youtube.com/watch?v=-AQJvQ5Oifw
youtube.com/watch?v=6b8jsrDl89M
youtube.com/watch?v=msK3jSkx3VE
bigthink.com/videos/maajid-nawaz-on-islamic-reform
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That mind rape scene tho...

>Shinzon hyped up as the "strongest villain since Khan"

>Into Darkness literally reuses Khan

"Muh Khan" is the most toxic meme in Trek.

Best scene in star trek VI

yeah it was kinda hot

And they used fucking Benadryl Cuminmyass, who acts like a fucking robot instead of a suave Mexican, which was what made Khan so good.

Modern audiences would just think he was a fag if they'd made him like the original Khan.

Is B4's/Data's last "Never Saw the Sun" scene the most heartbreaking Star Trek scene of all time?

From the ones I've watched:

First Contact
Beyond
Generations
Into Darkness
Insurrection
Ebola
Nemesis

reminder that generals are cancer

reminder that you haven't replied to my Inner Light thread and it's currently on page 5, so don't call generals cancer if you're unwilling to discuss Trek

>be the Romulans
>find common cause with the Federation seeing off Shinzon and start building new bridges
>a few years later Federation negligence destroys your home world
>tfw

villains can be hammy without being corny
it all depends on the actor and the script

>He believes the propaganda that the Federation was at fault

They weren't.

Nemesis was god awful but yes Into Darkness was worse.

nah

I actually just found out I have access to every iteration of Star Trek in it's entirety on demand, I'm debating whether to start watching or not.

Is TNG worth watching for Deanna Troy? The actress is Greek, I have a thing for Greek women.

TNG is worth watching period. The first 2 seasons are super weak but power through them and there is a good show there.

>never watched any of the TOS movies

What the fuck dude

>Into Darkness is shit meme

When will it end?

This is sadly true. People now think badass villains have to be grimdark edgy and have no personality besides ANGRY.

Pros of Nemesis
>bigger, more theatrical feeling sets, not ones reused from Voyager/DS9, which are TV shows
>the space battle was really good
>CGI was good for 2002 and still holds up, unlike Attack of the Clones which was too shiny and lacked depth
>Tom Hardy was a big guy for us
>an enemy ship finally thinks to fire at the main bridge, which has always been at the very top of every Federation ship just asking to get blown the fuck out
>Donatra was a qt
>directing felt more dynamic than say, First Contact

Cons of Nemesis
>Shinzon's motives barely make any sense, he should've wanted to turn all of Romulus to stone and not Earth
>the TNG cast acts very bored, even Patrick Stewart who's getting out-acted by Hardy
>B4 was a retard and wasn't needed for the plot at all
>some talking scenes drag out a little too long between the action sequences
>it killed the movie franchise for 7 years
>poor marketing

>>Shinzon's motives barely make any sense, he should've wanted to turn all of Romulus to stone and not Earth

But it was the humans who put him there in the first place

>It's a "the crew is extremely obsessed with 20th century music and culture still" episode

Shinzon was cloned by Romulans, and sent to work in the mines on Remus by Romulans. He says many times how much he hates Romulans, but he wants to blow up/radiation thing Earth.

>Best scene in star trek VI
Don't be crazy, it's definitely the trial, especially Plumber's epic rant

>DON'T WAIT FOR THE TRANSLATION, ANSWER ME NOW

He already killed the romulan leaders and had the planet under his control so he had no reason to kill them. But yes, his anger with Earth made little sense.

Dr. Crusher is hotter

Don't
Be
So
Vain

>Star Trek General
Fuck off. We've had daily Trek threads for years without having to lower ourselves to the 'general' brand cancer.

I enjoyed McCoy's emotional responses.

>Dammit man, I tried to save him! I tried to save him!

In fact Deforest had another great emotional scene in V with his dying father. He didn't get much opportunity to show off his acting skills but he sure did it in those movies.

Show gets a lot better by season 3. There are some truly god awful episodes in 1 and 2, (and some really good ones in 2). You can find a viewing guide so that you can shift through the crap. It's an episodic show so it's not like you miss anything.

Deforest was always the best actor on the show and in the movies.

We've had generals for years too, you just haven't been paying attention. In fact generals are usually better because people can find them and they don't attract non-Trek memers as much as "What did he mean by this?" or random meme posting

Sure but in the movies (I haven't watched all of the show yet) he's mostly there to be grouchy and complain about shit he doesn't like. He didn't get much time to express other emotions.

I've seen the viewing guide, but isn't there any character development at all even in the episodes considered bad? I'd feel weird skipping episodes.

youtube.com/watch?v=lDd9bjX-K7I
youtube.com/watch?v=-AQJvQ5Oifw

Dukat did NOTHING wrong.

>generals are usually better
stopped reading right there. generals are a cancer-killing discussion that does nothing but stifle discussion and promote aimless shitposting.

Just have a look at /got/, if you need proof from this very board.

