Luke, did I ever tell you that your father created C-3PO? He built him out of scraps when he was 8 years old...

>Luke, did I ever tell you that your father created C-3PO? He built him out of scraps when he was 8 years old. He gave him feelings and emotions and then made him work against his will doing chores in his house. He also gave it the mental state of a huge neurotic pussy so it would never be comfortable or happy. He was a good slave.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P2H6mpUnsLI
youtube.com/watch?v=Re2ePXTdhcg
youtube.com/watch?v=Dxsu1oejm_A
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_Tales_of_Luke's_Hand!
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66_Cookie
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cuckolding
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"Watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Luke. Did I ever tell you I fought his dad? He was hired to assassinate a senator me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw the would-be assassin out because we knew he had too much pride to just shoot her from long range. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild bantha chase. Also the 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise and just shot the senator for all we knew! Then the robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her too after that because we we weren't watching her at all, but it already bought the bugs. So we sense the hostile life forms (not the robot) in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time! Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self-destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet, and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster, and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something, then he escaped with his tiny jetpack. Luckily for the senator, my good friend Dexterr Jettster owned a 50s dinner on Courscant that had Republic secrets on the menu along with cheeseburgers and malt shakes. We found the assassin and Mace Window killed him later, right in front of Boba. And he was a good friend."

>people on this board defend the shitquels

surely they troll

Original trilogy is just as shitty

>So we sense the hostile life forms (not the robot)

everytime

"You did uncle Ben, but we both agreed that Bot lives don't matter, and we closed the subject."

Hey Harry your invisibility cape means you are the descendant of an onld wizzardchan who escaped death, he had a brother who got the ephilosopher stone and another who got a wand that makes its user the most powerful wizard
Also voldemort split his soul in seven treasures involving you and unless they are destroyed he can keep coming back to life
Ah also I'm gay, I was evil at some point and i have a brother I never mentioned

Luke did I ever tell you about the time I went into hiding? I continued to wear my jedi robes the entire time and went from Obi-Wan Kenobi to Old Ben Kenobi. You could say I didn't try at all. It was a good name.

why did they even bother having slaves in star wars when they had droids

4u

Because slavery is pretty cool

star wars is stupid

Why is Lucas an incompetent writer

>the Force, a natural power, somehow understands all the arbitrary engineering standards and protocols created by man

explain, is there a force god somewhere reading technical reference books?

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I was one of the most respected actors in the world, performing in renowned films such as Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Bridge on the River Kwai and A Passage to India? I even got an Oscar and a Knighthood in recognition for my talent and excellence. Then, while I was between shooting masterpieces with David Lean, a nerd named George Lucas begged me to play a samurai wizard from space in his sci-fi/fantasy flick. I took it to be nice, even though it meant saying lines such as "Only a master of evil Darth". Somehow, despite Lucas's bungling, it was a huge success and he roped me into appearing in the two equally idiotic sequels. I didn’t want to, but my code of honor as British gentleman and an actor prevented me from leaving a project unfinished. Now that's those movies are the only thing people remember me for. When you search my name on Google Images, the first result is from a website called “Wookiepedia”. My legacy is ruined forever thanks to Lucas. He was a good friend.

Did they torture robots in Jaba's palace?

>She could have been a good friend in disguise

I wouod argue that there are things a person could do that would require a vey specific droid. So if you're not rolling in dough, it's more sensible to have a person or two instead of 15 droids for each odd job.

TFA is worse

>build droid for translating
>use it to wash dishes even though it has no opposable thumbs

I will never not laugh at this

>can't even bend his arms
>electronics and water don't mix
there nothing wrong with anakin fixing a broken droid, say C-3po aboard that silver ship by giving him a silver leg to match the scene in ANH where luke fixes his broken arm after the sand people attacked them but to have him put him together from scratch as a maintenance unit is retarded

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Yoda? Well he is a small green alien that was the jedi master of order. He had a small miniature green lightsaber and would do cool backflips whilst swinging his lightsaber around. He also used to teach classes on the force at the jedi academy to all the younglings, that is, until your father murdered all of the younglings. Yoda also coincidentally befriended the wookie named Chewbacca while all my fellow jedi friends were being brutally murdered by order 66. Unfortunately poor old Yoda didn't sense the midichlorin count of the emperor and had the entire jedi order eradicated and the republic usurped under his incompetence. You should seek Yoda out in the Dagobah system, he was a good friend.

>butthurt so eternal it will never not be funny

Lucas is hilarious.

he should have said he found an old astro mech droid that that he was putting it back together and reprogramming it. that could have explained why r2 was so sassy, he was built by a kid.

How did a little boy manage to program C3PO to speak six million different languages.

Luke did I ever tell you about Yoda's gay little spaceship? They kept it out in the woods for no reason. It was a good ship

goddammit Lucas

>these blast points...too accurate for sand people
>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time a sand person shot a pod racer going 600mph from a cliff a mile away? He was a good shot

kek no.

Luke did I ever tell you about the king of pop Michael Jackson? He was a good friend till he a molested an entire village of ewoks

>not all muh sand peple

Because a galaxy far, far away is actually hell

>Luke, did I have ever tell you about the Jedi Orders relationship with the younglings?

Why are there so man "uncle bens" in pop culture?

youtube.com/watch?v=P2H6mpUnsLI

Yoda force-raped the younglings.

>Luke, I'm speaking to you from beyond the grave. I'm in hell Luke. Please help I'm going to burn in hell forever.

