Why exactly does everyone pretend to hate this film, again?

Why exactly does everyone pretend to hate this film, again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GIB20vIQVdE
youtube.com/watch?v=9O_LqIi_j2A
youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZS13ZZIef0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kill yourself faggot most people on Cred Forums hate tfa

Out of the trilogy, this was the best. The movie was ok to good. Jar jar....bad.
The other 2 films were terrible.

>Every Jar Jar scene
>Every Anakin scene
>Lucas trying to be funny when not even children were laughing
>Anakin built C3P0
>Jesus Anakin
>muh prophecy
>retarded rule of two
Also not everyone was 7 when they saw it.

Honestly though remove Anakin and Jar Jar and its a solid movie. Even with them in it is probably the best of the prequels.

this

Do you tell yourself people pretend to hate things so as to cushion the blow to your self when you realize you're forever alone?

>Also not everyone was 7 when they saw it.

it's a kid's movie....

Don't forget Midiclorians

>Every Jar Jar scene
Jar Jar was literally not as bad as people claim.

>Every Anakin scene
He's supposed to be an innocent 10 year old kid.

>Lucas trying to be funny when not even children were laughing
How would you know this unless you saw it in theaters opening night?

>Anakin built C3P0
How is this a flaw? It helps establish Anakin as being good with technology.

>Jesus Anakin
Okay.

>muh prophecy
Okay.

>retarded rule of two
The novelization explains why that exists.

It was basically entirely written to sell the Pod Racing video game, Jar Jar dolls, and Darth Maul costumes.

It's like a filler episode of a tv show except in entire movie form.

With the exception of the Gungan sea world, I thought the CGI looked really good, better than episode 2 and 3

i liked it.

Great thread OP.

Qui Gon is unironically one of my favorite Star Wars characters so I don't mind it.

It destroys lives.

Kids love talk about trade negotiations.

oh yeah.

>Jar Jar was literally not as bad as people claim.
he was

>How would you know this unless you saw it in theaters opening night?
I saw it in the theaters, not on opening night. And I was in 6th grade. I didn't find it funny as a kid, and I don't find it funny now. It's more like what an out of touch hack adult would do to make it funny. Although granted it might be funny to 5 year olds.

>The novelization explains why that exists.
movies shouldn't need to have novels and games and anime and shit that explain stuff.

The race was also insufferable

I thought it was great when I first saw it. Excellent world building. OST was good.

What exactly is the problem with midichlorians?

>he was
Not really. The only people who seriously hate Jar Jar probably have autism.

>I saw it in the theaters, not on opening night. And I was in 6th grade. I didn't find it funny as a kid, and I don't find it funny now. It's more like what an out of touch hack adult would do to make it funny. Although granted it might be funny to 5 year olds.
Okay.

>movies shouldn't need to have novels and games and anime and shit that explain stuff.
The Rule of Two isn't even that big a deal. I was just pointing out that the novelization further expands on it if you want to know more.

Its on TNT right now.

>Kids love talk about trade negotiations.
>implying kids don't trade shit with each other
Never collected Baseball cards?

Why? he doesn't say or do anything worth noting? He's just regular Liam Neeson without his morning coffee

Jar Jar is even more annoying than I remember.

They tried to use the gungans as the new ewoks but went a little too far by making jarjar tag along the entire movie.

Outside of that it was maybe a little short I guess.

He was the father figure Anakin needed.

Comfy kino.

It's a poorly-aged toy commercial with lousy writing and boring characters. Sloppy, illogical storytelling with no rewatch value. Can't say I hate it though, it's just too bland to feel that strongly about. Plus it gave us the Plinkett reviews.

more so than obi could do without being a hypocrite.

Holy Christ fuck this contrarian board.

The only reason you reason you guys pretend to like this movie is because normalfags hate it

But enough to write that all out. You're not biased though user. We totally believe you.

Why is it so difficult to believe someone likes something you don't?

user, you have to remember a lot of people like starwars, and a lot of people probably liked movies you didn't even like. This place creates a place people can talk about something they liked without social stigma.

I think you should be more worried that it isn't coming from a source of contrarianism. Have a nice day user.

