It's a Suicide Squad is at 720$mil worldwide and about to pass BvS's domestic episode

>it's a Suicide Squad is at 720$mil worldwide and about to pass BvS's domestic episode
How?

*$731,733,343 mil WW
Didn't check.

It still needs at least a billion more just to break even.

same reason as deadpool

meme marketing

>How?

No other blockbusters to watch
Juggalos, ravers and gangsta wannabes

this.
also normies.

It's fun

The masses don't care about quality writing or directing as long as they have a good time

maybe it was actually a good movie

AIN'T

It wasn't

Which is why the only person still spamming threads about is actually OP

Its just that good OP.

I had a fun experience when I went with two friends. I really enjoyed the quips.

Skwad is actually at 732$ million worldwide at the moment (some countries haven't updated yet, though) and about 10$ million away from BvS's entire domestic gross.

JUST

who cares? it needs at least 2.3 billion to make a profit

I've seen it three times in the theaters now.

Every time you learn something new about it. You get the editing, the "thing" they were going for. You start appreciating it. It's supposed to feel like a coke dream. I like it.

It's a smart man's movie.

Dubs of truth.

kill yourself

Too bad it can't beat Guardian's worldwide from three years ago. So funny.

>It's supposed to feel like a coke dream
You've never done coke, Cred Forumseenie

It's going to pass GotG too, easy.

truth

its a heavily marketed comic book movie

even non-heavily marketed comic book movies make 500-600m

>No other blockbusters to watch
this is the main thing, it really doesn't have any serious competition

>it's a marvel btfo again by dc episode

Why the fuck do people watch capeshit

AVClub will never recover.

>It's a smart man's movie.

It's capeshit

I literally have no idea of why this movie makes people so fucking mad.

People love Joker and Harley.
Batman was also heavily advertised in the trailers.
Even though the movie was bad , the hot topic crowd loves these characters.

1) Brand loyalty is a thing

2) "Problematic content"

3) The combination of 1 and 2 should mean it doesn't get to be this successful, in their minds

source: my ass

Hot Topic audience

>It's a "pretend hot topic isn't still mainstream" post

All the best parts are in the trailer

>coke
>dream

but the trailer looks like shit

It's already passed Guardian's worldwide without counting China. Counting China, it's going to come within $30mil. GotG got $96mil from China.

literally angry children

Fav movie of the year. Everyone else should kill themselves.

The movie was standard mediocre capeshit fare. No worse than the forgettable Phase 1 Marvel movies (Thor, Hulk etc.)

The fact that for you this movie topped Green Room, The Witch, Neon Demon, Der Bunker and even Zootopia makes me really mad at you.

>how
they took all bvs complaints and did opposite
dark -> colorful
no pop music -> pop music
serious -> not serious

It's the "how dare you!" attitude that's funny to me.

What can I say? People love capeshit. Personally I love DC villains and always had a big thing for Harley. This movie hit a lot of things I like.

Skwad en route to reach $750mil WW minimum.

Have you ever considered going back?

>Has established characters people love, and there's lots of hype for seeing new iterations of Joker and Harley Quinn in particular.
>Novelty capeshit concept that isn't "the origin of how a quippy, smug, good looking asshole got superpowers and beat up a forgettable corporate villain".
>Intrigue of seeing lesser known characters and what they can do.
>Trailers are pretty well edited and don't give away much plot, so you're interested to see what happens.
>Kooky marketing designs suggest a Scott Pilgrim-esque irreverence, which is a welcome departure from BvS being so grimdark.
>Character designs such as enchantress, Killer Croc etc. look pretty neat.
>Cast seem to genuinely like each other and had a good time filming, which suggests the product is decent.
>Critics shit on it, but critics aren't a reliable indicator of financial success (look at Transformers)

Back to Cred Forums? Nah the gaming industry is finally pure shit. I'm here to stay Cred Forums and discuss capeshit.

people love the joker and harley quinn

the movie doesnt have to be good for people to buy tickets for it

So Suicide Squad joins the ranks of transformers as shit movies that still make money.
Don't know why that would please fans.
It just means more garbage is on the way.

>MFW something is sexist near me

>uses transformers as an example
>doesn't use the more obvious "all capeshit" example

what did he mean by this????

All capeshit is the same.

That said, it's gonna give me the Harley solo, so bring in the money.

>marvelshit
>LOL. We're a bunch of loveable jerks who save the world

>DCshit
>bunch of complex characters who go beyond quips and deal with problems seriously even if people die

Please elaborate how DC characters are complex

It's all relative, but perhaps the most obvious comparison would be BvS and Civil War.

