch?v=uqFAmUTK27w
youtube.com/watch?v=tr22UsxK0MM
youtu.be/Vg1gTas7OAA
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars
youtube.com/watch?v=fmIsdMWzdaE
youtube.com/watch?v=y51jlfQQoEg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Jim Mortimore's Siluria'ans will never feature in the show
why flux

doctorwho is dead. Long live whogeneral.

Don't you think Who looks tired?

CIA and Me CONFIRMED!

youtube.com/watch?v=IvXg_-Mxzvc

GOOOOOAAAATTTT

Watching asylum and of the Daleks. Enjoying it a lot more this time around, though I think one of the major problems with Dalek stories now is that they introduce a good new concept (parliament of the daleks and that daleks see beauty in hatred) and then don't really expand much onto that idea at all.
a more low key dalek story would be much better with out this need for a large new under developed idea

The 'parliament of the Daleks' is basically just a joke though. All they do is sit in a huge circle and agree with each other.

How hype are you for the hotly anticipated Class /who/?

Cautiously optimistic

Finally, a democracy that works.

I see absolutely no reason to be excited, but am not discouraged either.

Honestly love Asylum, apart from the agreeably forced "Rory and Amy divorce' stuff I think it's one of the best of of season 7. Especially love the "We have grown stronger in our fear of you" line. Matt Smith plays it so well.

There is no reason to think it won't be a competent piece of adolescent media.
/who/'s circlejerks over how bad it will be are based on pretty much nothing or wilful misinterpretation.

I'm really enjoying the whole section just for survivors of the doctor in the aslyum. That's a cold idea. I think it's easily the 2nd or 3rd best dalek new who stories

pff

I'm just happy there's some new stuff to watch before Christmas!

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-series-10-peter-capaldi-to-depart-in-battle-with-returning-slitheen-7245477

Poochy vs the Fart Monsters is absolutely the kind of elevation in script quality that the show needs right now to get adults around the world watching again.

i knew it was fake but i tried the link anyway

what is wrong with me

Hey /who/ have you tried that new pizza place down Minto Road?

Whats it sell?

Pizza.

If not for RTD's terrible sense of humour Slitheen would actually be good.

A crap version of the Ferengi with a terrible design?

Agreed - and not meming here - I'd like to see them back. They could actually be quite scary if they downplayed the 'comedy'.

>They could actually be quite scary
How would this play out? What do you think is scary about them?

I don't know much about Ferengi, but probably.

I don't know why but people rarely point out that the Slitheen are also a ripoff of the Foamasi.
Space mafia family with compressed bodies inside a human skinsuit.

>doctor who needs to be scary to be good
when will this meme end

They don't need to to be scary. But the premise behind it is workable. It's been noted that Rusty's villains are petty assholes scaled up and Slitheen is no exception. A bunch of space assholes that ruin things for petty profit would be a nice addition to a rogue gallery that otherwise is filled with epic grimdark.

Their babyish faces are quite disturbing and fall into the uncanny valley. They'd obviously need to update the costumes, but they have a lot of potential as monsters.

>A bunch of space assholes that ruin things for petty profit would be a nice addition to a rogue gallery that otherwise is filled with epic grimdark.
WHAT?

>but they have a lot of potential as monsters
Please explain the potential.

Yeah but Rusty is a megagenius and his version are all big fat sweaty human blobs who fart all the time.
It's BAFTA winning shit.

I'm still puzzled at what is wrong with Rusty's taste.

Other writers' episodes might have ugly-ass effects because good effects aren't cheap, but it's Rusty who produces ugly shit on purpose.

