There was a Star Wars marathon on tv today

There was a Star Wars marathon on tv today.

Why didn't he ask other people for help after Phantom Menace was so hated?

He did, he hired a screenwriter to help him write Attack of the Clones.

He asked heaps of people to help before TFM but no one would.

But the diaglog was worse in Attack of the Clones?

He had issues with various academies over the way he handled the trilogy which is why he ended up mending fences with people he pissed off over the decades.

and the other people that would have suffered through to work with him anyway, those that could have helped were worried it would damage their careers.

It is a loved series that kills peoples careers when they try to do stuff after it.

Yes, unfortunately it turned out that you can't polish turds

I don't have much hope for episode 8 but at least it wont be another jj shit stain.

Is this true? Did he really ask people to help and he refused??

They**

He had basically been blacklisted from the industry and no one would work with him. He got them made using his massive wealth and private production studio, basically.

I didn't know that. What did he do?

He rebelled

Kek

He did what he wanted, and they went after the people that stuck with lucas.

Wtf does that mean?

It means user is fucking nuts.

*the delivery

The dialogue was actually extremely good.

From the moment I met you, all
those years ago, a day hasn't gone
by when I haven't thought of you.
And now that I'm with you again,
I'm in agony. The closer I get to
you, the worse it gets. The
thought of not being with you- I
can't breathe. I'm haunted by the
kiss you should never have given
me. My heart is beating, hoping
that kiss will not become a scar.
You are in my very soul,
tormenting me. What can I do? I
will do anything you ask...

Note that I think the delivery is good too.
Most people don't though.

The problem with starwars is in order to keep it feeling like starwars it has to have that kinetic energy in the scenes which makes pacing an issue and causes actors to have to work at a different beat than normal.

The OT was built with this in mind, prequels copied this but it wasn't the same as Irvin directing them for dialogue.

Why are we still here... just to suffer?

Jews tried to fuck up Irvin Kershner for not putting credits at the start of empire.

Not sure that I can tell quite what you're getting at, but I think ANH is superior to ESB, and I think the prequels definitely feel like ANH.

But more importantly, I think they are far more ambitious than the OT.

>inb4 bad CG
If obvoius matte lines don't take someone out of the OT, thwy should care about bad CG.

As George said, "special effects are just a tool to tell a story, and special effects without a story are a pretty boring thing."
I think he told an amazing story as well as he could.

>The Directors Guild of America fined Lucas for refusing to have a standard title sequence in his Star Wars films. After paying the fine, he quit the guild. This made it hard for him to find a director for some of his later projects. According to some, he wanted his friend Spielberg to direct some of the later Star Wars movies, but as a member of the guild Spielberg may have been unable to do so. Spielberg has repeatedly stated that Lucas consciously did not let him direct any Star Wars films, despite the fact that Spielberg wanted to. Other directors Lucas pursued to aid him were David Lynch and David Cronenberg, both of whom declined.

of course user.

If you watch the dialogue delivery in various starwars movies, they're always trying to do more with less. Entire movies have been cut for pacing. Dialogue that fleshs out characters, ideas all cut for pacing.

If you look at outlines for movies, novelizations. huge chunks of dialogue, were cut, look at sheer amount of deleted scenes and Lucas controlled every facet of production from conception to movies ending up in stores and he still had huge amounts of stuff that never made it into the movies.

I feel like Lucas was trying to spare his friend. It could also be like how people are when they work in a family business. It can cause issues all on its own.

wow. On paper, it fucking works.

That's written for a song lyric. Who would actually say this?

Maybe they should have turned Ep. II into a musical, then it would have at least made sense.

Star Wars is space OPERA you dingus.

He must've taken some fucking long lunches.

C'mon, don't you see the pottery in it?

>I exist only to shitpost
oh it shoahs
*tips nigger semen*