I've finally finished TNG and I'm on DS9 season 3 now. It's pretty good now but I can feel once the dominion invade shit is going to get even better. I thought the people worshipping the cardassian characters were just memeing but they really are based af and the best trek villains to come out of TNG era Trek. The Borg were great in Best of Both worlds, I have no idea why the writers didn't write a proper Borg arc for seasons 5-7 of the show. I guess back then TV was mostly episodic.

I also forgot to watch Star Trek III through VI before starting TNG so I've been doing that. I've heard disastrous things about V: The Final Frontier, is there any reason not to skip it? I've heard people saying it doesn't fit in well to the story arc the other movies are part of with the characters.

Don't listen to . Never skip episodes of anything. Watch them all or don't even bother.

I agree

>have a look at /got/
Stopped reading right there, you Game of Thrones fans are all homosexual nation werckers

>muh kaleesy
>muh dragons
>muh brown people

I wish it had the seat belt ending.
youtube.com/watch?v=6b8jsrDl89M

Are The Motion Picture and Enterprise the ultimate Trek pleb filters?

>Actually had to argue with a "friend" who thinks Generations is better than Nemesis.

Nemesis is a grimdark ripoff of Wrath of Khan but Generations is literal shit that killed Kirk like a bitch.

This. If you're going to watch a series but skip all of the "bad" episodes you aren't a fan.

The "even number Trek movies is good" notion is a pleb filter.

Yes, anyone who likes Enterprise or doesn't like The Motion Picture is a pleb

That's really unnecessary and awkward.

The Motion Picture is genuinely bad though. It has god-tier special effects work, especially with the models and sets, but so do all of the TOS movies. It also has Based Goldsmith doing the score, which, in a Trek movie, is always a positive, but that's it.

The concept of Generations was okay and the villain was fine.

The execution of the story was garbage though.

Malcom McDowell is immensely based, which makes it harder to hate it.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

It's a fucking awful movie

I hate Game of Thrones but the irony of your saying that in a Star Trek thread explains your terrible opinions about generals.

>The Denab system

>The next time someone claims God made the Earth what can you say?
>Were you there

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

Well except the whole Bajoran occupation thing.

Friendly reminder that Macet did nothing wrong.

I'd recommend not skipping Final Frontier. It's pretty terrible, but there's some genuinely touching moments for Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

Dumb Christians don't understand the logic goes both ways.

Star Trek V is kino. Fuck what you've heard. The shit with "God" at the end is really dumb but it's not that bad.

If not for The Cardassians, Bajorans would be literally India: The planet and spend all their time murdering each other over interpretations of the prophets' wishes

>murdering each other over interpretations of the prophets' wishes

Thank God we're not like that.

And the Cardassians raping and murdering them really helped with that right?

There are some good shots and scenes, but its overshadowed by the stupid ones

>The rock climbing scene
>The chekov and sulu are lost and pretend to be in a blizzard scene
>The 80 year old negress does a fan dance distraction scene
>The entire "great barrier" idea is retarded
>That cringey as fuck scene where everyone on the bridge says their species' name for heaven

It's fucking awful, the first and last 10 or so minutes are the best it has to offer.

How many times have you seen the movie?

The Motion Picture is just barely worth watching for the best special effects (the V'Ger interiors are a wonder to behold) and the room-shaking Goldsmith music. But it was too slow and cerebral for its own good and the acting was bland (except for McCoy) - it didn't seem like they were having a good time.

Probably around 15 times, I really liked the RiffTrax of it. Without the track, maybe 5 or 6 times. Why?

I was just curious because I couldn't remember all of the scenes you referenced before you mentioned them and I've seen it twice. Disregarding that, I still had fun watching it because I'm a sucker for cool visual shots and it has several.

>I'm a sucker for cool visual shots and it has several.
That it does. The Bird of Prey coming over the horizon in front of Kirk is one of my favourite ever. And while we're speaking of the good, David Warner is really solid in that movie, especially at the start where he's such a sleazeball with the limp cigarette and the "welcome to paradise bahaha this sucks", they did a great job giving that bar a middle-eastern dive feel.

The Jerry Goldsmith score also elevates the movie. Nobody scored a Trek film like Jerry. V has my favorite opening theme of all the movies. V's rendition of the Trek theme intro is the best ever recorded and the mountain climbing theme that follows it is beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=msK3jSkx3VE

Jerry Goldsmith had the GOATest Trek scores.
>Motion Picture
>Final Frontier
>First Contact
>Insurrection
>Nemesis

Each of these are amazing.

He also wrote the theme for Voyager.

What are Prophets?

liner not it's

The ones who will forgive you for your blindness, my child.

Aliens, nothing more.

tfw I can't take part in the discussion because I am still in TOS watching for the first time.

I'm just excited to go on the various adventures with the crew anons.

The prophets are that which are sought by the Bajorans

Wormhole aliens. Like Q but shit.

Is Kira the least likeable main cast character in all of Trek?

Do you like other 60s shows? I've made 3 or 4 serious attempts to watch TOS but I always get bored before I finish the first season.

That's Chakotay.