Lucifer Rising: really good.
The characterization of the Doctor is top notch. He's just the right mix of funny and dark: always hard to read, using comedic antics to distract his opponents but getting really serious when the situation calls for it. Ace is also well handled, especially when it comes to the emotional consequences of Love & War (which Deceit barely touched upon). The final confrontation with the villain, where the Doctor and Ace get to solve their issues, is excellent. Benny isn't in the spotlight as much, but she never gets sidelined either.
The plot is great: it starts out as a murder mystery, but the situation gradually grows more complex throughout the story, and for the whole second half the tension never relaxes. Although there's a big supporting cast, all the characters are well fleshed out and sympathetic (I especially liked Bishop and Engado).
The setting makes use of some interesting sci-fi concepts, and you get the idea that the authors have a good grasp of science and really thought things through (the zero-G action scenes are especially nice).
The one thing that could have been improved substantially is the beginning: while there are a couple of flashbacks at the start to show the Doctor's arrival and introduce you to some of the characters, the real story opens when the Doctor, Ace and Benny are already immersed in the life of the base, and the event that initiated everything is already in the past. The timeline of events before that point isn't always clear, and initially I also got a bit confused about who some of the characters exactly were. While it's not that hard to figure those things out for yourself, I think a more traditional start would have benefitted the book.
On the whole though, this one's really impressive. 8/10

Next time: Doctor Who vs Cthulhu

What is the point of this post?

What is the point of this thread?

What is the meaning of life?

He likes to immediately metaphorically piss on a new thread when it starts with some of his memes and bait.

It is a message, true /who/res can work out what it means.

Cow tools.

I keep meaning to read this, glad to hear it's a good 'un. You might be a bit disappointed in White Darkness though, it doesn't necessarily live up that "Doctor Who vs Cthulhu" remit.

Did anyone ever see the minisode "Devious", where they showed the complete regeneration from Troughton to Pertwee using someone who's a cross between thw two of them?

>it doesn't necessarily live up that "Doctor Who vs Cthulhu" remit.
does it even feature Cthulu? if I remember correctly it was mostly about zombies and historical-real-life-voodoo.

No.

dailymotion.com/video/x16odp0_devious-a-doctor-who-fan-film_shortfilms

Heard of it but never watched it. Even the presence of Pertwee can persuade be to watch a fan film tbqh.

*Not even the presence of Pertwee

digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a809044/the-doctor-sylvester-mccoy-hint-hes-finished-work-on-netflix-series-sense8/

I'm pretty sure Joe Stracz is a classic Who fan.

Not realy, iirc the Doctor feels his presence at one point but nothing actually happens apart from undead.

You can see a bit of classic who in many B5 eps and especially the British guest stars.

Doctor, I'm CIA

Lying two-timer slut or lying two-timer abusive slut? Difficult choice.

After rewatching some series 9 episodes I have come to the conclusion that I want to spend the rest of my life with Jenna Coleman.

Ironically it's one of the few sf things Michael Sheard didn't appear in. Skagra is in it though.

Oh God, I remember JMS saying he was interested in writing Doctor Who if the '96 movie was a success.

Yup. I think he'd have a few good dr who stories in him. Maybe not today but back then.

That guy is not only prolific but he can write a fucking mindblowing arc that works.

So Moff and Gatiss are replacing Napoleon with Maggie Thatcher

denofgeek.com/uk/tv/sherlock/34751/sherlock-series-4-first-2-episode-titles-revealed

yeah even when the fucking studio screwed up his 5 year plan

Pond made her own sonic probe
Clara wanted to destroy the Earth so a moon baby could be born

The Technomages could be a great dr who villain or recurring sect.

Pond made The Doctor.

>Hotly anticipated

I'm sure it will be good. Patrick Ness has written it after all, and the cast is excellent in consideration of other TV shows many of them have appeared in.

But nevertheless the promotion has been poor. More hype could've been generated by noting PNess's multiple writing awards. The intended target audience needed to be clearly identified, and the links to the main show have been described vaguely at best.

>multiple writing awards
this again .

>Ness won the annual Carnegie Medal from the British librarians both in 2011 and in 2012
>The Knife of Never Letting Go won numerous awards including the Booktrust Teenage Prize, the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize,[8] and the 2008 Tiptree Award
>The Ask and the Answer won the 2009 Costa Book Award in the children's book category.

Does /who/ has a good link to watch classic who online ?

Netflix.

*does /who/ have

archive.is/7eSsd

gr8 b8

>archive.is/7eSsd
That seems awesome !
Thanks /who/.