Whilst ultimately badly executed, the motivations behind the title conflict in BvS were pretty interesting, and went to the core of what motivates two radically different vigilantes.

Most people focus on things like"DUDE MARTHA SO FUNI LMAO", but there's some really interesting stuff boiling in the background to the conflict, most noticeably in Batman's protective stance and that brilliant newscaster segment (which if you ignore things like Cavill tugging an icebreaker looking like he's dropping a fat shit, contains a pretty well written speech).

Civil War was similarly billed as this epic clash of ideologies, but by contrast, had two incredibly simplistic (and actually complimentary, if you think for more than two seconds) opinions over a stupid issue, and a bunch of other super-powered randoms getting involved in the fight because "wud b laff"

Also, I like how Snyder's Superman movies actually give some thought as to the implications of having an all-powerful alien show up on earth. It's a bit inelegantly handled, but a million times better than Marvel's "There would be absolutely no social or political impact in the US if a literal Norse God showed up they would just be like celebrities lol"

I'm not particularly a fan of BvS but I agree with you.

That's also why, after a while, all Marvel movies tend to blur together.

>capeshit
>smart

wew lad

So some farm boy that turns out to be an alien that spends the whole movie frowning and making a constipated face that later caused the deaths of thousands of people in the city all while being a huge douchebag is deep?
Destroys a military satellite. Threatens the military. Flies off and leaves millions of dollars in damage and wreckage on the ground for the military to clean up.
All while a stupid joke is said by that Soldier chick. "I think he's hot." Hilarious right?
Batman, another murder who thinks he's above the law.
His stupid backstory doesn't make any sense. The Kills criminals now because he's been doing this for a long time. So why is the Joker still alive if the Joker killed his partner? Pretty fucking stupid. If he kills criminals for petty shit and not kill the Joker for killing his partner that's pretty stupid.
Then after sending an email 2 Wonder Woman he still says that dumb joke" is she with you?" That again Falls flat.
Pretty deep stuff that they're guys

I haven't seen this before.

Dr. Quinzel is hot.

>interesting concept when you describe it to someone in one sentence
>interesting visual style in the trailers
>everyone wants to see someone try the joker after Ledger
>featuring Will Smith

it's a real mind bender OP

Those movies are all fucking awful and so is fucking swooscewide squad

You should go to bed, you've got school tomorrow.

Continued.

Wonder Woman do I even have to mention hero isn't very deep at all?
Lex Luthor, some laughable spoiled brats that has no motivation. Even though they spent three fourths of the movie trying to make it seem like he has motivation and a plan. When in fact it's not really clear why he hates Superman and wants to take them down. There was a bunch of stupid shit about religion and quoting the Bible and all this nonsense but still doesn't make any sense at all. It's just a spoiled brat that again thinks he's above the law and is jealous. Stupid shit all around.
Real deep.
Also what was his endgame after creating Doomsday. Did even think about what he was going to do afterwards?
And even though he had no plan after doomsday kill Superman. Lex is still trying to call more super powerful people to come to Earth to wreck it. Why? There is no indication why he would do this. What does he get out of it. Does any hate super-powered beings?
Everything gets more retarded the more you think about it.

I want to sexually harrass Jared Leto.

Do you think the Joker practiced posing with his hand tattoo in the mirror so that it would line up right?

Not once have you actually commented on any point relating to character. You're just textwalled a bunch of superficial visual stuff and painfully literal plot points.

Of course.

Passed GotG without China like three weeks in though

Probably because some people might've enjoyed it or were interested in seeing these characters. I know a lot of Hispanics went to see it for Diablo. Despite him being the stereotypical gangbanger I think it was the first time for them seeing one of their own in capeshit and actually having super powers.

People said it'd reach $730mil max, it already passed it. New goalpost is 750.

Dc should quit while they are ahead
The next bet could seriously fuck them over

Because it's genuinely a pretty okay film

Do you guys think we'll get an extended cut on home media?

I went to see it twice (once with GF, again on works night out) and it's kinda gotten me hyped for MORE of it. Has there been any kind of indication of an "ultimate" edition like BvS got?

>hype as high as Deadpool's
>Batman
>Joker
>Harley Queen
Are you retarded? If it were actually GOOD, it could easily break 1 bil.

>what is merchandising

WB has probably made quadruple the money back, if not more.

Cred Forums math always cracks me up

What's funny is, if you apply Cred Forums math to Marvel, a good portion of their films flopped.