Was this another one of George's changes? I don't remember it.

In the Bluray remake they replaced Obi-Wan with a funny CGI ghost alien that gives him advice.

The slaves managed and maintained the droids. Proof that being a retail manager is slavery.

>They kept it out in the woods for no reason
He did it to sneak out from paying his bar tabs.

Jedi can't sense droids, they aren5 alive thus have no connection to the force

Captain EO would molest galaxy-wide, and Coppola would masturbate while filming. Glorious times.
youtube.com/watch?v=Re2ePXTdhcg

Making the desert robes the official Jedi uniform was retarded

But a galaxy far far away is already hell, that's why his spirit can't go anywhere.

The new alterations are really dark, is George okay?
>the extended droid torture sequence where the Gonk starts screaming for its previous owner to come and save him

I never get tired of this meme.

Enough with this meme. Accept that the Prequels are the inferior films and move on.

He made enough money not to complain too much about it. And at least he's remembered.

different planets must have different socioeconomic realities user

>he had a brother who got the philosopher stone
but that's wrong

>Luke did i ever tell you about my good friend who was a good friend to me who was good at being a friend, he was a good friend

kek

this

the original movie is actually pretty damn good

yes

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the Sand People? They kidnapped your grandmother, and your father slaughtered them like animals. He was a good friend

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Bane? He was a big guy for me and he was a good friend.

>Luke, did I tell you about how the gum you like is coming back in style?

Luke, did I ever tell you about how your father broke a jedi rule and floated a piece of fruit towards your mother's mouth? He was a good friend.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Nute Gunray? He spent 15 years following the orders of a creepy old man hologram who he never even met. Even when those orders were about invading randoms planets and starting an intergalactic war. And even at the end, when following this hologram had gotten him nothing but tons of his ships and droids destroyed, he still trusted him enough to travel to a lava planet, where your father murdered him in cold blood. He was a good friend.

Topkek
I've just realised how implementation of the idea of Force Ghosts is. In Empire, something like this should have happened. Kenobi should have been kept behind by the Force, postponing his ascension to the great beyond, until his business is done. Having them just literally be blue ghosts is lame.

Tell me that wouldn't have worked better. Empire could have ended with Kenobi and his old friend Anakin saying goodbye and moving beyond this world.

*how retarded the implementation...

*Jedi could have ended with...

Fuck sake posting on a phone is shit

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Ahsoka Tano? She was your father's padawan during the clone wars, and she often called him "Sky Guy". They went on hundreds of adventures together, including one where they rescued Jabba the Hutt's son, who was affectionately called "Stinky". Stinky was kidnapped by Jabba's brother Ziro, who was a crossdresser. He was a good friend.

>Luke, did I ever tell you the animated series were overrated?

No, because that would be wrong.

TCW single handedly redeemed the prequels.

Pretty much this, is a blubbering retard.

>Mace Window

Everytime

That's the fucking point. The robot could have just walked over and lasered her to death in her sleep. Instead, we get this Rube Goldberg-esque bullshit.

>they could in Kotor
>it's not canon anymore

th-thanks lucas

So the Empire instilled a sense of morality into a society that was once largely rampant with degeneracy?

SHEEV DID NOTHING WRONG

Lasers and clumsy and random. Poisonous centipedes are an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

My sides are in orbit

Interesting idea. You propose a lot of good points.

Takes away a bit from the metaphysical nature of the Force though. Like if you want to go the route of "stepping into another world" is it really far-fetched to think Jedi could astral-project? It's pretty much the same thing in concept.

K-kek, yes.

Kotor 2 outright says Jedi cant sense them.

For you??

What's the next step of his master plan?

In a galaxy where dirt farmers can have dozens of droids, slaves serve as more of a status symbol. Also, sex.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time Ziro the Hutt was brutally murdered by Sy Snootles? Hold on one goddamn second, Luke, I'll explain who that is! Ziro the Hutt was the brother of Jabba the Hutt, and was imprisoned by the Republic during the Clone Wars following a foiled kidnapping plot in which he conspired with Count Dooku to ransom Jabba's son, Rotta. I'll explain Dooku later, Luke! Anyway, the notorious bounty hunter and big guy Cad Bane took the senate hostage and freed Ziro, only to bring him back to the Hutts who put him in prison. Ziro exploited the affection of Sy Snootles, some sort of blowjob alien who sings good songs at Jabba's Palace along with a blue elephant and a CGI dog-man, and had her break him out, and the two escaped into the swamps, to the abode of Mama the Hutt, Ziro’s grotesque mother, who provided him with a starship so he could travel to Teth. Are you keeping up, Luke? Pay attention, this is key! Anyways, Ziro was in possession of information important to the Republic, so I teamed up with Jedi Master Quinlan Vos, who was like a black version of The Dude, and we odd-coupled our way through this mission. We crossed paths with Cad Bane, but he proved too much of a big guy for us, and escaped. I guess there wasn't enough time in the episode for us to figure out where Ziro was, so in the end Sy Snootles gunned him down and took his holodiary and we never worried about any of that shit again.
Ziro was a good friend. Sy still is a good friend. Cad Bane was not, and may no longer be, a good friend.

That's what I thought when the prequels came out but then why did yoda have the same robes? And Anakins ghost even though he never went in exile. As stupid as it is I guess that was Lucas's plan.

I should add I had always assumed or hoped before episode one came out that the Jedi uniform was what Luke wore on the second Death Star.

Kek daisyfag kek

The force awakens is 0/10

Source.

