Villain is actually a good guy who fights against the "REAL" villain

>villain is actually a good guy who fights against the "REAL" villain

>"heroes" befriend villain after they've killed literally millions of innocent people, including women and children

>main villain really isn't such a bad guy afterall even after trying to murder the planet

>villain realizes how wrong he was and joins hero to stop his own plan that was put into motion earlier

>villain plotted to kill 6 billion people
>he actually did it as an alternative to prevent the entire population from being killed

Are there any villains with motives this complex?

>villain spends entire movie saying how his way of doing things is the right way
>Loses final fight and gets 20 second speech from protag
>"How could I have been so wrong all this time?"

I want a villain who sticks to his convictions until the very end and is actually right.

Ozymandias.

>Villian kills 6 million people
>He actually did it to prevent communists from taking over his country

He was wrong, though

this really isn't uncommon though except for the "is actually right" part since that's subjective to your own morals

for some reason I was thinking about this this morning
you know Nixon also has the same plan. He wants to sacrifice the east coast to save the rest of the country.

really makes cognitive function commence

>Villian kills thousands of people
>Protags take the villian down
>Just before killing him, protag says to villian "It's time for you to answer to God for the innocent people you have killed"
>Villian looks up and laughs "God? GOD? He has killed far more innocents than me!"

fuck you that is the best trope

Bane

Name 500 million movies that do this.

>villain promises villager he won't kill her if she gets on all fours and starts acting like a pig
>villager goes on all fours and start "oinking"
>villain laughs, says "Die Pig!" and murders the villager
>spends remainder of the story calling everyone pigs

Diabolical

i hate this kind of villain, he always deserves to lose in the end

Wasn't his plan to obliterate the entire multivers just because he was a nihilist wanker or something?

I dunno user, multilayered villains are great and all, but sometimes I just want a bad guy who gets off on being evil

There's a reason people love Sheev

Yeah but his point stands. they sort of deserve to be curbstomped for reveling in dickishness

Sure they do, all I'm saying is you wouldn't feel that level of satisfaction watching their downfall if they weren't made of "pure evil"

Roy Batty?

>"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the thousands! ! ! !"

Hitler