I might be asking a bit too much, but does /who/ also happen to have a good link to download classic who ?

Most plebs fans seem to want Capt Jack back/ a Paternoster spin-off/ a Clara and Me spin-off/ or more eps per year of the main show.

Personally, I'm kinda looking forward to something new and unseen before.

>Personally, I'm kinda looking forward to something new and unseen before
You're fucked then. This is Buffy the Vampire Slayer but set in London and the Hellmouth is a Time Crack.

With a dose of Skins, Being Human and Twilight, probably.

Yup. This.

But when you add all of that together, it becomes something new.

Piss off.

it becomes A HYBRID OOOOOOOOOOOOOH

This forced negativity meme is getting stale

vk dot com slash page-5742320_26939298

It's not forced you cunt.

>not forced negativity
>cunt

It does? Right I am handing my Ghostbusters vs Aliens totally original concept in to every studio stat!

youtube.com/watch?v=3dfuDTfXZh0
love, /bleep/

No, but a concept of a group of ghost-hunters, who get called upon to deal with a regular haunted house, and end up having to survive an invasion against parasitic aliens who manifest in their hosts as ghosts urging their hosts to do murderous actions, could be interesting.

What has this shit got to do with Dr Who?

Wrong tab?

Cunt is a term of endearment you pillock.

Do you dress up as this character like you do when you are Belle?

get ur ears checked

new dr who theme tune confirmed youtube.com/watch?v=uVJLFfRYOj0

Best Clara episode?

If you refer to the background noises which sound almost nothing like the TARDIS then my question still stands.
Literally a few swoops in the background.

Listen.

Fails to exist

You have a very limited set of topics 'user'. It's a bit of a giveaway.

Girl Who Died

wew lad, she might get fired for this tweet

I don't think so tim, that's tame by her standards.

Nah. Cloister is the femanon with teenage kids, or the older Pertwee fan.

>confirmed thanks

You actually came up with a Cloister conspiracy theory more random and baseless than mongo's. I'm impressed.

Who are you quoting?

Oh he is both of those, too, that's a fact.

heaven sent

>random and baseless
>the opposite of reality

>looking at her twitter feed now

Maybe this is why Gareth's angry

Deep Breath, because she eventually became a character instead la fille impossible.

I was going to answer The Woman Who Lived, she wasn't in it either.

Anyone feel that Clara was weirdly sidelined in series 9? Lots of time she filled roles fit for extras, while Doctor spent time with some other skank.

twitter.com/Pearlie_mack/status/780129038232875009

Do you think they'll ask her to delete this or will they just ERASE HER FROM DOCTOR WHO?

>mongo's back
>he hasn't died yet

Didn't seem any less than other NuWho companions imo. Just way less than she got in S8.

Pathogenesis of the Daleks

I don't see anything out of order here, white guys covering black music is often cringey as hell.

ERASED FROM DOCTOR WHO

No, I mean how often she seem to be separated from the Doctor's plot instead of hanging around him and asking what the fuck is going on, while Doctor aquiring a plucky young female.

Clara and the Doc seem to be seperated a lot more than you'd expect in S9. Possibly because the series had been devised without Clara originally, before Coleman decided to stay / Moffat swayed her to stay (remember Moffat said he wrote Last Christmas not knowing whether or not Coleman was leaving), so when she decided to stay, S9 had to be hastily re-worked to fit her back in.

Whithouse said he knew Clara was the companion when he wrote his script.

Imagine if the roles were reversed. Disgraceful that this is seen as acceptable but it's not the other way around

shut up Gareth

Gas they goyim.

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32202633

except 2016, obviously ;)

Sore point on /who/ at the moment.

What about Pearl Mackie? Only catch is you can't be white

>we're getting from two to three seasons of Chibnall

Best opening theme

youtu.be/f6DdbgaGf_4

She's ooogleh!

Three is a good number. One to transition, and two for Chibnall to deliver his version of the show. Then maybe a special or two, and out so as not to become stale. The show needs refreshing every 3 or 4 years. Moff has stayed way too long.

one is too many for chibnall

The /who/ bashing of Chibnall is so boring.