This.
The prequels are at least watchable, TFA after they found the Millenium Falcon is just stupid.

>Luke, come over here a moment. Power down the jedi training ball, there's something you need to know. Luke, have I ever told you about SuperShadow? SuperShadow is the alias of a Star Wars fan who ran SuperShadow dot com, a holosite that fabricated insider knowledge and claimed that SuperShadow was a good friend of George Lucas, and one of the leading Star Wars fan experts in history. According to a Whois search on GoDaddy, the SuperShadow domain is owned by Mickey Suttle. Despite the valid domain name, the holosite has since gone offline.

>When the holosite was online, SuperShadow would often post so-called Star Wars news, images, FAQs, spoilers, and even plot outlines for future Star Wars films, many of which he claimed originated from George Lucas. This led to enough controversy that Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidalgo commented in Star Wars Insider 90, released in October 2006, that SuperShadow had "absolutely no relationship with Lucasfilm or George Lucas" and that the information on the site "are complete fabrications." Hidalgo also revealed that Lucasfilm had "taken action against the site several times when it" solicited money from fans "under false pretenses."

>He was a charlatan, and no good friend of mine.

It's better than anything in Clones except the ObiWan and Jango scenes. That movie as a whole is by far the worst in the series.
Ewan is the only actor in the movie that looks like he is attempting to give a shit about the film

You know you're reached a point of no return in being socially isolated when you think someone's opinion is a meme. Everything is a meme. The word meme is now the only word you know and you think it describes everything. You've lost all sense of reality, all sense of identity and you think your thoughts, actions, everything is a supposed to be a series of memes.

nice meme

Luke had on robes too

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Bigger Luke? The two of you are nearly identical, except he's ever so slightly larger. Remember when you went into Yoda's Dagobah Force Tree, saw your face inside Darth Vader's broken helmet and thought it meant your greatest fear was becoming Darth Vader? Well, that was the corpse of Bigger Luke you were staring at. You killed him. He was a good friend.

Unless you watched the movie blind, without ever hearing somebody talk about it beforehand, then your opinion is a meme

You understand that meme has an actual meaning, right?

nice meme

He has black robes when he goes to Jabbad palace and the cloak but when he goes to Endor he has a military looking black outfit.

Not at the Death Star

>Luke, did I ever tell you about your evil clones Luuke and Luuuke? The EU was not a good friend.

Yeah, maybe it would have been more cost efficient to keep living slaves rather than droids. Depending on the available resources, I'm sure the cost would have varied region to region, planet to planet, etc.

>Doctor Oobah Droid, I'm Jedi Order:

3 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 2 > goat's piss > 7

He should have been a recurring character that posits questions to help guide Luke through stressful situations.

>wanting to fuck droids instead of real women

Your uncle thought your father shouldn't have gotten involved in the rebellion. Which is a weird thing for me to say since your father didn't meet your uncle Owen until he was an adult and training to be a Jedi and pretty much entirely involved. Hmmm, maybe I'm just losing my memory at the ripe old age of 43.

kek

the actual line is "[your uncle] thought [Anakin] should have stayed here [Tatooine] and not gotten involved."

ie stayed a slave on the worst planet in the galaxy.

And not "gotten involved" in being a badass space wizard.

Uncle Owen was dick and deserved to burn.

>elected monarchy

Everything is a meme, from a certain point of view.

Kill yourself

>Luke, your uncle didn't want you to follow Old Obi-Wan on some damn fool crusade and be a Jedi like your father. Which I think is preposterous, because your father was an excellent Jedi right before he committed mass murder, choked your mother unconscious, and had his arms and legs cut off. By me. He was a good friend.

Someone needs to write in Sleazebagoo into this.

kek

YFW when the force awakens is also referring to BB8. R2D2 is also of the force.

This is one of my problems with meme theory. Technically any transmissable concept, idea, or notion is a meme but there isn't any distinction between small memes, like ones surrounding a single idea, event, or character, and grand memes, like an entire language for example.

Meme theory could use some refining and added terminologies is what I'm saying.

>What about R2?
>oh we dont know where the fuck R2 came from.

I've read a lot of Star Wars books and comics, I'm pretty sure that's just made up bullshit.

Except that the script implies that Owen thought Anakin should have stayed on Tatooine as a slave, and that becoming a Jedi/fighting the Clone Wars was "idealism" that Owen did not agree with.

The "ideals" of the Jedi/Republic explicitly have nothing to do with child murder, so that can't have been Owen's objection.

I like the Phantom Menace, but R2 should have been Anakin's droid, and 3P0 should have been Nubian, from the Queen's Palace.

He could have been with them on Tatooine because of his translation abilities.

R2s intro was actually cool imo, on the queens smooth ship where he could actually roll around anywhere on the hull

makes a lot more sense then being able to repair an xwing stuck in one spot..

A post as shitty as this one surely deserves a (you)

Owen never said Anakin should have stayed a slave, and the script certainly never "implied" it, because Anakin was a free Jedi when the two first met. Also, much of what Obi-wan said to Luke during their first meeting was misleading and inaccurate, true only from "a certain point of view".

Nah, Richard dawkins is fuckin stupid

The tv show was the best and made the prequels tolerable

Sheev and Yoda move around like cartoon characters when their light sabers are out, why hasn't Lucas gone back to IV and added in Obiwan doing CG somersaults when he fights vader? Or have the emperor get out of his chair by doing a backflip?

That does make more sense. Would explain why he has a stick up his ass about everything.

