/criterion/

Just found out about these. Can anyone recommend me some good Criterion films? Ones that you enjoy; I want a lot of opinions.

:|

Bait but good discussion.

El Norte
Harakiri
My home is Copacabana
Lady Snowblood
7 Samurai

>good Criterion films
they are all good. Thats kind of the point.

Those are the ones I've seen on Hulu btw.

Fuck that old fart DVD shit.
I've got too many already.

Criterion streaming service when?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here, why does it matter that they're from Criterion? Are you planning on buying films from Criterion? Can you please elaborate on exactly what you want and why you want it.

literally any day now:

filmstruck.com

Only Angels Have Wings
Beauty and the Beast
Orpheus
Red River
Kiss Me Deadly
The Sweet Smell of Success
Mulholland Drive
Black Narcissus

But are they pulling that double subscription bullshit?

i hate this influx of plebs on /kino/

i might just kill myself. i can't take this

Not a single good Criterion release. If you own any, you're a pretentious fag who believes in things like the patrician/pleb meme.

Rose Mary's Baby
Skammen

That's it.

ok bye (^;

>Armageddon
>good

Mulholland Drive isn't even the best Lynch movie they have you dunce.

>FilmStruck subscribers will also be eligible to sign up for the Criterion Channel, a premium service that will be all Criterion’s own
>subscription within subscription
fucking cancer.

Anyone know of a good site for torrenting criterons? Im mostly interested in the commentary tracks, but most seem to rip that shit out before they upload

it's not a meme though

you must just be a pleb my man

this is one of the most accessible and contemporary...it's also an excellent entry into arthouse films

and it has bowie in it

enjoy

Your point being? OP asked for good movies, are you saying Mulholland Drive isn't a good movie faggot?

Are you implying Eraserhead?

check out fandor.com good streaming with a changing set of some criterion films every 2 weeks

It's alright defiantly not close to being Lynch's best work and it's severely overrated by plebs who want to act like film buffs.

Absolutley.

I have seen all of Lynch's movies and Mulholland Dr is his best.

Perhaps you're just upset that you haven't been able to connect with it as strongly as others do

>anyone with a different opinion than me is a tryhard pleb
fuck off, also it's far better than Eraserhead. The only Lynch films I would rank above Mulholland Dr are Lost Highway and possibly The Elephant Man

>calls MD pretentious
>prefers Eraserhead
lmayo

MD is his best after Blue Velvet

I prefer Blue Velvet, Elephant Man, Eraserhead and Fire Walk With Me but, to each his own I guess.

>Fire Walk With Me
certainly his most underrated, I cried like a bitch at the ending the first time I watched it

Salo

>Mulholland Drive
>good

Anything by Kurosawa, but I especially recommend Kagemusha. It's not really talked about, but it's amazing. One of his only movies in color that has a blu-ray release on Criterion, too.

Repo Man is amazing. Fear and Loathing, too.

Not necessarily. Most of them are good, but a few have Criterion releases because of other standards, like with Armageddon, they were trying to help the DVD format become standard and the same with Benjamin Button. Neither are great movies on the same level as Bergman or Kurosawa, but they get Criterion releases for different reasons.

>Kagemusha

Fucking yes! I've never seen it mentioned once on Cred Forums and been here since 2008

That final battle scene is absolutely heartbreaking. Not to mention that, at its time, it was one of the biggest, most complicated ever attempted.

Bicycle Thieves
Pans Labyrinth
Mulholland Dr
Eraserhead
Godzilla
VideoDrome

Enjoy ,friend;)

Le samouri
The uninvited
Make way for tomorrow

Jewels of madame de..
Ikiru

How is Make Way for Tomorrow by comparison to Tokyo Story?

I think make way for tomorrow had more of a punch to it. Left me in tears. Tokyo story had more interesting cinematography