Fuck off Chris

As is this.

/who/ needs some new jokes, memes and responses.

Well it's going to be terrible. Might as well prepare yourself now.

I believe many Sherlock fans are theorising that the title of the 1st ep alludes to a popular British alcoholic beverage.

yawn.

>getting upset about Cred Forums

Not upset. Just wish people here would stop spouting the exact same shit 24/7. It's boring as fuck.

>Diverse plots rather than being a one-trick pony
>Being able to handle large casts
>Isn't known to have femdom fetish

It's going to be alright compared to Moffat.

Unlikely. That would be literally a product name in the title.

It's not meant for your entertainment.

Chibnall also isn't an egotistical wazzock, which'll make a refreshing change.

>Diverse plots rather than being a one-trick pony
hahahaha okay chris

>spouting the exact same shit 24/7
that is because those meme posters have severe autism

why aren't any of you 30 year old virgins watching Victoria on ITV

The idea that Moffat is egotistical comes from people getting upset when he dares to hype up his own show ie do his job. He is actually a humble man who doesn't even defend his own works.

The Six Napoleons could allude to a popular brand of brandy.

Yet another sore, tired /who/ post. It seems originality is difficult to find in this modern /who/ era.

But it doesn't.

>Yet another sore, tired /who/ post.
Like yours :)

Recording it. Not that I'm 30 years old, or a virgin.

Napoleon isn't a brand.

Fair enough. Then The Six Thatchers doesn't allude to a popular brand of cider.

youtube.com/watch?v=lH4eHj3XLs4

Holy shit 1:20

all my keks

Which exactly what I said.

Napoleon is not a brand, kid.

Okay Sherlock.

I hate period dramas.

This is why I shun all the women (Ba-dum-tss)

He's quite a dick at times, as various people close to him have either hinted or said outright. (And I don't mean Gareth, shock horror)

So Ness didn't create Class and the BBC approached him to do it?
This confirms our suspicions that Gareth was originally going to do it but got rejected

>He's quite a dick at times
When?

They approached him to write Doctor Who then proposed Class when he said no. It's possible they had it as their backup plan. Patrick Ness is a highly popular young adult writer who it makes sense to approach with a young adult miniseries, Gareth Roberts isn't.

The story I've heard is that Ness was approached to write a Doctor Who story. He then pitched, and the BBC decided he'd be great to take on a spin-off which some people at the BBC had wanted for a while. So instead of a DW episode, Ness got the Class gig.

Probably pissing Roberts off in the process.

>our suspicions
It was actually confirmed by an insider on Gallifrey Base.

The dad joke is strong with this one.

It still baffles me, however, that Ness has never written for TV or film before this year and they still approached him. It'll be interesting to see if he can actually write (good) scripts.

No it wasn't you bumpkin.

It was confirmed that Gareth pissed off Capaldi though.

Confirmed!

By an INSIDER.

On Gallifrey Base.

Wow, totally 100% accurate then.

It's not that baffling considering we are talking about a BBC Three miniseries, where else to try something like that out? They probably figured they could iron out any kinks with experienced Doctor Who people executive producing.

This. Based Capaldi erased the fuck out of Gareth.

Does anyone still have that screencapped post?

> where else?
My issue was not about it being on BBC3. My point was that not all novellists make for great TV writers, and Ness is practically as inexperienced as you can get.

How did he piss of Capaldi?

Is there any reason to think "Jason_M" is an actual insider, though?

His new movie is getting good reviews.

rottentomatoes.com/m/a_monster_calls/

metacritic.com/movie/a-monster-calls

>tfw haven't touched myself for 2 weeks

Class with Ness was confirmed October last year, well before this film came out for us/critics to review his ability to write a script. But point taken, clearly he's able.

Here's a Billpic to get you going. Thank me later.

I know that was your point. I'm saying that a BBC Three miniseries can afford that risk (in fact, that's practically the point of BBC Three) which makes it not a baffling decision.

Thanks but I'm gay?

I will never touch myself ever again.