I don't even think the sequels should count since they're now being made as glorified remakes.

where's that reaction image that fits these threads.. the one where the dude is looking bored, sees an obi wan thread, and then he's smiling?

>Luke, did you ever hear the story of when I and my master were in a submarine with a retarded rabbit? Of course you haven't, we just met.
>Anyways, we had to pilot it through the core of the planet Naboo for some reason, when we were attacked by a giant barracuda. Too bad the submarine didn't have weapons! The submarine sustained massive hull damage, but my master managed to fix it by opening the glove compartment and plugging in some wires, even though he had never worked on that craft before or even seen one before that day.
>I don't remember what happened after that, but the moral of the story is that there's always a bigger fish.

Do you... not understand these threads?

youtube.com/watch?v=Dxsu1oejm_A

>this was canon
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_Tales_of_Luke's_Hand!

>Luke member that one time I pooped my pants? I had diarrhea.

good lord

>Jedi could have ended with Kenobi and his old friend Anakin saying goodbye and moving beyond this world

That's what happened.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about sentient hands? They are good friends.
Real talk, tho. That was printed in the Star Wars: Tales comic series, which was non-canon series even back in the days of the old canon.
t. autist

canon or no canon it's embarrassing what lucas will allowed the starwars name to be put on

like he had no dignity

dude it's just a comic

Does this mean Luke and C3PO are technocally brothers?

Yeah, I'm sure Lucas was embarrassed about what his kid movie's name was put on while he was banging cocktail waitresses two at a time in Monaco.

Holy shit I got 55s twice ITT. It's been a good day, boys!

I like it too. That Bill Murray looking guy goes "Look! That little droid did it!". It's a way better intro than 3po

>But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter

Fucking this every time.
They are the senator's only bodyguards and they both fucking jump out a window and leave her stranded. I thought Jango was supposed to be the best bounty hunter of all time? She was just standing in there alone in her nightgown.

Is that LEEEGAL?

>anata no tameni!
I'm dead

>and they both fucking jump out a window
actually only obi-wan jumps out the window :^) anakin goes and gets a floaty car from the garage

which is another weird thing about that scene, actually. it's like the script got their names mixed up

Luke's uncle was named Owen.

obi wan was dead and couldnt have told luke about his evil clones

lotta loyalty for a hired droid

jej

>LUKE:
>No, my father didn't fight in the wars. He was a navigator on a spice freighter.

>BEN:
>That's what your uncle told you. He didn't hold with your father's ideals.
>He thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved.

When Anakin and Owen first met the Clone Wars hadn't started. And Anakin wasn't living on Tatooine.

So Owen either thought that Anakin should stay on Tatooine at the time that they met (when Ani's mother was dead and Ani was already basically a Jedi) or that Anakin should have just stayed in the first place (back when he was still just a little kid, and a slave).

Neither one of them makes any sense, and in both cases, Owen is a noisy asshole.

He probably just wanted someone around to fix the vaporators while he was chasing whores at Toshi station.

And btw this is also not a 'certain point of view' thing, because it does not involve any metaphors ("Vader killed your Father") or moral relativism ("From my point of view the Jedi are Evil.") from Obi-Wan - its just a plain statement of facts about Owen's state of mind.

*nosey

not "noisy"

But user, George Lucas had a VISION. Don't let logic come into it.

I wonder what the prequels would be like if they'd stuck to lines like this in the original trilogy.

That Sandperson was using a slugthrower, though.

'Blast points' either refers to a blaster/laser or some form of explosive.

Both of which the sandpeople could be really bad with because they are never seen using them.

They're probably afraid of that sort of tech, and never use it/are shit at using it.

And they're clearly savages, so they probably have some kind of bloodlust thing that makes them chimp more when commiting atrocities.

The Sandperson at boonta eve, by comparison, was in more of a sporting mindset.

>obi wan jumps out window to grab onto a flying robot
>anakin runs to get car
>later they are driving
>anakin jumps out of flying car
>obi wan screams at him for being reckless

The fuck

I wish we had Vader saying he doesn't like sand. Why didn't George edit that into the original trilogy?

Anakin was a mercy killer.

Its interesting that the jedi council though he was "too old" at nine.

Probably used goods, too, since he'd been a slave.

Maybe he just doesn't like Jedi and was just talking out of his ass? We already know he didn't care for Old Ben

Allegory of Catholic priests.

SW droids seem to have an intelligence cap. The smartest droids we see are R2 and 3P0. One of them has no initiative, and the other one has no sense.

Did the Clone Wars series come up with a reason for why she got zero mention in the Revenge of the Sith?

Even when they were specifically talking about whether or not Anakin qualified as a Master, or why he was always so upset and terrified of losing people?

They mentioned his fucking mother fgs, and she had been dead for years.

That was a military mission, and Luke was specifically trying not to piss off his dad.

On Tatooine, in ROTJ, Luke was trying to present himself as a Jedi. And he wore robes.

Was the standard of living for the average citizen under the Republic even any considerably better than under the Empire? The economies of scale of a fucking galactic Empire would have pretty much enabled Palpatine to blow as many resources as he wanted without needing to tax or oppress his citizens harshly; indeed the Stormtroopers on Tatooine seem to allow the locals to go about their business without much trouble.

Is there any reason to believe that the undemocratic (being a Jedi is an accident of birth), psuedo-monastic cult that is the Jedi would have at all been more just rulers than the highly efficient, meritocratic technocracy that encompasses the Empire?

