ITT: Dark, trippy movies

ITT: Dark, trippy movies.

I wish these kind of films, like this or Jacob's Ladder or Altered States were a subgenre with a bigger production.

dark city

+1

snowpiercer

The Serpent and the Rainbow

bump

Naked Lunch
Existenz

moth man?

Eraser Head

Tetsuo
Enter the Void
Apocalypse Now
Even Dwarfs started small
A scanner darkly
Videodrome
Satantango
Lost Highway

just top of head...

Lisa Bonet was great in that movie.

>snowpiercer
>trippy

All good shit

That's an excellent poster

unfortunately it's a shit movie

had to be a god isn't really conventionally trippy but it is dark and feels like something out of a fever dream.

12 monkeys

Enter the Void

Sauna, it's not trippy in the WHOA DUDE sense but it definitely feels otherworldly.

Great recomendation. I loved the atmosphere of that movie.

Is it actually worth the time? I mean doed it work as an actual mivie or is it just avantgarde/shocker shit

I really don't get why it's never brought up here. I always see people complaining that movies barely manage to create a scary atmosphere and rely on shock value or jamp scares.
This movie is exactly that,it looks great and it's even quite accessible as long as you don't mind foreign languages, which might actually be the problem.

It's interesting and visually stunning, but that's all. You could watch a Bela Tarr movie for a tonally similar, better experience or watch "On The Silver Globe" for an even weirder one. Still, some great parts.

le begotten

I really hope I never sink low enough to watch all of that but i guess that's a good thing going for it