>I'm gay?
I understand the confusion. As it happens, Bill is actually a girl that just looks like a man! ha ha ha
So it's ok to touch yourself whilst thinking of her.

Don't be like that.

>I don't want tuggo

How about now?

Because Jenna Coleman can't act, user. Because Jenna Coleman can't act. Imagine it said in this guy's voice.

Oh sheeet, is that him looking at Chibnall? Golden.

Chibnall isn't the first fan showrunner, but he's the first fan showrunner we have professional quality footage of being a social inadequate.

She's a bit of alright!

>a social inadequate

Now very rich.

Also, it's scary to think that someone from /who/ could be the showrunner in 20 years...if it's still airing

So he got it wrong right? 12 didn't get that face to remind him he's the Doctor and he has to save people.

twitter.com/AdamOrford1/status/779703218079162369

kek

who got what wrong?

The fact it might not have been good advice is neither here nor there. The only person he'd met with that face was Caecilius, who he went against his personal rules to rescue.

>Also, it's scary to think that someone from /who/ could be the showrunner in 20 years...if it's still airing
It's more likely than you believe. Consider the kind of discussions the likes of Chibnall and Cornell were having 30 years ago.

>you can let go now, Adam

The Doctor. He thought he got his new face to remind him to save people but that was clearly a mistake so that wasn't why he got that face.

I dunno. That's why I'm asking.

>that was clearly a mistake so that wasn't why he got that face.
The fact it might not have been good advice is neither here nor there. The only person he'd met with that face was Caecilius, who he went against his personal rules to rescue.

HMMMM. Why isn't Adelaide Brook the 12th Doctor.

You sound like a broken record, kiddo.

Almost as long as Heaven Sent, and twice as good.

youtube.com/watch?v=uqFAmUTK27w

Alright. Anyone else giving me stuff for the anthology? What about that person who was writing a female Doctor fic?

Test

What's the progress on "Trash Talks"? No rush, just want to know.

And where's Dr. Pipper?

youtube.com/watch?v=tr22UsxK0MM yes.

Fucking posting broken god damn

Test

I will finish it by tomorrow. I'm officially promising now so I force myself to not procrastinate it any more.

Sounds great. Thanks.

The unfinished female Doctor story? Is that user around?

How about the River/Me/Clara story? The married user's story?

Why?

Colin likes animals.

Why not?

This will be the cover of the anthology. Thank you, everyone who made a cover, and I may make variants later.

She's working on the 8 Vs Sad McGann one during down times.

Thank you.

Also, I'm watching Return of the Jedi

>not capitalising Trips

Yeah, that user should have fixed that. But it works, weirdly enough.

Here's another variant.

Gross.

What happened to Marcello? Was he murdered?

we need a hero like him right now

He wasn't responsible for the leak.

Reminder that books

Your unfortunate starwars affliction has infected poor immigrant. I

Well, they pointed out the fact that I hadn't seen the original trilogy, which I have fixed.

What's wrong with glowy swords?

Nothing, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ;)

If you think it's about glowy swords you really should see more than the prequels tbqh

I'm going to be Showrunner one day fyi

Doctor Who wouldn't have survived without Star Wars.
And both were kept afloat by fanfiction in the 90's.

>Doctor Who wouldn't have survived without Star Wars.

What is it with nerds and not accepting that someone can make a light-hearted quip about their shit without needing to be corrected?

Nice memes, mind if I share them with Reddit?

I've seen them all. It's pretty unavoidable. It's great for kids selling popcorn and merchandise, a massive franchise obviously. The last one wasnt too bad I suppose and Natalie Portman in a tight ripped white body suit might have made sitting through those prequels worth it.
I'm just not really a fan tbqh senpaitachi. The dialog makes me want to self harm.

Reading your posts is weird now that I know you're an old an.

Star Wars was the turning point. It made sci-fi cool for a wider audience.

That's what KOTOR is for. Gives us characters with cool and poetic-sounding dialogue like HK-47 and Kreia. youtu.be/Vg1gTas7OAA

But it didn't make Doctor Who cool. Doctor Who didn't become cool again until 2005.

