What are your thoughts on Arrival?

What are your thoughts on Arrival?

Other urls found in this thread:

onedrive.live.com/?id=6CAD38C8EB8D385A!3218&cid=6CAD38C8EB8D385A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks profoundly boring. My guess is it's one of those art house films where nothing really happens and nothing is resolved.

Sounds like you read the book.

Going to see it for Amy Adams

Cred Forums sure does love Jews!

I actually liked the original story a lot

Has not arrived yet so we don't know

Just how many times are we gonna do this?

>hurr Russians are the bad guys

>From the director of
Sicario was good, Prisoners not so much. I dont like the cast either so I dont know about this one

>They arrive and give no reason for their presence other than "to observe"

>Understanding their written language allows Adams to perceive time like they do, seeing her past present and future all at the same time

>During gift/info exchanges they only give humans science/physics knowledge we already had

>They just leave out of nowhere suddenly

It was an interesting little read but I dont see the point of the story.

>piPHBbITHE

BIG

>based
>on the story

fucking americuck

>hurr Russians are the bad guys

I'm not American you 3rd world shitskin. What the fuck are you even trying to say? This is an english speaking image board. Learn the language and lurk before posting or you just look like an idiot.

more like arrival of BULLSHITE. amiritegaizeHahAhahA

You don't have to be american to speak english you fucking americuck.

reddit shit

>Russians are the good guys

The trailer is obviously setting up a military force as the bad-guy to have an actual antagonist in the story rather than what the short story was, which as stated by is basically correct.

The short story the movie is based on is also shit, as it uses a debunked pseudo-scientific theory as a plot point.

It's not hard science exploration and discovery fun times...
it's just another shitty action-fiction.

>it uses a debunked pseudo-scientific theory as a plot point.
which is? I've not read and don't care to, spoil it for me.

>which is? I've not read and don't care to, spoil it for me.
see it's the bullshit of "language influences thought" specifically, the alien language changes the scientists perception of time or something.

the story started seemingly in "hard science" territory, but then it went pants-on-head fucking-its-own-anus retarded halfway through. which, i see the movie director has been keeping that theme with a earth military blowing things up instead.

Is this the movie with the cocoons? The one with the alien cocoons that fall in a swimming pool or some shit and when people touch the cocoons they heal?

I'll see it, I'm a sucker for sci-fi

>the story started seemingly in "hard science" territory, but then it went pants-on-head fucking-its-own-anus retarded halfway through.
so it's interstellar 2.0?

seems fucking shit. Reminds me of childhood's end, started off interesting and just got fucking boring with no real point

>Reminds me of childhood's end, started off interesting and just got fucking boring with no real point
now i'm glad i only watched the first part of this

Never saw it, but yes. Definitely.
Entertainment will win out over genuine scientific interests every time, and hollywood is for "entertainment purposes only"

>Im a sucker
you certainly are

I think what hes implying through his newfaggish improper use of greentext is that the movie wont be based on the story even though it clearly is, given everything we've seen and read so far.

He clearly stated hes not american yet he can speak english well. Why cant you? You cant even read apparently. How embarassing.

yeah part 1 was the only good episode

Yeah what a letdown that turned out to be.

Id still say the story is worth a read if you have any interest in language. Its free online and only like 30 pages.

>30 pages
that I can do. Uh, do you have a link to it? I can't seem to find it

onedrive.live.com/?id=6CAD38C8EB8D385A!3218&cid=6CAD38C8EB8D385A

Its part of Ted Chiangs "Stories of your life and others" collection of short stories and the story itself is called "Story of your life".

I read the story itself as a standalone pdf without having to download anything a month or 2 ago but I cant seem to find that link right now. Also its 39 pages excuse my poor memory.

>giant bowl comes to earth
>people don't put cereal in it

Thanks mate
>but I cant seem to find that link right now
yeah all I could find was a bunch of 403 sites and reviews about it.

Are you that embarrassed of being the americuck & a terrible liar that you become a samefag on a movie thread that isn't even released ?
>based americuck triggered

shut up you dumb burger not everything is about food

They likely took all the free links down in favor of the movie, I could swear one of those 403 sites was where I first read it.

Anyway enjoy. I got a good laugh out of the trailer after reading the story. "We are on the brink of war blah blah" fucking Hollywood man gotta pander to those normies.

Try again, in English.

>try
>again
Kek, you can't even see the shit you throw at yourself. Classic americuck !

I read the premise of the original story and immediately lost all hope.

Looks like he copied the Prometheus ufo tbqh fäm.

Why are you shitposting in such a slow thread? You'd get more attention in a bigger thread. You aren't "trolling" anyone here by acting retarded.

>MUH SCIENCE

that's not the point of the story, retard.

i'm not even saying the story is good but holy shit

>Why are you shitposting in such a slow thread? >You'd get more attention in a bigger thread.
>You aren't "trolling" anyone here by acting retarded.

This !
it took you this many (You)s to reach here. Good progress. Next time be a bit fast.

Their ships look like the kidney stone I passed last week.

>still trying to play the "I was just pretending to e retarded" card

Pathetic tbqh

>its a fellow Americans cant shuffle through their ADHD long enough to enjoy slow building, atmospheric sci-fi drama and me not being surprised by the negativity episode

Nice try hijacker. Could've replaced the white turd in 9/11 by actually crashing the plane at the foundation as planned.

But you dumb americucks just want a shit show.

Children's End i'd say has a pretty clear point actually. He is detailing the fate of humanity, i think it is a straight forward narrative, "look out our future."

However, the plot is all over the place. It's written in three very different POV's and they don't have anything to do with each other, so the plot becomes very boring as the story moves slowly and without any clear direction related to an central empathetic character. The premise and themes are compelling but the writing is dry and disorientating.

>ADHD
>episode
eat your pills son

Was I wrong tho, kiddo?

Are you a time traveler user ?
or are you frustrated that no one agrees with you on an anonymous board ?

>Sicario was good, prisoners not so much
This. Sicario was enjoyable, nothing incredible, but prisoners was pretty shit imo

The film has already been screened and released...

Its not out in the US but Americans have seen it in Toronto during the film festival.

Devil worshippers have infiltrated the white house thanks to you and your mothers antics. I hope your house is buried in feathers goatfuck

Am i wrong tho, kiddo ?

Going to see it for Villeneuvue

looks shit

>hurr Russians we're the "bad" guys

>jeremy renner
More like Jeremy Rental because I ain't paying 8.50 to see it in the theater.