They're pretty similar. Both are zealots for their minority organization who have a persecution complex and refuse to listen to logic.

Yes. She's evil and every time she mentions the prophets I hope for a hull breach in her general vicinity.

I'm watching the one where she forces Dukat to murder all his followers at the moment, the way she turns on her mentor as soon as he mentions the Pah'Wraiths is really cingeworthy.

Yes I love it so far.

The point is in Star Trek, Humans aren't like that anymore

Didn't hurt

Not that we hear about, but there are still Christians and Hindus in the 24th century, so it's certainly possible.

>you have a singular wit

>the one where she forces Dukat to murder all his followers at the moment,
Are you roleplaying as a propaganda officer for Central Command or something?

I think your missing the one religion that tends to murder over interpretations of prophets wishes the most there.

It's clearly not widespread.
The whole idea of humans in star trek is they are an ideal progression of ourselves. Religous murder is obviously not fucking widespread or even possible on Earth. You think the Federation would let that shit slide?

We see multiple different races applying to join the Federation and murder/opression was always something they frowned upon.

Why are you self inserting your religious hate into Star Trek?

JJ said he made Khan white because he didnt want a brown guy blowing people up and committing acts of terror

I suspect Muds still exist too, but I only recall Hindus being specifically mentioned (in Data's Day, he mentions that it's the celebration of the Hindu festival of Lights), and Christianity indirectly (some time in DS9 Cassidy Yates tells Sisko her mother wouldn't be happy unless she got married by a minister, or something like that).

And of course Chakotay's weird Indian shit is a religion too I guess.

How does prophet talk to someone?

First Contact is my favorite Trek movie.

Is this pleb? I really loved the borg queen

watched the planet killer episode today

is the planet killer the most powerful canon enemy?

Nah it's good. It has enough action to be entertaining while still having a really solid Trek plot.

>Computer, generate 1000 self aware Lieutenant Tasha Yars
>Also generate 2000 Turkana-IV rape gangs, program them as if they haven't been able to rape anyone for days. Uhh, increase sexual urge by 200%

>Lt Barclay to Chief O'Brien, I might need you to transport some protein samples from holodeck 4, I'll be in touch shortly

>Oh, and computer, disengage safety protocols

By creating audiovisual hallucinations based on their memories

Just about everyone agrees its the best TNG movie, it's in my top 5

Kira is a GOAT character. She has a solid character arc from beginning to end, and she+Garak+Damar basically carried the series in the final run of episodes. I know you prefer characters who are perfect and flawless like cardboard cutouts, but having flaws and overcoming them just makes her that much more compelling.

Also, she aged like fine wine.

What happened Ben Sisko? When will he coming back?

Bashir had flaws and overcame them and was interesting. Kira is just a nagging bitch from end to end.

The Sisko is of Bajor.

In the books.

No, it's not canon, but it is linear.

>That episode where Kira learns her mother is Kim Bauer and whored herself out to Dukat to save her family's life, and Kira reacts by trying to murder her then changing her mind at the last moment is portrayed as nobility
Kira a shit

Ordinarily I'd expect someone to already know this, but since this is Cred Forums, I guess I'll have to explain this to you:

You shouldn't kill your parents.

>

>Kira is just a nagging bitch from end to end.
Watch the show.

>Nor murdering your parents makes you a good person

Bajorans, everybody.

I know that, Kira's the one who didn't consider it when she planned the murder and planted the bomb.

Dominion vs Borg Collective. Who will wins?

Q.

She just wanted to kill Dukat, and her mother would be collateral damage. That's a noble goal, right? Think of the millions of people who died because Dukat gave the Dominion a foothold in the Alpha Quadrant.

Or did you fall for the "Dukat did nothing wrong" meme?

Probably the Borg. The Dominion's power relies on their ability to infiltrate, which is useless against the Borg, and the Jem'hadar wouldn't be much use against them.

The song is Blue Skies, you pleb.

>it's an A R 5 5 8 episode
>suddenly, a siege begins
>It Ain't Me starts playing

>Or did you fall for the "Dukat did nothing wrong" meme?
But he did do nothing wrong. She'd already been taken from her family and he could have treated her how he liked, but he was kind to her and even made sure her family were looked after, and he was showing the same generosity to the Bajorans; his first act as prefect was to cut labor camp output quotas by half, abolish child labour, and improve medical care and food rations. These measures led to a twenty percent drop in the camp death rates.

And it was genuine. She fell in love with Dukat, and that's what Kira could never forgive.

Mine too. It was a Trek movie that had everything: best acting of any of the movies, the Borg, beautiful visuals, the Data/Borg queen psychological games, suspense, strong affirmations of human values, the deflector dish fight and of course, Goldsmith's second-best Trek music.

Will Windom gave the single best acting performance in all of the original series in "The Doomsday Machine." He really, REALLY sells you on his anguish and trauma.

How would you have ended DS9? Pretend nothing including or after the season 6 finale happens (when Dukat breaks the Pah'wraith idol thing) and briefly turns into a demon but then is fine again when you next see him.

how the fuck was into darkness worse

into darkness was fine

Because it was Scotty's Quippy Adventures featuring the cast of Star Trek.

