ITT: Say something good about the Prequels

ITT: Say something good about the Prequels.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uG13uaaVihc
youtu.be/9nk_WHHTQtY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They weren't entirely a nostalgia-based cashgrab. Note I said entirely.

episode 1 spawned a good racing game

The battle on Geonosis was cool, so was the arena fight. There is a decent amount of action in Episode 3 and it was satisfying.

Also podracing.

They weren't star wars.

Which is good. OT sucks hard

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Also creating enough funding and interest for KOTOR to be made, even if they based the Jedi Order off of the stupid shit that Lucas wrote for the prequels where they live on a big-ass temple in the galactic captiol and influence politics on the regular.

The Clone Wars

>bad movies have good video game based off them

Go figure

They're not as bad as the new trilogy.

I learned a lot about galactic tax disputes.

Ewan McGregor.

Ewan McGregor

Anakin's fall to the dark side in Ep III

Samuel L Windu

Came here to post it, he was good.

they had more memorable scores than Episode VII

Episode II is comfy and rewatchable as fuck.

They allowed you to post this thread multiple times so as to get attention from anonymous strangers and fill the sad void in your life.

They should have made a spin-off series off that trooper.
Taking down traitors and bringing justice.

they caused George Lucas to give up control of his intellectual property and made it possible for us to have good star wars movies again

The political aspects were nice

>Amazing world building
>Awesome action sequences and lightsaber duels
>Obi-Wan and Palpatine were literally perfect
>Comfy as fuck
>The pod race in Episode 1 is pure distilled kino
>All the memes they've spawned
>They at least tried to be original
>Their very existence pisses off autistic fanboys who take Star Wars too seriously
>Ushered in a new era of Star Wars

>memes
This says a lot about your priorities.

Are you implying everything else I said is invalidated simply because I acknowledged all the memes they've spawned?

they did a lot to build up the pretty barebones universe.

>he doesn't live the life of a memester

I do everything in my power to meme the fuck out of everything to make this shitty life laughable.

Natalie Portman was hot in those movies.

Not just acknowledged, but noted it as something positive about the series.

they ended

p much just this, even though his character was wildly inconsistent he gave a good performance

we got sheev posting, he was a good friend, and other fun memes.

It taught us the lesson that you could fuck up even the surest bet.

natalie portman was qt. but she should have shown more feets or at least done a playboy shoot while she was doing the movies. no need to now she's an old hag

It made the clone wars
The clone wars made plo's bros
we are all plo's bros
me and you alike

duel of the fates

wew lad

Sheev was pretty goat. I didn't get cancer from watching them. Unless it's a slow acting thing like asbestos. As of right now, it seems that I did not contract cancer from viewing the prequels.

Daily reminder that Sheev did nothing wrong

>Turns a dying, corrupt, immoral Republic into a powerful and secure galactic Empire with a hierarchy no longer based on an ineffectual bureaucracy
>Justifiably purges the child-brainwashing cult-like militant religious fanatics from the inner circle of the galactic government, after they draw first blood in a failed coup-turned assassination attempt against a democratically elected leader in a vain effort to secure their jealous stranglehold on the politics of the Republic, and secure their unjust denominational hegemony on the force as a whole
>Coordinates and then destroys the powerful (((banking clans))) and corrupt (((trade federations))) that had preyed on entire planets, like his own homeworld of Naboo, with next to no resistance from the Republic
>Transforms Coruscant from a wartorn planet with a visible crime and drug epidemic into the secure heart of the Imperial galaxy
>Restores order to the galaxy
>Promotes a largely non-dogmatic view of the force, instead of the psychologically oppressive and shamelessly closed-minded view of the Jedi
>Promotes the ideas of love and family (supporting Anakin and Padme’s right to be together) over the Jedi doctrines of total chastity and emotional repression
>Raises and acts as a father figure to a deeply troubled young Jedi, only for said Jedi to be ambushed, horrifically burned, and forever maimed at the hands of a Jedi master for the apparent crime of being an apostate to the Jedi Order
>Eventually assassinated in a plot by fugitive Jedi masters, and the galaxy is once again plunged right back into the darkness and unforgiving chaos that he’d spent his life and rule keeping at bay

Sheev and the rise of the Empire

The people who say that the prequels have bad writing are looking at it from the wrong angle
You think they have bad writing because you find it hard to empathise or sympathise or support the apparent 'protagonists' in their chaotic storyline
The people you think are protagonists are actually the antagonists
Palpatine is the real protagonist, and all of the prequel movies are specifically written around him, and quite well done.