Republic good, empire bad. Submit to your benevolent senate's will or you will get paid a visit by the benevolent cult of emotionless killers trained since childhood to follow their dogma that exist only to remove threats to the senate and its power. Do not question the republic. Do not question the senate.

Viral marketing for the rice

flesh is cheap

They weren't ruling the galaxy, they were keeping the peace.

But the standard of living, going by our few comparisons (the Lars family, the flash to Naboo and Corsucant in the Special editions of the OT) seems to have been comparable in both time periods.

This is interesting, because it should NOT have been comparable.

The Republic was ravaged by war in its final three years, and then it underwent massive territorial expansion and militarisation under the Empire. Then the Rebels destroyed a butload of government property, including the first Death Star - but the movies never show any economic footprint from all of this.

This would imply that the efficiency of Palpatine's leadership through really HARD times more or less balanced out the inefficiency of the Senate's leadership through really EASY times.

>Luckily for the senator, my good friend Dexterr Jettster owned a 50s dinner on Courscant that had Republic secrets on the menu along with cheeseburgers and malt shakes

Except that the few times we see Jedi acting on behalf of the republic (Qui Gon to Trade Federation, Obi to Kamino) they specifically do not resort to killing people, even when they are attacked.

Tell that to Jango Fett's severed neck.

she was exiled at the end of the series.

>You fought in the Clone Wars?

>Yes. I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your father.
>That reminds me. Luke, did I ever tell you that in our prime (which happened to be a mere 20 years ago), the Jedi had Dragon Ball Z powers and could destroy armies single-handedly, run at lightning fast speed, deflect blaster bolts with stunning precision, jump tens of thousands of feet in the air, and hover around for prolonged periods of time? "Crouching Jedi, Hidden Sith" sums up that era well.
>Now that I'm an old man, I can't do any of that anymore. Time is not a good friend.

That wasn't "acting on behalf of the Republic" anymore, at least not as ambassadors/negotiators/investigators.

They were fighting a battle at that point and Jango had just prevented Mace from apprehending Dooku and then personally killed a Jedi.

And Mace was the Jedi who is specifically represented as the most trigger-happy (apart from maybe Anakin, who doesn't count) in the series.

>>He thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved.
Considering Owen never said this to Anakin or Obi-Wan, it seems to be a prime example of Obi-Wan mentioning misleading/inaccurate details to Luke. For example, telling Luke that his father wanted him to have his lightsaber, despite each Jedi getting his own lightsaber, and deceased Jedi being ritually cremated with theirs.

>When Anakin and Owen first met the Clone Wars hadn't started. And Anakin wasn't living on Tatooine.
Right, and so it wouldn't make any sense for Owen to want Anakin to stay a slave, considering he was a free man from the moment the two met.

>So Owen either thought that Anakin should stay on Tatooine at the time that they met
Despite never saying this to Anakin, Obi-Wan, or Luke.
>or that Anakin should have just stayed in the first place
Despite never saying this to Anakin, Obi-Wan, or Luke.
>He probably just wanted someone around to fix the vaporators while he was chasing whores at Toshi station.
Despite never mentioning that he wanted Anakin to stay on Tatooine in the first place, and never contacting him outside of their single meeting.

The most likely explanation is that Old Ben told Luke fabricated details about his uncle and father, as he did throughout their meeting. Your explanation makes no sense and is not supported by Owen himself, only by a few words Obi-Wan told Luke about his Uncle, despite only meeting him once after Luke was born.

That was during a big battle though. Plus at that point they had figured out who Jango was working for so no reason to keep him alive.

that sounds even lazier than I thought it would be.

Just about everyone agrees:
Empire > New Hope > Jedi >>>>>>>>>>>prequels.

Not a Star Wars fan but even I have to admit the originals are decent movies, while the prequels are shitty

Obi had talked to Owen since ROTS. Pretty simple, there. This is even implied by his later line about Owen not wanting Luke to follow "old" Obi Wan on a crusade.

Obi picked up the lightsaber at Mustafar, that implies that he did not feel that the lightsaber always has to burn with the corpse of a dead Jedi. Since no other Jedi in the movies procreate, we have no real precedents for what Jedi code was here, but Obi had clearly known for a while that Anakin had knocked up Padme, and probably had some idea of how Anakin would be feeling about the situation if he were in his right mind.

The rest of your post is you taking the fact that Owen never says anything to Anakin on screen about staying to mean that Obi Wan must be lying.

But Obi Wan only really lies figuratively. This would be a flat out, non-metaphorical, explicit lie.

And since Obi is a telepath and has had plenty of time to have at least some convo with Owen by the time of ANH it makes more sense to assume that he was speaking from some knowledge of Owen's mindset.

This just happens to lead us to the conclusion that Owen either wanted Anakin to stay on Tatooine during his visit in AOTC, or wanted Anakin to have stayed on Tatooine rather than go with Qui Gon in TPM.

Either one of those scenarios could actually make some sense.

Maybe Anakin leaving in TPM really fucked his mother up psychologically.

Or maybe Owen really liked Anakin during their AOTC meeting (hence being willing to raise his kid years later).

Obi Wan fabricating details about his uncle and father would have been a risk, because if his contact with the Lars homestead had been so limited, then he wouldn't have known what Luke had been told.

What's more, he seemed determined in the later movies that he had told only truth, but "from a certain point of view." Making up backstory for Owen and Anakin doesn't fit with this Jedi approach to truth.

And Obi Wan's statements are not directly contradicted. So they're canon.