Likewise. I'm actually getting depressed at how awful he is.

You niggers are watching Episode I on TNT huh?

First 30 minutes of this piece of shit flick is literally about trading macchinations.

yep

Shmi wanted Qui-Gon's dick so bad.

>no darth maul adventures across tattooine.

>implying anyone can deny the jedi evian.

>Darth_Maul_saves_the_galaxy.webm

Pod race scene coming up, GET FUCKING HYPE!

/thread

Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul was the shit, choreography was at it's best then.

>dat combat rhythm and sound effects
>Duel of the Fates chorus syncing with lightsabers hums
You bet your ass

I was just noticing the juxtaposition of the heads in this photo op. Her head is where the head of her character is while anakin is looking at her from the side.

What do you think this means?

>that look
You just know

Which universe is it going to hurt us in user!

WHICH UNIVERSE

It's the last time Jake Lloyd spoke to her as a good friend.

but user, he's currently spinning.

SPINNING IN MY SKIN
LUCAS WON'T LET ME HEAL

youtube.com/watch?v=GIB20vIQVdE

>someone unironically made this 4 years ago

because they fell for the reddit letter media meme

youtube.com/watch?v=9O_LqIi_j2A

>the closest we'll get to /straight shota/
BRUH

>Honestly though remove Anakin and Jar Jar and its a solid movie.
No it isn't. It lacks characters and a coherent story.

Its not too bad for a 30 year old flick.

It seems most people posting in this thread like it faggot

I was having a wank m8 and you killed it.

Why do you faggots reply to this shit like clockwork?

OP could have just posted the poster and it would have been guaranteed replies.

I like the second one so it felt right to kill it user.

Because it's on tv.

user, We Believe you.

also this, now that starwars is on tv again, it will get talked about even more.

stop trying to fit in tourist

Five threads a day.

Five fucking threads a day.

DUDE WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH AUTISM ON Cred Forums LMAO

Technically that is still less than the constant tfa shitposting.

Everything is

I think it unnerves people when people genuinely like the prequels, like it eats at them. There is just something beautiful and honest about the vitriol.

Good point.

It only triggers reddit

He's not a character at all. He's just there, like a cow.

Reddit loves the prequels, specially /r/starwars. They'll defend them tooth and nail.

So what you're saying is..you're a redditor?

No, but all prequel apologists came from there.

How do you know the opinion of /r/starwars, you fucking redditor?

Its very good actually. Kino even.

Because I know you came from there, you fucking hypocrite, otherwise you wouldn't be defending those pieces of shit. That whole "rethinking the prequels" and the ring theory horseshit came from there.
Get the fuck out of my board.

How hard did you kino at the movie while watching it? I kino'd several hundred times. I had to change my boxers afterwards.

But how would know if you didn't browse said section of reddit, you filthy fucking atheist? Checkmate, nigger :^)

leave faggot

Well I can't speak for all apologists but I've never been there, I love the prequels and was here way before.

I think you're trying to conflate people who love prequels without any other evidence than anecdotal shit you pulled out of your ass.

So as an user who loves the prequels, unironically, who has been here so long it is embarrassing to talk about. I think you're just a filthy redditor trying to spread your nasty influence all over our beautiful xenophobic lord's board.

fuck off reddit

Get got, faggot

If you were indeed here, you'd have noticed some 4 or 5 years ago those movies were unanimously reviled in this here fine board. But you have to save pics of the sakuracon trailer with the wrong filename from "classic meme" threads to pretend and pretend.
You're either some attention-deprived retard who uses the prequels to troll people or some retard from that site. I'm going with the latter.

screencaps or gtfo

Why do you need proof of that? I thought you were here since 2009, hence the girugamesh guy.
You're a phony, get the fuck out of my board.

Not at all user, I spent most of my time not bringing it up because Lucas hadn't sold the universe yet and pissed off a chunk of his fanbase for giving up on it.

And then TFA happened, while I won't conflate the love of prequels, the new things disney has done has made the atmosphere better for the previous series and gives it something to compare it with.

That is all you have noticed. Change forces people to think about things that happened, just like it did for OT people.