Same reason as Deadpool.

People don't let moron reviews stop them from watching an actually decent movie.

>a smart man's movie

are you serious, faggot?

Suicide Squad was funny as fuck.

Can't believe criticism is in sexism when you've got stoic Asian bitch, drunk Aussie, and pyro cholo that look like caricatures, and killer croc sounds like a minstrel show and is motivated by getting BET in jail. Shit was top laff

Superman sucks

>Suicide Squad was funny as fuck

DELET THIS

Well it was better than Punisher in a Batsuit V Super2deep4youJesusmetaphorman: Dawn of piss jugs, for one thing

>Batman, another murder who thinks he's above the law.
>His stupid backstory doesn't make any sense. The Kills criminals now because he's been doing this for a long time. So why is the Joker still alive if the Joker killed his partner? Pretty fucking stupid. If he kills criminals for petty shit and not kill the Joker for killing his partner that's pretty stupid.

Finally someone who agrees with me

Not muh Batman

Lol stay mad, Marvelcuck, while Suicide Squad continues to make money and BTFO of your shit movies.

Why are DCucks too stupid to understand the concept of marketing costs?

>it's a let's spend 300 million in marketing episode

What the fuck is a coke dream? Have you ever been in the same room as cocaine?

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE TORRENT

What makes you think I'm a Marveldrone. I'm a disgruntled DC fan who's buttmad because DC can't make decent live action movies

I really like the look of Leto's Joker minus those ridiculous tattoos. It was so close to being the best the character has ever looked in a movie.

>Do you guys think we'll get an extended cut on home media?
Deleted scenes for sure.

>it's a marlelcucks make up numbers to cope with the pain in their anuses

Marketing costs for a movie released in august lol, this is getting sad friends

No.
It's not like BvS where you can just slot in a couple of deleted scenes, the entire edit and tone of the movie was tampered with, and releasing a version without the effects of studio interference would make WB look like complete fools.
A director's cut would most likely come across as an entirely different movie.

Apart from the fact that it was literally the funniest capeshit ever made, the joke alone would make that much.

>Marvelkeks LITERALLY on suicide watch

what do these people think women are ffs, potential customers?
they don't go to the movies
not freaking at all
they only go to the movies when their boyfriend drags them to it so they can give him a handjob and pretend to enjoy herself until blatantly spurting out ignorant statements about the movie
I have never seen a woman going to the movies by herself

>A director's cut would most likely come across as an entirely different movie.
I'd watch it.

Wow. Synder's only problem with Batman Begins: Bruce Wayne didn't get raped in prison.

>Marketing costs for a movie released in august lol

>marketing costs stop when a movie is released

do you think networks let them show commercials on tv for free?

bilboards?

ads on websites?

All capeshit is for 15 year old boys

you say that like it's a bad thing
wouldn't you sacrifice your left nut to be 15 aqain?

No because I was a retarded pleb that watched capeshit

9\10 troll

I had a dream Slipknot appears in the sequel to have a bigger role than the first movie.
Waller calls him out for being dead, but Slipknot denies that happened.

Make some shit up like that Slipknot in the movie was a decoy or Slipknots cousin or some shit and bring back Adam Beach.

>meme marketing

seriously?

jaret leto would be so much better as the joker without those tattos and giving him a more classical look

It's silly, fun accessible film designed for mass audiences. Verses' bvs deconstruction of iconic characters with insiders only cameos, themes and post 911 drama.

but he's DAMAGED

MEME-MARKETING

He's one hot Joker desu

For you.

Group of girls go see movies together.

Yes.

>domestic

why are americucks such plebs?

you know he spit that beer out because muh macros

SO WILD

>Mocks Marvel shit movies but likes another shit movie.
The success of this quipfest should worry you.

No his problem was the visual darkness wasn't backed up with any thematic darkness. Read a book.

Will Smith's marketing power. Literally every single movie hes in is a blockbuster.

You're underestimating the echelons.

this

bvs and suicide squad are two of the worst comic book movies to come out in years

Because of le kooky klown man

>it's a let's make a trashy movie to people to talk about and watch out of curiosity episode

if people actually did this word of mouth that it was actually bad would've prevented these impressive numbers you imbecile

What are Thor and Thor 2?

But deadpool got great reviews you dingus

>this year

>HAAHAHAH COUNTING BULLETS AHAHAH SO FUNNY

Yeah... no.

Maybe its because Im not 15 and have seen the whole Reynolds-stick before.

>in years

Learn reading comprehension, Marvelcuck.