It's a Jack becomes president episode

>it's a Jack becomes president episode

What did Cred Forums think of the pilot? Will Kekman make a good president?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MxxH0lZSYgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>president is dead, lets ask this random dude to be our next president!
American politics

Meanwhile if this happened in Europe they would be crying for American help while trying not to offend muslims.

24 has seriously gone downhill

All Kief parts are great, but I already hate the family.

This, you can already tell that half the show will be okay, and another half will be about his wife's son

I can't stand his wife, maybe because of Californication. She hasn't even done anything wrong yet. Hopefully he'll cuck her with the leggy assistant.

Did you even watch the episode?

He better put the glasses back on.

This, glasses Kief best Kief.

wtf I want a father now

They need to drop the shit tier long hair muh drug dealer son plot fucking stat.

This. They can replace his plotlines with the qt daughter

Am I the only one who thought this show is clearly pandering to pedos? Like, there's literally a shot of the daughter bending down on the bed.

>Kekman
What meme did I miss this time?

Gonna have to see the webm to make a decision

Fuck off sickos, this is a presidential thread.

Big Boss looks cute with glasses.

I just wanted to be able to make an informed judgement

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCKING COUSINS

>I can't stand his wife, maybe because of Californication.
>Only knows Natashca McElhone from Californication
Watch Ronin.
youtube.com/watch?v=MxxH0lZSYgU

>yfw the terrorists were white people in a government conspiracy

I think the showrunners have said it's not really about the terrorist attack, it's not like a terrorism show or something.

It'll probably be a white Illuminati group using Muslims as pawns.

I honestly don't know how they'll continue after they catch who's responsible for the explosion.

You can tell from the first episode it was the Army General sick of liberal shit and wanting a good old dust up with Iran at the behest of the illumanti.

The show isn't meant to be 24-like hyper action drama, it's meant to be a comfy show about some unlikely guy turning out to be president against all odds/

Europe is not one country (yet).

Aaron did it.

But how are they going to make this interesting without the terror angle? Kiefer being all "holy shit, I can't believe I'm president" and then being all presidential at the end of each episode? Because he's actually pretty good at being the president like we saw when he put the ambassador in his place.

What's the appeal of this show if it goes on for more than one season? House of Cards has the edginess and dirty politics, Veep is funny, The West Wing had Sorkin at his best, I just can't see what Designated Survivor has.

Honestly, I have no idea why this show is getting so much acclaim. Most reviews are pretty much "omg jack bauer as president

>But how are they going to make this interesting without the terror angle? Kiefer being all "holy shit, I can't believe I'm president" and then being all presidential at the end of each episode?
That was the plot of the pilot episode, and pilot episodes are meant to provide the plot engine for the rest of the series, so I'm guessing yes. I figure he's going to spend the rest of season 1 consolidating his power amongst all the doubters, then in season 2 and beyond he has to run for President for real or something.

>What's the appeal of this show if it goes on for more than one season? House of Cards has the edginess and dirty politics, Veep is funny, The West Wing had Sorkin at his best, I just can't see what Designated Survivor has.
Maybe nothing! But I think they're betting on people getting inspired by a competent fictional President as a contrast to our reality where our choices are sideshow clown and corrupt shrew.

It may not work but most new shows don't.

I think it's just the dynamic of being thrusted into the presidency and how he adapts to it. He is bound to fuck up a few times with his methods, because let's face it, words don't work 100% of the time. He got lucky with Iran because they don't know shit about him at that moment so the hard-hitting straight-shooting hard motherfucker act can work for only so long. You also have the news and general public reacting to shit. Right now, other than the possibility of more terrorism and the responsibilities of the presidency, the biggest source of conflict will be the general and the perceived uselessness of Kirkman as president what with him being fired earlier that day and all that. It seems it'll be interesting for like one and a half seasons at least.

Cute. I'm getting very strong kiernan vibes.

It looks like he's randomly chosen, but from among the government so obviously he has experience and would somewhat qualify. Tom was Secretary of Housing and Urban Development so obviously he's not as cut out for the job as many others.

>Tom was Secretary of Housing and Urban Development so obviously he's not as cut out for the job as many others.
What's funny is the current Secretary of HUD was on the shortlist for Hillary's VP. It's not *that* unimportant a position.

Honestly, I was expecting him to be absolutely useless but he seems to know quite a bit about diplomacy and realpolitik.

It kinda pissed me off that everyone disrespected him so much, like when he asked if they need to scan his fingerprint or retina for the nuclear football and everyone is like
>kek this is not a movie, you idiot

How the fuck was he supposed to know, he became president literally 5 minutes ago.

>What's the appeal of this show if it goes on for more than one season?

qt Jack in glasses.

Designated?

Just watched the pilot.
This show seems like your average below-average sitcom but Kief with glasses make everything better. I actually enjoyed it.

I don't get it, why is everyone so in love with his glasses

I wish a cable station took this idea. Network is going to make it boring most likely. Rarely does Network do anything good.

It's actually quite amazing how few dramas on network are worth watching at all. A few comedies are good, but the dramas are completely outclassed by cable/premium.

I think the whole "I don't like the politics of working in politics" thing he had was mostly about how he doesn't feel good about completely crushing people over fairly low stakes politics. But now that he is president, the stakes are literally as high as they can get and he instead worries about which strategy is best at getting shit done.

On the topic of people dissing him, I think it's more that they want him to seriously understand that he's not playing a game and he seriously needs to sharpen the fuck up real fucking fast or sniggers about fingerprint scans is going to be the least of his worries.

Affair with Italian assistant fucking when???

Well it could definitely work for miniseries but it looks like ABC is trying to make this their cash cow.

he probably already had one, or at least the press will think he did

His dumbass son is the new Kim.

She's gonna blow him to relieve stress under the table while he orders a drone strike on kebab.

>FBI agent
>working on Brussels and Paris

dropped

It only seems that way because our view of little girls has been corrupted by Cred Forums pedos constantly posting sexualized pictures of them

Something tells me he was like second-pick for Mr. Robot.

Kiefer as Mr. Robot would be fucking awesome.

Trying too hard

>the entire fucking government has been wiped out
>this is like 9/11 times 50
>nobody seems to be particularly upset
>muh warm banter with wife
>concerned dad eavesdropping on his kids

why? it's accurate

This was one of my biggest issues with the episode. It should've been terrifying and urgent, drop the fucking family focus.

Same.
>mfw the wife was smiling after the goddamn government was wiped out

Why wouldn't she be?
The president was gonna fuck him out of his job.
Now, they're all dead and her husband is the president.
That's fucking hilarious to me.

>you will never have a red pilled qt daughter

Wife confirmed for being behind the attack. She didn't want to movie out of DC, remember?

Does it have operating like Homeland?

Nope.

The only thing that would make this show interesting post season 1 is him becoming a House of Cards tier sociopath.

This is ABC though, so that won't happen.

I'm sad that they switched Homeland with Shameless this year. It doesn't feel right. I just hope they bring back based Quinn. Will they? ;_;

He reminds me of one of my professors.

She's the mastermind behind it all.

>oh mr president~
Fuck off, you're not Marilyn.

>kief will never be your prof
why do we bother living?

>constant breaks during a lecture when Kiefer sneaks off to the bathroom to guzzle some whiskey to help with his massive hangover

Sounds fun.

It's pretty much common knowledge that nobody would touch this show if not for Kiefer as the protagonist.

I wish the real president had a voice that gravelly

he wasn't random he was the next in line

there must always be a king, even if the king is dead