Troi is probably the worst character in TNG. She gets no real development and is basically a massive waste of time. Even Dr. Pulaski gets something.

She has one good episode though

You realise almost everyone in the western world has access to MS Word, a pencil and a red pen right?

And what is your point?

>>> I made slavery less shitty and was nice to my rape slave I'm such a nice fucking person!

Drink bleach

Are you retarded or something?

No I am not a Christian.

What do you expect him to do? Refuse orders, get executed and replaced by someone worse? He was a military officer, not the leader of Cardassia with the power to stop the occupation.

You fell for the r/atheism propaganda

A bunch of space aliens that really care about Bajor and no one else for some reason.

>print out piece of paper
>write answers on your own in shitty handwriting
>win le ebin upboats and facebook likes when you post it online

>A bunch of space aliens that really care about Bajor
Was there any evidence of this? They kept on saying "We are of Bajor" but they never explained what they thought that meant, The Bajorans could have named their planet after something a prophet said. They didn't like the Pah'wraiths, maybe the reason they destroyed the Dominion fleet is because their destroying Bajor would have released them from the fire caves.

They explicitly sent a bunch of artefacts to Bajor and give them legit visions of the future or whatever. Compare how they basically erase Grand Nagus Zek's personality and make Sisko beg to not be murdered for seeing time in a linear fashion. When that Bajoran poet thinks he's the emissary, the prophets take pity on him and send him back to his own time instead of just killing him too.

>They explicitly sent a bunch of artefacts to Bajor and give them legit visions of the future or whatever
No they didn't: "We seek contact with other lifeforms, not corporeal creatures who annihilate us" - from the pilot episode, the orbs were their form of space probes, the Bajorans just happened to find most of them and misinterpreted their non-linear form of communication as visions of the future.

>corporeal creatures who annihilate us
Instead that them just echoing Q's criticism of humanity and the fact that Sisko is basically pissed off with everyone in the pilot thanks to that battle he just fought in? Bajorans are massive hippies who have done nothing but live peacefully for thousands of years and get Holocausted.

Why was he such a bitch ass? Did some human cuck his wife or what was the deal?

If I hadn't seen this level of indoctrination bullshit personally I might agree with you that it is probably fake, but I know it isn't. "Were you there?" is one of the canned responses of anti-scientific evangelical groups.

>just fought in

Several years ago.

>First Contact is my favorite Trek movie.
>Is this pleb? I really loved the borg queen

It's pretty pleb, yeah

>God Tier

>Good Tier
1, 4, 6, Generations

>Pleb Tier
3, First Contact, all new Trek

>Total Garbage Tier
Insurrection, Nemesis

Are you serious?

ITT: We count lights. The last number in your is the amount of lights you see. The first to it right gets released under the accords of the Armistice Treaty and is pardoned by the Federation Council.

I just watch Sons of Mogh. How is transforming Kern into a whole new person morally superior to killing him in ANY WAY in either Klingon or Federation ethics? The entire notion should be both horrifying and despicable to everyone involved but Bashir just does it like he wipes minds on the regular.

Also, Worf should have had the foresight to take his brother off of DS9 to kill him. That assisted suicide ritual was sloppy as fuck.

Makes sense to me. As much as SJWs complained about white-washing if there was a portrayal of a future brown dude doing future terrorism with 9/11 overtones they would have had a shitfit.

At least Kraal was portrayed by Idris Elba as a genuine sub-Saharan warrior nigger, like Shaka Zulu or some shit. Nobody likes them.

>nobody likes them
Nigger they were respected warriors even among the colonials they were fighting against

> someone reposting my broccolipost

>General
kill yourself OP
thanks

>/trek/ - Star Trek Lance Corporal
It just doesn't have the same ring to it, you know?

Imperial Senator Vreenak, his fist clenched, his eyes bulging, his voice a whisper.

What pisses me off is how they hold us minorities to lower standards then whites. Whites are held accountable for their own actions while us minorities are not held under that same standard because whites "should know better" but the rest of us are either too dumb, stupid, to be held up to higher standards.

This includes the stereotype of the intelligent villain. The first to cry "Nigger" is always Jews. It is true Khan was a brown but he was also an augment. A genetically superior human both physically and mentally. I guess the thought of a genetically superior brown is too much even for a Jew to handle.

Rolling

>What pisses me off is how they hold us minorities to lower standards then whites.

Basically.

According to the books, he was a pretty nice guy.

Are you serious?

Did you not pay attention as Archer and all the Starfleet retards went around space fucking shit up and putting humanity at risk and getting involved in wars?

He was trying to keep humans safe.

Just finished TNG chain of command pt 2, apparently DS9 started airing after this episode.

Should I watch them back in forth in air order or finish TNG first then go onto DS9?

You know Rick Berman (a kike) crated DS9, which has Doctor Julian Basir, another superhuman poo-in-loo?