Well reading your posts is weird being an old man.
>A robot using suggestive selling techniques
This makes me want to harm myself and the robot. I don't know if I can handle 10 minutes of this.

>He's only infosorbed the movies

KOTOR is just trashy Legends stuff anyway, untouched by the golden hand of Based Filoni

>infosorb

>Delving into the quasi-sanctioned fanfic of a franchise that's barely tolerable.
I'm not a masochist.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Pic related.

>quasi-sanctioned fanfic
No see that's Legends stuff

>tfw just noticing my glass of water has a bunch of dead ants but drinking it anyway because fuck it, ingesting a few ants never killed anyone
So anyway, what's /who/ with you? I'm marathonning Sarah Jane Adventures until I fall asleep.

Oh I was under the impression that disney threw the entirety of the EU under the bus when they bought it from lucas.

I'm pretty sure it has actually, but you likely don't live around those species of ant

They did, but have been slowly salvaging ideas from the EU (like Han and Leia's son being evil).

No they just made them their own Legends category so the nerds who liked stuff like Luuuke can still have their stories without interfering with New Canon Masterrace

>drinking antwater

Just...just get a new glass. Fuck.

Sounds like nuWho and the Wilderness Years.

YOU'RE DRINKIN' ANT-WATUHHH!!!

Nah, man. It's extra protein. If you're lucky, you'll gain proportionate strength.

I'm marathoning The Pirate Planet and Shada. Might try a little bit of Trial of a Time Lord afterwards

Can't be great for you, seeing as how they've likely had something nasty or rotten on their little feet or mandibles.
Nerds. I can understand the appeal. The deep lore and all that. I had a friend that would go on and on about the various i guess fighting styles of jedi. Had a fanfic idea about a color variable light saber for what purpose I can't remember.

What version of Shada?

Tom Baker interludes.
I like to think he's the Curator in those scenes

I think he's the Drunken Bellend in those scenes.

Ahh, good move. Narration = That's Gareth novel > McGann remake > Ian Levine's animated version that he won't let anyone watch

stop talkin about fucken star wars in muh /who/

Is Davros's ability to shoot lightning just a ripoff of the Emperor?

>not realizing Vader mentioned a mind probe in A New Hope

>not realizing that SW and Doctor Who are in the same universe

Immigrant stop

Yeah, probably. His ribcage bullshit is a ripoff of Freddy Kreuger.

According to one book, Jar Jar and the Gungans exist in Doctor Who. tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars

No not the mind

Probe

What's wrong with me having a bit of fun?

No. Not the mind *probe*.

No!

It's OT. I don't mind if you don't mind me talking about the East Side Kids.

kek

>We are entombed, but we live on. This is only the beginning. We will prepare. We will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the GENESIS OF THE DALEKS!

Really, Nation?

Le Who invented the word probe xD

You say that, but I actually found a East Side Kids/Doctor Who crossover fic one day.

But okay. What's /who/ with you?

God dammit.
Not every face Capaldi makes is creepy.

Oh, nothing, I just wandered onto the thread.

It's the hoodie.

>hey fellow kids, wanna step into my phonebox?

I named that file years ago. I've seen creepier Capaldi faces since.

Why is Eleven hanging out with Jason Mantzoukas? Are they talkin' 'tang?

Maybe.

I'd like for the Doctor to meet a philosophical figure. I know they will never do an episode with Jesus but I don't see why they couldn't have Socrates, Siddhartha Gautama, Marx, Confucius, etc. I pretty much just want to see him meet someone who's not a twat for once. If they have to make it so it's a British figure then Newton or Darwin would work.

they remind him of McCoy

DEMOCRRRACY MANIFEST!

>I pretty much just want to see him meet someone who's not a twat for once.
canonically every single character in Doctor Who is a twat. Except for Sgt. Benton, he's too pure for this world.

Look, I'm not racist. I love black girls. Nathalie Emmanuel was my top choice for companion. With that being said, how did we go from Jenna Coleman (one of the most beautiful girls ever) to Pearl Mackie, who looks like a horse with an afro?