Change doesn't happen in a vacuum. People think it is out of contrarianism. While I cannot speak for the others, I feel enough people grew up with them and found something they loved in them even if it isn't perfect, hell the OT isn't perfect either.

You had people constantly on the attack which gave little room for people to voice their opinion. the new movies have given so much material, cloak and cover that it found ripe soil here and elsewhere.

That wasn't me user, but thanks for not jumping to conclusions.

Why do you put those symbols at the end of your posts?

top wew

I liked duel of the dates and thr music for it. In terms of cinematography thst was actually very cool

>it isn't coming from a source of contrarianism.
That has yet to be proven.

You love the phantom menace because you saw it with your dad when you were 4. That's it. They are O B J E C T I V E L Y poorly made films.

TFA is not a perfect film, but it's very competently made. The only reasons to pretend it's shit are biases from outside of the film itself, like "hurr durr muh disney jews muh muh muh george's autistic vision" or absolutely plebiean bitching about trite plot details, like why the political situation of the galaxy isn't explored or, my favorite, "a bloo bloo why is Rey is so powerful in the Force muh mary sue"

And that wasn't 09 user, that was 07/08, gilgamesh was all over Cred Forums at end of 07, the law and order/dundun shit was 08.

This board was created in 09 but I didn't start coming here till after the lost phase and honestly this place after midnight was a disgusting, nasty pedophile playground. The waifucaust and lack of harem threads definitely didn't diminish people's capacity to shitpost.

Not me either, you done fucked up.

wtf I love focus group approved films by jews now

>And that wasn't 09 user, that was 07/08, gilgamesh was all over Cred Forums at end of 07, the law and order/dundun shit was 08.
That kid is literally from the sakura con '09 ad, you blithering fuckwad.

Oh boy, "this" faggot again.

I love lolicon!
youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4

Don't forget the new characters made no sense and they betrayed the old characters as well.

You could make a bias/nostalgia argument except I was a teenager during the prequels. So I would hope I was more objective than that but if you're getting into the minutia of bias and trying to pull that apart instead of accepting that I knew how I felt then and now..you're going to be in the weeds of abstract thought arguments without a basis to discuss it either way.

You have to take it on faith that it isn't out of contrarianism the same way I have to take it on faith that you care enough to waste an hour of your life talking to me about this.

Is it true? Acta non verba. I've been defending the prequels since the beginning of this thread and either on a thematic level, ideas or execution, I still love them as movies.

if I was trying to argue auteur theory or something then yeah you might have a point. I think since I don't have a breakdown or consensus poll of other people that enjoy the prequels that I only have how I feel as a basis for this argument in an anonymous environment. Beyond that how could you argue otherwise?

Agree to disagree with me but that is where we both are currently.

It was on Cred Forums definitely before 09'

>honestly this place after midnight was a disgusting, nasty pedophile playground. The waifucaust and lack of harem threads definitely didn't diminish people's capacity to shitpost.
>was

>autism
I see, you are just shitposting. 4/10 thanks for playing.

see
Also girugamesh disbanded.

Reminder that George Lucas spared Han Solo because he was afraid it would affect toy sales and had Lawrence Kasdan rewrite the entire last third of the script

Reminder that George Lucas bullied Richard Marquand out of the director's chair on RotJ and then had him blacklisted from Hollywood because he didn't follow his exact orders on set, causing Marquand to have a mental breakdown.

Reminder that the Ewoks were made to appeal to children and spawn a spin-off TV franchise

Reminder that the excessive usage of green and blue screen was done explicitly so George didn't have to actually direct the movie

Reminder that Darth Vader was made Space Jesus and the Clone Wars were made up of an army of Boba Fett clones made from a Boba Fett clone because he allowed their popularity in the outside context of the fandom and toy sales to affect their presence within the universe

Star Wars has ALWAYS been a cash cow franchise, but it was even worse under Lucas if you can actually take the Cred Forums or nostalgia goggles off.

Also using photo dump pictures from Cred Forums photo dump threads wouldn't have been as convincing. Or various word change filters like jabroni or other wrestling shit, or any of the other stupid shit that happened like habbo or failed scientology/chanology shit or anything else you want to talk about.