>Posts a reddit-level SW ranking.
>But then cleverly omits Episode 7 because its not really Star Wars.

It seems I have underestimated you, user.

>She could have been a good friend
Haha

I agree.

The prequels are flawed, but I never understood why people criticize Obi Wan's line of "Your father wanted you to have this". True, we didn't see Anakin telling him directly, but Obi probably knew that if Anakin were in the right state of mind, he would've passed on his lightsaber to his son.

>Obi had talked to Owen since ROTS.
No proof of this. The only time they were in any way confirmed to have met was when Obi-Wan delivered Luke.
>This is even implied by his later line about Owen not wanting Luke to follow "old" Obi Wan on a crusade.
Owen knows that Obi-Wan and Anakin were Jedi from meeting them once each, and that the Clone Wars, a major historical event, happened. Once again, there is no proof of them having any further contact after the end of ROTS.
>that implies that he did not feel that the lightsaber always has to burn with the corpse of a dead Jedi.
It does not mean Anakin wanted Luke to have his lightsaber, since he never said so, and it was not customary for Jedi to pass down lightsabers to anyone, not even their own apprentices. Obi-Wan made up Anakin wanting Luke to have his weapon, there is no evidence from the films to the contrary.
>probably had some idea of how Anakin would be feeling
Baseless conjecture.
>The rest of your post is you taking the fact that Owen never says anything to Anakin on screen about staying to mean that Obi Wan must be lying
The entirety of your posts have been inventing things about the plot to fit what you feel to be correct, rather than acknowledging that the evidence in the actual dialog points to Old Ben lying.
>But Obi Wan only really lies figuratively.
And literally, like he lied about the lightsaber.
>This would be a flat out, non-metaphorical, explicit lie.
Just like he lied about the lightsaber.
>And since Obi is a telepath and has had plenty of time to have at least some convo with Owen
Something else you've invented that has absolutely no basis in the plot.

>Owen either wanted Anakin to stay on Tatooine during his visit in AOTC, or wanted Anakin to have stayed on Tatooine rather than go with Qui Gon in TPM.
Despite never saying this to anyone, only having very brief contact with Anakin, and not wanting to speak to Luke about him. There were no rants about Anakin. There was nothing in the plot to suggest Owen cared about Anakin's choices. You are fabricated things to suit your views.
>Either one of those scenarios could actually make some sense.
The only scenario supported by the films themselves, and not your feelings and assumptions is the one where Old Ben lied to Luke.

The remainder of your post is full of more assumptions that have no basis in the plot of the films.

>considering the prequels cannon

Lol

The black outfit he wears on Endor and the Death Star is just what he had on under the robe/vest when he's at Jabba's.

5 > 4 > 6=7 > non canon "prequels"

>No proof of this. The only time they were in any way confirmed to have met was when Obi-Wan delivered Luke.

Then how come he called Luke by name when they first met? How could he possibly have known who Luke was at that age if there had been zero contact with Owen happening at various points in his growing up?

>and he was a good friend

5 = 4 > 6 = 7

acceptable answer

You can swap them like 4 > 5 > 7 > 6 and it's still acceptable though a bit more controversial. Point is, 4 and 5 are great, 6 and 7 are good.

holy shit the rabbit hole just goes deeper, doesn't it?

The Philosopher's Stone and Resurrection Stone are two different things, idiot.

>prequels aren't cannon
>but the fanfiction he wrote in his head is
Try again.
Perhaps because Jedi can sense the force, and there were only two force sensitive beings on that planet. And how would contact with Owen have any effect on Obi-Wan recognizing Luke? Did Owen invite him over for blue milk and home videos? It feels like I'm reading a Wookiepedia article at this point.

>but the fanfiction he wrote in his head is

What? It's my 1st post ITT, I just don't consider the prequels cannon anymore. And no one except weirdos on Cred Forums and SaganFan1983 likes them.

Are you all intentionally spelling canon wrong, or just retarded?

It's a nene you dip

the novelization pokes fun at this irony which is where it comes from in the first place.

Spelling words incorrectly is a meme now? I swear every year fucking memes get more idiotic and pointless

Your/you're

Tho I just fucked up in that one case and I'm brushing it off as a meme

Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I was a collaborator during WWII? I was a British officer in a POW camp in the Siamese jungle with a bunch of other prisoners, including an American named Shears. He escaped, but I couldn't. Colonel Saito was trying to build a bridge over the River Kwai using the prisoners as slave labor. They weren't doing a very good job however. I initially agreed to help him build his bridge so the men under me wouldn't be mistreated and so that their morale would improve. However, I became obsessed with the idea of building the best bridge possible as a monument to the ingenuity and spirit of the Englishman, even under the worst circumstances. But the Allies sent a commando squad to blow up the bridge. I alerted the Japanese guards to their presence and they killed most of the commandos, including my old friend Shears! I was a bad friend.

I just thought the passing of the lightsaber is like the passing of Anakins legacy/prophecy onto Luke who basically fulfills it. Now it's been passed onto Rey. That lightsaber shoud probably be destroyed like the LOTR's rings

The burden of proof is on you to prove that Obi is lying. Not me.

The character has explicitly said something, so its cannon unless some other, more reliable part of the cannon proves it to be false.

There is no proof that Obi-Wan was lying outside of his metaphorical lies about Vader 'killing' Anakin. And his 'lie of omission' in not cluing Luke in about Leia.

He explicitly says that he was telling the truth "from a certain point of view."

In this case you yourself are trying to 'prove a negative' and contradict Obi-wan without sufficient grounds.