Jews never said all niggers are dumb. We know they aren't. That's what frightens us about them far more than a generalized assumption of idiocy. Clever people are dangerous.

Watch the seasons back and forth as they aired, don't literally jump back and forth from episode to episode. I mean, I guess there's nothing wrong with that if you want to, but it's just not the way I'd do it. There is a two-part crossover, though.

Sure. They balance each other out, DS9 has a weak season 1 while TNG has a strong season 6, and DS9 has an improving season 2 while TNG has a waning season 7.

I wish they did more with Ensign Ro when DS9 came out. I bet it's the same deal with why they made Tom Paris a different character than that other guy his actor played. They didn't want to pay the writer of Ro's episodes for every new one she was in.

The actress was fucking fantastic as rear-admiral Cain in Battlestar.

Nah, the actress wanted to do Homicide: Life on the Street, instead.

I guess that makes sense.

The producers actually wanted Ensign Ro to be a main character on DS9. They created Kira instead when Michelle Forbes refused to join.

Then they wanted Ro to be a main character on Voyager. They created Torres instead when Michelle Forbes refused to join.

Ensign Ro was created by staff writers (Michael Piller and Rick Berman) so paying royalties to anybody wasn't an issue.

I really liked Soval. They played him up as antagonistic for the first couple seasons but then he was like "Naw, you humans are all right, I was just pulling your leg."

I saw an episode of DS9 recently where you see Kira's (clothed) feet. She is wearing fucking space high-heels. Isn't she supposed to be a command officer with a specialty in security and military operations? What the fuck is she doing tromping around the station in fucking three-inch heel?

well why are they all wearing one-piece uniforms

because it's sci-fi.

A one-piece uniform isn't a pain in the ass when running down a hallway during an emergency.

polaski is best doctor. period

Rick Berman was a creep who insisted that all the women look "sexy" at all times. Her old uniform was just too unflattering for him.

If you think that's bad, wait until you reach Voyager.

ive assumed it was the Bajorians billions of years in the future

I thought the silver bodysuit was Braga's idea.

I assumed inter-dimensional beings, like the Q but with a different mindset and no intention of really leaving their pocket dimension where they are gods.

I've never seen any Star Trek except for the newer films and Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Just started Next Generation today, it feels comfy as fuck. Is the original series just as comfy or is it more tedious?

>"He's one of the great thinkers along side, Issac Newton, Albert Einstein, Ploktek Niglah from Alpha Risa 3"

Braga was the guy who hired her to fuck her (and he did) (while she was still married to another man).

TNG is more tedious than TOS

Watching through Trek for the first time and nearly finished TOS. I've noticed that some of the later series aired at the same time, do I need to watch them in airing order or can I just do one at a time (TNG->DS9->Voyager->Enterprise)?

TNG is tedious, TOS is edge-of-your-seat excitement.

And overacting and cheap effects and soft focus shots on women and face-illuminating closeups and dramatic musical stings.

I love it.

>IMG_0003.jpg
IMPOSTER

You can do what you want, they don't really crossover. TNG and Voyager both have one episode with a few scenes set on DS9, but other than that they try to ignore each other.

I still don't get why Precious Cargo is considered one of the worst episodes.

It's a dull episode, that's about it. I thought there were far worse episodes of ENT, let alone the first 2 seasons of TNG and much of TOS.

It's a knock-off of the theme of a TNG episode, though it's distinct enough to not be completely derivative. It really shouldn't be up there with those other episodes, most of those are significantly worse.

I thought move along home was okay. It had some good Quark moments and the gleep-glops had some meme-worthy lines. Their interdimensional vidja-labrynth game is a bit dumb, though. Could use some better levels.

Just started another ep of DS9. If Rom has an ear-infection why wouldn't he get it cured for free in a single short appointment with Bashir? This seems like a real non-issue in a future society, and therefore more bad writing until they justify it somehow.

Ear infections are very serious in Ferengi, for obvious reasons.

Getting things for free is against his religion.

Is that the one where archer's dog is sick and he spends the whole episode being a fucking asshole to everybody and the solution is for him to admit that he wants to fuck t'pol

Because that is the worst episode of enterprise

No it's the one where Trip finds the princess who's a pretentious bourgeoisie cunt, so he mind breaks her with his lowly proletarian D.

His excuse in the ep was that he couldn't get an appointment during the day because he works long hours and can't get time off. That's fine, but if the clinic is run properly it would have either night staff or be able to have appointments scheduled for late or early hours in the case of special circumstances. That he didn't get his ear cured immediately is really fucking dumb.

He also holds the record of scoring the most Trek Films. If Giacchino keeps it up and does 3 more he'll not only break Goldsmith's record but surpass him because he's been doing a damn fine job so far.

Humans have wiped the floor with:
• The Borg (unstoppable except by Species 8472)
• Species 8472 (only other species with success against the Borg)
• The Dominion (unchallenged for 10,000 years)

Not to mention being victorious in nearly every battle against the Klingons, Cardassians, Romulans, etc.

Why would anybody fuck with them?