>a bloo bloo bloo why didn't Han and Luke Leia live happily ever after like my 8 year old headcanon said they did

>why did Finn kill the stormtroopers trying to kill him? WTF????
>Dude why is Kylo Ren evil? Did his wife die in childbirth too?

without people being there, their was many threads at a single time, full of naked children. words alone do not paint the picture correctly.

having some pedophile aspie posting a single photo and getting banned isn't the same thing at all.

itty bitty baby

>You have to take it on faith that it isn't out of contrarianism
I'm not the other user, but I believe you. You like the prequels, and that's fine, but liking the prequels means you've got a serious case of the shit taste. This being Cred Forums, I think you're exactly where you belong.

Disney is making a new star wars movie every year. They are basically going to milk starwars till its dead.

I mean who wants to see a boba fett or han solo movie? Get fucking real

I am okay with you thinking I have shit taste, and thank you for seeing that.

People who love the prequels can do so honestly and openly now. When this happened, more of us came out of the woodwork and changed the environment.

Even people that meme and prequel post have to love them enough to keep doing it every day. I don't think it is about contrarianism at all.

A true contrarian would be doing it through the OT, not the prequels. That is how you would undermine and ruffle feathers at least from my point of view.

>Even people that meme and prequel post have to love them enough to keep doing it every day.
Personally, I appreciate them the same way I appreciate Manos: the hands of fate. It was such a trainwreck I had fun in spite of the film.

I do, I always found the characters that weren't the jedi the most interesting. Jedi are kind of overpowered and lame, I want to see all that smuggling and blaster fights and creepy aliens.

They're what would happen if Tommy Wiseau got a billion dollars.

>Disney is making a new star wars movie every year. They are basically going to milk starwars till its dead.

If the movies are good, who the fuck cares? I'm not completely sold on the Disney Star Wars universe yet, let's see how Rogue One and episode VIII turn out, but TFA is objectively a better opening movie and revival of Star Wars than The Phantom Menace, and if you think otherwise you're likely underage and don't even have tangible memories of seeing TPM in the theater, just the warm feelings of seeing it with dad.

and let's remember that the only reason the prequels got made in the first place is due to the sales of the Thrawn trilogy and the 1993 Hasbro toy line, where George saw he was still sitting on top of a gold mine.

It's not about living happily ever after. Luke would never abandon his friends like that and even if Han and Leia broke up he wouldn't go back to being some pov smuggler with a piece of shit ship.

>the only reason the prequels got made in the first place is due to the sales of the Thrawn trilogy and the 1993 Hasbro toy line, where George saw he was still sitting on top of a gold mine.
Eh, not really. Remember that Lucas went through a rather awful divorce where he lost half of his shit. He needed to make those movies.

Making movie without jedi isn't the issue. Recasting Han and doing a background story on him is pathetic.

>Recasting Han and doing a background story on him is pathetic.
Why? Firefly was great.

>a bloo bloo bloo not muh infantile idealized versions of the characters not muh EU

oh fuck off.

So if Quigon and Obiwan both needed to go through the planet core to reach the city why did the droids park on the other side of the planet instead of right outside the city

This. You guys never set up a military blockade around the playground in order to secure a Charizard?

>numale marvel cuck wants to make Star Wars, Avengers 2.0

This is why I cant take 20yrold redditors seriously

THE PLANET CORRE

>that time Paul let slip he had some holographic bulbasaur and geodude straight from Japan
>in moonrunes and everything
Oh we blockaded the fuck out of him.

If he was the creative auteur he always told everyone he was, he would have made those arthouse films he always said he was going to make. Instead, he went back to Star Wars, while at the same time he blamed star wars for ruining his life, then got indignant when the fans didn't like the shit movies he farted out. THEN, he cut and run by selling the franchise to Disney for a huge payout, and then proceeded to act like a child and compare Disney to """""white slavers""""" as if they stole the franchise from him.

Lucas is a fucking pathetic LITERAL cuckold. I don't know how ANYONE fucking defends him.

okay, I laughed. A little. youtube.com/watch?v=9ZS13ZZIef0

Nobody has ever taken you seriously, fattie.

