Who was it Cred Forums?

Who was it Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/UnsolvedMysteries/comments/3oaxi5/new_developments_in_the_max_headroom_incident/?st=itjd0k9j&sh=1c1fdbdb
youtube.com/watch?v=QqvWxS719W8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

some neckbeard who learned to fuck with electronics before everyone else

some college kids

me nigga

How impossible would it be to do this today?

It was my dad.

In the US? Impossible.

You might be able to do it in Latin America, Africa or Eastern Europe.

im beginning to feel like a rap god

DOCTOR LECTROLUUUUUUUV

Not sure but what about the now abandoned analog signal? If I bought one of those old dishes and a transmitter can I just start broadcasting whatever the hell I want on the analog airwaves?

According to some user who linked us to reddit, It was an autistic guy from bumfuck america

I read this story too, it honestly sounded pretty convincing. Even if it was a lie, the truth probably isn't far off from that.

There was actually a followup not very long ago, and the original poster insisted he found out he was wrong, and the guys he knew hadn't done it.

Damn, really? Do you have a link? I'm just curious to find out more.

reddit.com/r/UnsolvedMysteries/comments/3oaxi5/new_developments_in_the_max_headroom_incident/?st=itjd0k9j&sh=1c1fdbdb

I was mostly impressed with his rotating box setup to imatate the headroom BG rather than he hijacked a signal.

Nice, thanks.

Brownie here, they showed chinese erotic cartoons on a kids channel.

You can hijack satellite signal just fine, it's just more complicated and costly.

The current most likely theory is that it was some kind of inside job. Part of the reasoning for that is the rotating box, since it would have taken a decently-sized space and some set-design knowledge to pull it off.

Who was it Cred Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=QqvWxS719W8

Idris Elba

For a few hours until the FCC/FBI tracks you down. When they switched to digital they sold that spectrum space to other people.

Really? It's not being used, though, is it? It's just empty space.

Me desu

What? You mean the piece of sheet metal? Anyone could have rigged that background up in no time flat. It was definitely someone with intimate knowledge of broadcast systems though for sure.