Yeah but there are actually people that dumb.

why didnt they just have archer fuck tpol

they were setting it up for like 2 seasons and then all of a sudden tpol has to have naked massages with trip for medical reasons(???????????)

Move Along Home might be the worst episode period.

"No"

For all the little complaints I have about the Kelvin timeline films, I have to say Giacchino's scores are fucking awesome. I got to see Star Trek 2009 live scores at The Hollywood Bowl last summer and it was a blast.

The way his main theme weaves into and distorts the classic TOS theme as almost a response or a dark reflection of the original is goddamn great.

Same reason they inexplicably threw Seven and Chakotay together at the end of Voyager instead of having one or both of them give in to the obvious tension and fuck Janeway.

Yeah it's bizarre.

Also because there is no chemistry between T'pol and Trip, while there is shittonnes of chemistry between T'Pol and Archer (and the actors themselves).

noT thaT guY, buT I lovE youR broccolI-postS

What was the meaning of this

I was saying this the other day in a discussion. People were talking about that video where modern films just have terrible scores that all sound like eachother, where I chimed up "The JJ Star Trek films, for all their problems, have fucking awesome scores, I can even sing the melodies"

DUN DUN DUN DUN dodododo DUN DUN DUN dodododo DUUUUUUUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN do do do DUUUUUUUUN

JJverse has the best Gorn, followed by STO.

>people getting mad over the word "general"
that's hilarious
still, please phase yourselves

It was a crossover episode where Chakotay's cousin Turok joined the crew

you misspelled best

There was a moment, I think it was in Beyond at the title reveal, where he scored in just the first THREE string notes of the "Space: the final frontier" speech music, let them hang for a few seconds, then dove off into some exciting stuff for the ensuing scene. Just a long enough moment to start the chills and then he yanked it away. It was clever as hell.

I don't particularly like into darkness but I will say holding a contrarian opinion solely for the sake of being different is stupid and will make you look like an idiot.

why was this deleted

Because humans appear all soft and squishy and naive, because most are. At least most were raised to be. The thing about humanity in Trek is that our "barbaric past" is actually our hidden strength. Sure we espouse pacifism and xenophilia but we spread and we spread and either pen-in those who don't think like us or slowly convert them to our way of thinking. We are still dominators, we just found a better method through indoctrination and the isolation of undesirables.

In Stellaris, a very good 4X strategy game by Paradox, I call this strategy "peace-hugging" where I deliberately encircle an unfriendly empire and then close borders, just daring them to invade me so I can "liberate" them.

Just like root beer, The Federation is insidious. It's just the expression of our desire for Manifest Destiny applied to a new era and new ethics..

>everyone who disagrees with me is just pretending
Literal, unironic, non-meme autism.

>implying it ever existed
were you there?

Would you?

You would think the other races would catch on by now.

There is absolutely no reason why anybody should fuck with the Federation after they just utterly destroyed the Dominion and nearly genocided the Founders.

Everybody should be scared shitless of them.

I was, I saw it!

2 is pretty pleb/reddit tier

4 is trekino

people who always insult/make fun of "the whale one" dont get trek

"Commander, tell us about your 1s and 0s."

I really liked And the Children Shall Lead though, Miri was by far a much worse episode than that. The Alternative Factor wasn't really too bad. It was just kind of boring.

bigthink.com/videos/maajid-nawaz-on-islamic-reform

>And it’s what I call the racism of low expectations: to lower those standards when looking at a brown person if a brown person happens to express a level of misogyny, chauvinism, bigotry, or anti-Semitism and yet hold other white people to universal liberal standards. The real victim of that double standard are the minority communities themselves because by doing so we limit their horizons; we limit their own ceiling and expectations as to what they aspire to be; we're judging them is somehow that their culture is inherently less civilized; and, of course, that we are tolerating bigotry within communities and the first victims of that bigotry happen to be those who are weakest from among those communities.

It's basically more paternalism

Hehe, that actually happens in Stellaris. You can be pacifist as fuck for the entire game, then at endgame when it's you and a giant-ass empire who is almost always at least militant, if not also communal (meaning they can get away with slavery and genocide under their moral code). So it's me, the Xenophile Pacifists, and them, the religious communist militants. If I choose to initiate war (which I'd have to alter my policies to do) and then wreck their gleep-glop shit to keep them from wiping out all of the surviving micro-empires it is almost guaranteed to make those micro-empires hate me forever and see me as some kind of Space-Hitler, despite me saving them from Space-Hitler.

The better strategy is to have a weak ally who likes to pick fights. That's what my space-duck friends are for. "Oh, so you want to drag me into ANOTHER war against space nazis? Well I guess..."

If you play it right Stellaris is pretty much a Star Trek game.

"Chief, tell me about your fertility."

>Male-Tsundere relationships are default on Cardassia.

I found that bit of trivia amusing. It also made me want to repeatedly neg and then fuck a Cardassian woman.

No one should ever want to fuck a Spoonhead.