You're probably just being a faggot but TFA pretty much retcons all of their arcs for no reason but to dumb the movie down for fucking retards

>lack of quads
>shit opinion
loving every laff

>This is apparently a bad thing
Retconning the EU was the BEST part of TFA.

pretend? I didn't know I was doing that when I dismissed it on all its faults.

How was Qui gon planning to warn the people of Naboo about the invasion? Was he just going to use force speed to run over there and beat the droids?

Also why didn't Obi wan use force speed to reach Darth Maul

go to die u fuck

>not muh Luke Skywalker
>hurr durr retcon!

I swear to god, the fucking villain of the movie is made to be a pathetic weakling who puts Vader's head on a pedestal because he doesn't actually understand Star Wars, and these faggots STILL exist within the fandom.

I'm talking about return of the jedi faggot

You have yet to prove that it is, mongoloid. Unless you mean to tell me you can read minds over the internet?

I didn't say anything to indicate anything you posted

Why so defensive user? Have you been found out?

1 and 2 were ok, 3 was good, 4-6 were great

7 was dogshit

>Luke Skywalker wouldn't do that, I think he would do this
>Han Solo wouldn't do that, I think he would do this
>Leia wouldn't do that, she would be doing this
>Therefore it's a retcon, so it's terrible

You're claiming ownership of the characters of the original trilogy and then sperging the fuck out when it doesn't meet your standards, just like Kylo is attempting to do with Darth Vader

TFA is a fucking movie about Star Wars itself and how people interpret its cultural impact

Cred Forums amnesia in action. We hated it before The Force Awakens but now in comparison it doesn't look that bad

In comparison TFA is a million times better. You must have brain damage if you think the shit in the prequels is better.

I'm not claiming any ownership. The characters and events in tfa don't fit in with what was previously established.

>The characters and events in tfa don't fit in with what was previously established.

Explain it then, faggot, and without resorting to "I don't like that Han went back to smuggling after suffering a mid life crisis and raising Hitler Jr."

>TFA is a move about SW itself and how people interpret it

Save it with your fucking meta you retard apologist.

TFA is a retcon because Disney burned Lucas' ideas for what the story actually was, and has also in all probability scrapped the Skywalker-centrism of the main movies.

There was a female lead (Kira) and they didn't even have the decency to keep her name, they were so bent on distancing themselves from George Lucas' ideas.

On paper, of course, anything can be bought, including IP. But that's just the right to print a label without getting sued.

Disney Star Wars is the result of a bunch of executives/writers turning their back on Lucas' vision for his Universe, so its basically expensive fanfiction as far as fans should be concerned.

Why have a canon at all if its being decided by anyone but the original author?

(The one possible exception to this is Christopher Tolkien, but that's a separate thing).

I unironically love the prequels, I don't give a fuck what anyone says, I think they're great films. Jar Jar isn't even bad, and in fact is amusing and a likable underdog. Even Hayden Christensen's acting isn't that bad. Nothing anyone can say will ever change my mind and stop me from enjoying them. The Force Awakens is good too.

>Lucas' vision for his Universe
Lucas' vision was poisoned a long time ago. We've been over this.

Hear, hear.

>muh Lucas created Star Wars meme

do you know how many people edited and outright rewrote his original script?

Fuck off, people who say this pseudointellecutal auteur theory drivel don't know anything about the actual creation of Star Wars.

Contrarian is the favorite buzzword of non-meme autists when they're confounded by the idea that people might not be pretending to have opinions that differ from theirs.

When those opinions are so godawful, you will often be given the benefit of the doubt and called a contrarian. It's compliment user. The alternative is you're fucking retarded.

>What exactly is the problem with midichlorians?

Magical space bacteria that give people super powers.

and yet you're the one in the minority, here.

>people liking the prequels
>majority
You ok user?

That's not so.

>here

Even in this thread, you'd be hard pressed to call yourself the majority. On the other hand, if this thread is the only place where you can say that, that's really sad.

Literal, unironic autism.

I would argue otherwise but without a large sample size, it would be hard to say one way or the other.

Literal butt frustration.