Watch the prequels (or at least ROTS) with the correct mindset of Palpatine being the literary protagonist. Don't break the immersion. You'll be surprised how well it all comes together.

But the younglings!

Reminder that Padme is the strongest non Mary-Sue female to ever be in Star Wars.

I hate sand

If ISIS trained child soldiers, you can't blame anyone but ISIS when the children get shot.

>says Leia is usless
>then calls her important

Huh??

something good about the Prequels.

They're good for autism containment.

Anyone who thinks they are anything other than dogshit has autism.

Top memes
Isn't half Disney cashgrab and half (((propaganda)))

He didn't call her useless.
Just said she wasn't badass.
She's important because of her role in guiding Luke.

She's female royalty, she's worthless and important at the same time.

aaAHAHaHAhHaHAHahahhahahAhHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAhhhAAhh

FUCKING

AMAZING

JOKE

BRO
THIS is why I come to Cred Forums.

Just because the plot could have been good doesn't mean it had good writing.

This is reddit though.

John Williams amazing score.

Good guys were dumb as fuck.

Bad guys plan was intricate and takes advantage of the many stupid things the good guys do.

The good guys are dumbasses all the way to the end and.... the good guys lost!? There's not some hamfisted deus ex machina plot device that comes out of nowhere and gives the good guys a victory they don't deserve?!

I guess that's something.

The duel music from Episode 1.

>>Amazing world building
Muh CGI towns where 20 pilots and a few bureaucrats live (or just weird cgi aliens mixed with children of the producers)
>>Awesome action sequences and lightsaber duels
Empty soulless practised fighting is still not as memorable as Luke wailing on Vader in Jedi
>>Obi-Wan and Palpatine were literally perfect
Obi One is a broken character that doesn't do much, Prequals introduced the Jedi as weird isolated sex depriven monks, hence he feels empty and soulless like a page in the book of "what could've been great" written by George Lucas
Palpi is literally the one good thing of the prequals
>>Comfy as fuck
Do you tell yourself that at night after you watched Jar Jar on screen?
>>The pod race in Episode 1 is pure distilled kino
Other than the sound it's just too mediocre as you know nothing will happen to the kid, there is nothing at stake.
Atleast that's what I felt in the theatre, watching SW filler
>>All the memes they've spawned
Amazing, such wow, light years of enjoyment
>>They at least tried to be original
Well George surrounded himself with yes man and showed he lacked in several departments, JewJew Abrams just repacked it and sold it,... again.
>>Their very existence pisses off autistic fanboys who take Star Wars too seriously
I hope more modern day hollywood dribble will make people pissed off, perhaps than actual artists who can muster up the creativity and courage to try new things or film more interesting parts than 2 people walking and talking (Which is GoT and Walking Dead mostly, the most popular shows)
>>Ushered in a new era of Star Wars
An era of confusion?

I liked the idea of the Assault Droids. I like that they weren't completely mindless and actually had some authority. I wish they weren't taking down so easily, then I'd feel the tension of some of the battles.
youtube.com/watch?v=uG13uaaVihc

Based Sheev

Ian McDiarmid hamming it up as Based Sheev was the single greatest thing about the prequels.

You can tell he's having a fucking blast

And really, what has the Force done for the Galaxy? Justified people killing each other because they use their powers differently? Enabled thousands of years of religious warfare? Sheev was right to purge the Jedi and end the manichean warfare that had ruined so many trillions of lives

haed sum good graefics

Soundtrack

It has a sexy tall girl alien qt.

Literally the only good thing is some of the designs. The ships, droids, and troopers were all pretty cool and very distinct from the OT.

They tried something new unlike episode 7. Also order 66 was fun

I like some of the alien designs.

Across the stars
youtu.be/9nk_WHHTQtY

I feel sorry for you, being unable to enjoy anything unless your overlords allow you to. You're no better than a dog. Sad!

I really enjoyed Ep 1 Pinball as well, although it's unpopular in the actual pinball community because they blame it for bankrupting Williams.

I'll say he tried hard as fuck to make lemonade out of lemons, but they hardly gave him any lemons period..