>2 is pretty pleb/reddit tier
You're only saying that because it's popular, hipster douche

Sometimes stuff can be both popular AND good

Imagine that

She would only find your xenophobia arousing. How does that make you feel?

The episode where Archer and Phlox decide an entire species needs to die because they think evolution has some sort of magical guiding mind behind it and destiny might WANT them to kill off an entire species is probably the worst episode ever

Also they bring up the prime directive, and Phlox's messages to his doctor friend are so fucking cheesy

Q vs Prophets, who will win?

No the objectively worst episode was the one where the crew of Voyager invents a new warp drive that causes them to devolve into amphibians.

If "And the Children Shall Lead" is the one I think it is (the TOS space hippie episode) then that's the one hands down.

The Q appear to be much more powerful than the prophets.

Q obliterates everyone

That one is actually entertaining just by virtue of how terrible and absurd it is. There are episodes which are utterly boring and forgettable, and thus much more painful to sit through.

>it's a the Enterprise encounters yet another omnipotent godlike being alone in his palace on an otherwise empty planet episode

>Into the Darkness
More JJ Trek, centered around explosions.
>Nemesis
>Stupid, would have been filled with explosions if they could have afforded it
however
>endearing cast from the beloved series
The later is more tolerable because I already know the characters. I can only watch Into the Darkness so many times, but even tho Nemesis is shit, it feels like coming home to see family on Thanksgiving. That's why I like it better.

People really didn't like move along home?

It was one of my favorite early DS9 episodes.

It wasn't nearly as bad as the one where Sisko was dating the psychic-projection ghost bitch. It was just a little campy. Besides, Quark was right, if they made a version of that game that used the holosuites rather than god-only-knows-what it probably would have been fairly popular on DS9.

don't forget that humans overthrew the Q Continuum using their own weapons.

This also reminds me of the "strength" of humans.

Humans are constantly called weak and frail.

So from what we hear for example,

Klingons - 5 of them can take on 30 people in combat and come out winners. They are super strong, super fast and experts at hand to hand combat.

Yet in the show, we constantly see human characters even small women like Kira or Dax or Troi, kicking the fucking shit out of multiple Klingon opponents in hand to hand combat.

Jem'Hadar - Klingons, hopped up on amphetamine.

Again, it takes multiple Jem'Hadar to take down a single human character on the show, we often see single humans take on entire fucking units of Hadar.

Vulcans - 3x The strength of humans mentioned numerous times. Though we don't see Vulcans really fight ever. But Spock really should have been able to kill Kirk easily.

Augments - 5x the strength of average humans, yet in ENT get their ass kicked on multiple occasions and Khan gets beaten in fisticuffs with Kirk.

This is the only real place with Into Darkness is better than other Trek. Khan is actually fucking superhuman and Klingons are like 7ft tall and can lift a human with a single hand with ease.

>Spock really should have been able to kill Kirk easily.

He did. Even while being in poor condition due to pon'farr.

Mirror Spock was overpowering Kirk, Scotty, Uhura, and McCoy all at once, too.

Way off topic but damn I always wondered why the Soarin' music at Disney World was so great... based Jerry Goldsmith...

>even small women like Kira or Dax
Kira and Dax are actually large women. Look it up.

Also, Dax is trained as a Klingon warrior, and Kira learned a few tricks in the Resistance. I can overlook them winning fights more easily than I can forgive Troi.

Silly hooman. Can't even spell profit correctly. No wonder you don't know what it is.

marina sirtis
dat rape

also ended up getting 1 thru 4 dvd sets of tng
dat troi

This, as someone who's seen little Trek/isn't terribly invested in the characters, I thought Nemesis was pretty well done

>large women
For you

Well... Rom is really fucking dumb about most things

good god
even in ted 2 she look gorgeous

Do you have the Sisko in your Heart?

Daily Reminder that TOS is the best Trek:

Most consistently high episode quality
Spoopy twilight zone vibe
All women are forced to wear skirts so short their asses hang out
Prime directive? How about I punch you in the face
Kirk, Bones, and Spock have the best main crew dynamic

weekly reminder that Captain Catherine Janeway is a cold-hearted bitch and that's why she's the best captain

Those skirts

No, I have the warmth of the Pah-Wraiths in mine.

>It's a quark episode

Ds9 wasn't as good as babylon 5 but it was still pretty good.

There, I said it.

>Meeeeester Gary Baldy
What did he mean by this?

Was his character named Baldy because he's balding?

Top-notch writing, JMS, you worthless hack fraud.

why Ferengi race so greedy?

Because they're modeled after America.

>speaking ill of the dead
It's impossible to criticise B5 politely

>3rd episode in
>Tasha Yar reveals she was raped
>Wants Data to be her fuck machine
>Deanna Troi wants to mind fuck Riker at the same time she rides his dick

I like this show, there is humor there I didn't realize.

>everyone from B5 is dying
>the DS9 cast are still young and sexy like
Was B5 cursed?

more of a little guy

Nah, you're not wrong, it bothered me as well. It's just bad writing. There's no way Starfleet medical ethics would permit a doctor to forcibly alter someone's personality without their consent. Fucking current ethics wouldn't tolerate it.