>Look, I'm not racist

Thanks so much.

>the same mong is making the threads and is still too retarded to link them properly

Imagine watching Series 10 in HD

Imagine this as the companion. After three seasons of Jenna my dick was already too sore, I don't know if I could take another one

I keep forgetting how much I love Four until I watch one of his stories.

>Prisoner of the Judoon
So in this one the Sarah Jane team help a member of the same police force responsible for most of their deaths in the alternate universe of Turn Left. Also Liz Sladen gets possessed by a nuSilurian-looking sonofabitch and honestly her bad guy performance was a bit too hammy. The Judoon don't make a lot of sense in this one either, they're willing to kill any humans who get in the way of their goal but show absurd respect for human traffic laws and other misdemeanors.

>The Mad Woman in the Attic
So in this one we find out that if Rani, at the age of something like 15, loses her current friends she will be doomed to spend her entire life alone and become a crazy old woman living in Sarah Jane's former attic in a series of scenes that are completely superfluous to the main plot, the serial's name notwithstanding. Actually, the ending of this one really got me, both the part where Eve gets to take her friends into space and where we see Rani's good end. And it had good Sarah Jane/Clyde banter in it and clips from Classic Who and K-9 came back, so it's basically a 10/10. I love how Mr. Smith obviously doesn't want K-9 around. He knows K-9 is better than him.

>The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith
Oh shit, an episode with the Doctor in it. That's a nice treat, even though he didn't do that much. As with the last Trickster episode I'm a bit lost on the plot, but it seemed okay.

>The Eternity Trap
Some day they're going to run out of good ways to do ghost stories that aren't actually ghost stories, but it hadn't happened yet. Pretty good story. Although they can fuck off with the "yep ghosts totally aren't real OR ARE THEY?" bit at the end, shit's cliche af.

I usually have a high tolerance for kiddy shit, but I could barely make it through the first episode of SJA. I have a terrible feeling it'll just be the worst parts of the RTD era, but for wayyy not my demographic.
Is it actually worth the time?

I think it does. RTD never wrote for it again and they had a lot of fun stuff going on.

While clearly built around themes that are more relatable for children it's not overly tame or patronising.

>>The Mad Woman in the Attic
>So in this one we find out that if Rani, at the age of something like 15, loses her current friends she will be doomed to spend her entire life alone and become a crazy old woman living in Sarah Jane's former attic in a series of scenes that are completely superfluous to the main plot, the serial's name notwithstanding. Actually, the ending of this one really got me, both the part where Eve gets to take her friends into space and where we see Rani's good end. And it had good Sarah Jane/Clyde banter in it and clips from Classic Who and K-9 came back, so it's basically a 10/10. I love how Mr. Smith obviously doesn't want K-9 around. He knows K-9 is better than him.
I hate how pointless framing device was. I like dark shit, but I don't like the kind of dark shit that amounts for nothing and is just pointlessly cruel.

I'm surprised they've never tried to bring Shada back up again. It's way too good a concept to just let sit.
Hopefully Gallifrey being back gives it a chance.

For the sake of completion then... I guess I'll pick a weekend to plow through it.

It's mostly not as bad as the first episode, I'd say it's worth watching. Usually not amazing but it has a comfy feel and lots of good episodes by That's Gareth.

It'll never catch on.

Disguising by wearing human skins isn't scary enough?

What are you listening to /who/?
youtube.com/watch?v=fmIsdMWzdaE

youtube.com/watch?v=y51jlfQQoEg

My frustrated half-screams and tinnitus.

p groovy m8

Sorry to hear that, user.

The Fifth Doctor once met Newton, and he was a twat.
Darwin was pretty cool though.

RTD wrote the 11th Doctor/Jo Grant crossover story where he had The Doctor say he could regenerate 507 times

I choose to not remember it.

new

Early fucker

at least he knows how to link properly

wasn't levine their continuity advisor back then? how come he didn't catch that whole thing?
Although i'm glad he didn't interfere there, I love that crazy non-fitting part of lore.