>inb4 he LIED about Ani's lightsaber

He could easily have known (or even thought he knew) Anakin's feelings about the inheritance of that lightsaber in the event of Anakin's demise. So the fact that we never see Anakin draught a freaking will on screen does not make Obi a liar.

As to the 'certain point of view' stuff, that only covers metaphors and moral relativism, as i've said, and so this comment by Obi-Wan (about Owen wanting Anakin to stay on Tatooine) does not count under the 'certain point of view' lying clause, which is all the lying Obi ever admits to.

In fact, telling the technical truth in a decieving way is a major theme in Star Wars, and other beings (Like Yoda and Palpatine) do it all the time.

Just straight out lying about some shit that never happened is less of theme, for good reason.

Again, you are the one fanfictioning without proof.

If a character says something and nothing on screen disproves it or explicitly frames it as a lie (as opposed to a possibly strange or curious real event), then we have to believe it.

For example:

>Do I think that the Death Star plans were stolen by Neimoidians?

No, because the movie said it was Bothans.

>Do I think that the Mos Eisley Tavern exclusively served droids?

No, because the Bartender said "No droids allowed."

TLDR:

What Obi said is self-consistent and cannon. Owen Lars had a creepy thing for Anakin. Deal with that.

I thought for a moment you were going for the Pulp Fiction Christopher Walken watch scene.

>Luke, this is gonna be a doozy, but did I ever tell you about Mein Kampf and Heinrich Himmler? He was a good friend.

Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I never had sex because Jedi don't have sex. Now my teenage friend, join my ancient order of celibates.

That was Nam idiot

>The burden of proof is on you to prove that Obi is lying. Not me.
The plot itself points to him lying about Owen and the lightsaber. You claim he isn't, and use assumptions you yourself made up to support this. You've been reaching for miles to support this without using anything actually presented in the films.
>There is no proof that Obi-Wan was lying
Anakin never told Obi-Wan to give his descendants, whom the two never even discussed, his lightsaber. The passing of lightsabers is not customary between any two Jedi. This is proof that he lied to Luke. You have never refuted this, choosing instead to fabricate evidence to suit your point.
>implied
>assume
>could
You prefer to invent things in your own mind rather than look at the concrete facts in the movies.
>He could easily have known
More conjecture.
>Anakin's feelings
You mean Anakin's feelings as you feel they should be in your head.
>As to the 'certain point of view' stuff,
I'm not talking about "certain point of view", I'm referring specifically to outright lies.
>Just straight out lying about some shit that never happened is less of theme, for good reason.
No, "straight out lying", as well as witholding information, are also themes in SW, and were also used by Palpatine, Yoda, and others.

>Again, you are the one fanfictioning without proof.
I have been backing up my claims with evidence from the movies, you have been unable to stop assuming, fabricating, and inventing things to suit the baseless things you wish to be true. Read your posts and count how often you used "implied", "assume", "suggest", and "probably". You want something to be true, so you invent things to try and make it so.
>If a character says something and nothing on screen disproves it or explicitly frames it as a lie
You can use this vague definition to come to many unfounded conclusions about any work of fiction. The fact that Owen never spoke of Anakin's choices to anyone, Owen only met with Anakin and Obi-Wan once each, and Anakin never spoke to Obi-Wan about his offspring or what to do with his lightsaber is consistent with Obi-Wan giving Luke inaccurate information. It is the only explanation that makes sense without relying on subjective assumptions from the viewers.
>Owen Lars had a creepy thing for Anakin.
This is a perfect example of making something up and having no evidence for it. Owen had no contact with Ben outside of a brief scene at the end of ROTS, and Owen never spoke about Anakin's choices to Ben, Luke, or Anakin himself. You pretending there were secret meetings with between them is unfounded. You suppose things based on what you wish to be true, but cannot back it up with evidence, and you are not self-aware enough to see this.

Reminder that it's "canon" not "cannon"

You are right. I see that now. Obi-wan must have been lying, which is consistent with his behaviour and that of other thematically linked characters (Palpatine and Yoda etc) across the six movies.

It is also the only state of affairs which is consistent with the evidence, in which we never see Owen or Anakin discussing Anakin's relationship to Tatooine. Nor do we see Anakin express any feelings about his lightsaber as an heirloom.

What is more, the Jedi, whom we know build their own lightsabers as a right of passage, do not seem to have a practice of handing down lightsabers as heirlooms to their padawans/significant others.

This mismatch with Obi-Wan's statements to the observed facts suggests that he has a propensity for lying, and supports the notion that he was also lying in his otherwise outlandish claims about Owen Lars.

Any attempt to add to the body of observable facts in these movies beyond an acknowledgement of Obi-Wan's propensity to lie would be an appeal to the realm of fanfiction.

Reminder that its "autism" not "intelligence."

It's amazing how Alec Guinness was able to convey all of this with his acting prowess

It is a good realm

Im sure he just added a part that already had all the programming for that shit, he built him from parts, not "scratch" like people keep saying for some reason

Well, yeah, we see other protocol droids.

Its just like if he put together a gaming computer.

Impressive for his age, but he's not fucking Bobby Fisher, as we later find out when his adult self turns out to be a complete dumbass.

>That's what I thought when the prequels came ou

This is something people blame the prequels for but it's actually from ROTJ. Anakins force ghost is wearing the same robes as Obi Wan

luk tell u tim father younglin kill. good frind

>Luke, did I ever tell you I'm a kissless virgin ? He was a good friend.