I liked Into Darkness.

Except the end bits.

I don't think you understand what you're dealing with here.

Nemesis wasn't just "bad." It was mind-bendingly awful. It was so awful that it made the writers chuck the whole Trek timeline and start over. Think of how bad that is. Can you grasp it? Four series going on a fifth spanning hundreds and hundreds of episodes, ten movies, all fucking gone, all fucking tossed aside. Your mind fumbles in ignorance.

that's what you get when you allow augments to practice medicine, desu

it was sabotaged on purpose

they wanted to reboot but couldn't justify it to the fans until they TNG movie series tanked..

>tfw Vedic Trump is elected next Kai

Make Bajor great again.

well 21th century had WW3

maybe culture and arts never quite recovered to a point where 20th century is still considered a peak..

>tfw this guy wasn't joking

This is the darkest thing I've ever heard.

And it's not true.

Oh my god, Jerry Doyle died? This is fucking terrible.

Why. They're all dying. Oh dear god why.

CALAMARAINE!!

It was actually Roberto Orci who said that, because he's a 9/11 Troofer.

when does voyager get good

in b4 i get meemed by neelixposters

>B4 was a retard and wasn't needed for the plot at all

They wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

>kill Data off for feels and so Brent Spiner can fuck off like he's been wanting to do for awhile
>still have Data running around for EU purposes

B-4 becomes the new Data in most of the follow-up novels and games, except in the new comic where he supposedly transferred his mind into the Enterprise's computer at some point and basically runs the ship with Geordi as meatspace captain.

I liked these are the voyages.. was meant to be bookends for the Berman/Pillar era dammit

who cares the entire ENT cast was butthurt.. none of them were ever as endearing as riker and troi..

if they did a better job they wouldn't have been canceled abruptly and needed a rush finalle

Seasons 4-6, but 7 opens with dumb Borg shit and stays dumb through the end.

Not at fucking all

any sense of loss is completely evaporated by the inclusion of B4 in the first place

Should have listened to Brent in the first place and just end his aging android self - indefinitely

holy shit, July 27th .. curse strikes again

Piller wasn't involved with Enterprise and he certainly had nothing to do with the finale.

Enterprise killed Star Trek, but it wasn't the cast's fault. It was the fault of hack writers and producers who gave the cast only garbage material to work with. Hacks like Berman, who really didn't need one last episode to fellate his giant ego.

Just started season 4 of TNG - does a new character join the Ent. soon? Woopie was the last recurring add and I'm just

Maybe it's just stupid feels, but there seems to be something pretty vindictive on the writers part to kill off the ONE main cast member whose character canonically would never die of old age

This bugged me more than anything else about Enterprise. The Archer/T'Pol thing was set up for so long and they ditched it for a complete dud relationship.

Move along home is brilliant, and I consider it "Aliencore" Trek, along with The Royale: episodes about trying to understand forms of alien life that have nearly no common ground with humans, of course it seems strange. The direction is brilliant, giving it an other-worldly feel, and Fallow's actor has some great delivered lines:

>Welcome in the name of Bajor and The United Federation of Planets, I'm Commander Benjamin Sisko and on behalf of my senior staff, officers , Major Kira, Lieutenant Dax, and Dr. Bashir
>[bored] Yes... euhh.. yes... euh.. yes.
>Now, where are the games?

Brent Spiner raised a good point, though, it would become distracting to see Spiner age when Data was supposed to be an unchangimg android.

That's true but nothing really happened with TNG after nemesis

So it's almost like he died for nothing, maybe I just care too much about fictional characters

It's honestly just Alermarain that is terrible
The rest of the game is fine
Quark and Odo are great.

That is one sharp and subtle burn, I've always loved that line. It wouldn't have the same impact if he just said "you're not funny and you're full of shit."

>Every iteration has to have their own radically different variant of what is supposed to be the same species

The Gorn are just as bad as Doctor Who's Silurians.

I'm sure that scene was a result of the budgeting problems they had at that point in the show, the rest of the episode was perfect:

>"Move Along Home" was affected by budget issues that arose at the middle of the first season. Michael Piller commented: "I would have thought based on my Next Generation experience that at the midway point of the season I'd be in great shape. I knew ["Move Along Home"] was going to be hugely expensive, but I thought that I'd have money to burn because we had done so many shows on the space station".

Were you there

Well he's not a fan since he hasn't seen the show. I'm sure there's a lot of people who would drop the show if they didn't have the knowledge that it would get better. It's an episodic show, not mad men. Fuck outta here if you think shades of grey is worth watching.

Just saw the TNG S1 Ferengi episode. Bunch of filthy space kikes kek.

Dude.

Kirk's original fight with Khan was brutal.

It was like a kid fighting an adult. Khan literally threw him aside and across the room with each blow, Kirk basically wailed at him gorilla style jumping off shit and using his legs since he could fight better.

But he only won because he could take a pounding.