Please don't try to defend this shit. A slugthrower is literally just a normal gun. The fact that one shot down a pod racer going 600 miles from over a mile away with a normal gun is much more impressive because they had to calculate just about everything to hit it, let alone get a perfect shot.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about chairs? Chairs were pieces of furniture humanoids could sit in. Like many objects in the galaxy, chairs could also function temporarily as ad hoc weapons. They were sometimes made of wood.
>The term "Chair" could also refer to a chairman.
>A man named Han Solo owned a chair considered to be the "most comfortable chair ever designed." It was a good chair.

its dumb but it makes sense that lucas would want his samurai monks to wear something that looks like a kimono and robes

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Order 66 Cookies? They are a brand of cookies made by Sheev's Bakery and Confections Inc. to commemorate Empire Day, the anniversary of the day the Galactic Empre was formed which also happened to be the day your father slaughtered the Jedi (even the Younglings) and then I chopped off his arms and legs and left him to burn alive by a pool of lava just before your mother lost the will to live right after she gave birth to you and your sister. High in fibre and low in fat, they are a healthy treat, and a good snack. May I offer you a bag? A trooper by the name of Stormtrooper TK-555 was personally responsible for counting and packaging all the cookies. Instead of having him fight in any of the battles that were going on, they stationed him in an immense cookie factory where he all by himself counted and packaged all of the aforementioned Order 66 cookies. Sheev eventually executed him because he found out that Stormtrooper TK-555 had eaten a few cookies on the sly, which was a big no-no. He was a good friend.

>it's ream
Holy shit, my sides.

I got the impressionthat when you die you get re-absorbed by the force, but obi-wan etc were "stron enough in the force" that they could retain their individuality and awareness after they died

Why? The force binds ALL things in the galaxy together. It permeates everything, even inanimate matter according to Yoda.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Count Dooku? He was about the same age as I am now and he could still do acrobatics and fight multiple Jedi at once. He told me the truth about Chancellor Palpatine when we met on Geonosis but I didn't believe him even though my investigation of the highly questionable history of the clone army led me to him on Geonosis with Jango Fett. He was a good friend.

Except the Obi Wan dialogue makes Anakin sound like much more of a Tatooine local than he ended up being in the prequels, implying that he had an adult fraternal relationship with Owen etc. Meaning the robes would have been his normal garb.

Luck maybe, or force sensitivity.

But my point is that its different tech to what was used to kill the Lars'. Guns vs lasers/explosives.

So their proficiency could have been different.

Ha!

ANH Obi wan is in his 50's, the poor bugger. Dooku was played by an 80 year old.

To be equal with Dooku, Obi would have to be still alive and pulling prequel-level duelling stunts in the TFA timeline.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I saved the life of the Emperor's most trusted man, Wilhuff Tarkin? He was born a wealthy man, but don't be tricked by his seemingly calm british appearance! His great-uncle Jova Tarkin groomed him for survival by taking him to the wilderness of the Carrion Plateau on multiple occasions, and he proved to be a vaillant soldier of the Republic during the Clone Wars. I helped him escape the separatist controlled planet of Lola Sayu, a volcanic prison-world built hundreds of years before that was designed to hold renegade Jedi if any had lost their way and guarded by ferocious Anoobas! But I digress.
>During this escape it seems that Wilhuff had a disagreement with the entire Jedi Order, aswell as with your father's apprentice, Ahsoka Tano. A disagreement he would not forget when he was the president of the trial of the aforementioned padawan, who was framed for the bombing of the Jedi Temple hangar! But that's a story for another time.
>Anyway since then I haven't seen good ol' Wikhuff, I wonder how he's holding up as the commander of the Outer Rim. He was a good friend.

Would you say you're dubs are a small meme or big meme?

Okay but thinking the OT is as bad as the prequels is a legit meme opinion.

Tell me about breasts, Obi-Wan.

Cool thread

>cheeseburgers and malt shakes
Where the fuck can you even get a malt shake anymore? Now I want one.

Empire > New Hope > Prequels >>>> Jedi

Fuck the ewoks

>it's real
goddamn I'm glad the EU is gone

The Tarkin stuff is from TCW which is canon.

What a shitshow

I have no idea why Lucas included 2 droids in PT, I always thought that after New Hope he didn't know what to do with them and wished he could get rid of them

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66_Cookie

What the fuck EU

Knowing lucas, it was probably his plan all along to have the story unfold around the two zany droids.

Then more talented people told him to just fuck right off with that shit.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about cuckolding? A cuckold is the husband of an adulterous wife. The term cuckolding refers to what a woman is doing to her husband when having sexual relations with another man. Cuckolding happened across the universe, though different planets and cultures had different views on the practice. It was mostly humans who referred to it as such. Prominent cuckolds in our galaxy is my late master Qui-Gon Jinn and the emperor of Imperial Space, Sheev Palpatine.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cuckolding

I'm honestly surprised that's not a real article.

Goddammit Lucas

Really? Given how central 3po was to Jedi that's hard to believe

>Fuck it, lets just make Obi-Wan Gandalf

windu tests anakin with pictures on a space ipad i'm sure they can sense them.

Again, no.

Funniest part is that they probably forgot all about it and decided to cram one scene at the very end of RotS to explain it.

Nice.

thanks for reminding me that the prequels introduced "force technology."

so glad they aren't canon anymore.

So after all you've talked here I ask: Should Disney reboot the original trilogy to make more sense with the EU?

EU isnt canon anymore.

Animated series, comics and new books coming up