Truly

This Cantina pottery scene>TFA Cantina rip off scene

unironically

I'm inclined to agree with you

eh

>Jamal
>Not "Mace"

You had one job, OP Wan Kenobi.

This actually had merit, while the TFA cantina scene was only there because JJ had no better idea + orange yoda "a good question, for another time"

Reminder that this was a set.

Scenes with Obi wan in them > Scenes without Obi wan in them

Jedi's need to have some actual style. Yoda had his weird energy in the OT. Obi had his gentleman-from-a-bygone-era thing.

Even Anakin had a kind of psychopathic confidence.

You could see in ROTJ how Luke was slowly becoming different from everyone else. Like Dr Manhatten in Watchmen, he was seeing behind the veil and it was changing him.

Even if Leia hadn't been his sister he still wouldn't have cared about her and Han, he was in the process of transcending.

We're yet to see anything in the Disney Trilogy like that.

Likeable characters, maybe, but not eccentric/unique enough for believable Jedi.

>one of the charachters' name is basically "Mac Windows"
Did Jorge try at all?

My man.
What you're talking about is exactly why only Lucas can be the architect of Star Wars.
He brought that X factor.

>Han Solo
>Solo
>because he goes his own way
Did Jorge try at all?

Yeah, that monastic, maybe buddhist, sort of feeling is totally missing

It's because he masturbates with one hand.

>Sleazebaggano

What did George mean by this?

So? Thats what movies require. Sets. Big fucking deal. I know its a big deal when it comes to the prequels though.

>"You want to go home kill yourself"
Auralnauts have utterly ruined the prequels forever for me

Take a drink and chill out, Mike.

We'll probably get it with Luke in episode VIII though. He's living on some deserted rock on a deserted planet, which keeps in tune with OT Yoda and Obi Wan.

>which keeps in tune with
*blatantly copies by character assassinating Luke

How is it character assassinating Luke? I'm sure they will fuck him up somehow in the sequel, but so far what we have seen of him (all five seconds) has been okay.

TFA already ruined him.
I hate typing... but here goes.
The point of Star Wars after al six moves was that the Jedi order fell because of their outdated philosophies. Among them, romance being forbidden, which becomes their downfall when Anakin is forced to turn to Palpatine with his fear of Padme's death after Palps manipulates him into not trusting the Jedi.
The Jedi essentially kill themselves by being afraid of what they perceive as the dark side.

Before we get to how my final point, lets notice a moment of pottery.
-in episode 2 we see the (arguably) original divergent point in Anakin's life where he starts down the path that leads to destruction.
It's when he disobey's the council by going back to Tattooine to save an attachment, in this case his mother. This leads to him slaughtering the Sandpeople. Rage.
Now we come to Luke.
In episode 5, Luke makes the same choice as Anakin, he betrays the council (Yoda and Obi) to go rescue his own attachments, in this case Han and Leia.
But the difference is that he hadn't been poisoned by the Jedi's sterile lifestyle.
Yoda says
>if you leave now help them you could, but you would destroy all that you have worked for

Now notice when we start the final film, Return of The Jedi, Luke is wearing black.
He has married light and dark.
He has attachments, and he is not torn between them and the order because their is no order. Luke is a new breed of Jedi.
He's a Jedi as they should have been.
Under Luke's philosophy, Anakin would not have been driven insane with fear and guilt.

Star Wars is the story of the Jedi finding redemption.

*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
>hi i'm JJ abrams

>Luke and his entire order got rekt by a little Anakin 2.0 kid offsscreen in between movies and Luke ran and hid on a rock in the ass end of nowhere just because we need him to be the hermit Obi Wan character because money even though it ruins Luke, and it ruins Star Wars.

*post post ironic mic drop*

star wars was actually about ben kenobis memory problems and people humoring him.

AotC is so damn putrid except for Obi Wan. Can't tell if TFA is worse or not.

We're there even any aliens aside from Lucas' daughter in fat twi'lek makeup in the AotC nightclub? Maz Kanata's castle was pretty disappointing but there were a ton of cool creature designs like that big thing with the harlequin girl perched on it, or the creepy female robot, and the giant obvious puppet Mosquitos.

Tbf, we're only one movie in. At this point the only character better than its ANH counterpart is Kylo Ren. ANH Vader was just a big goon and had zero personality. Most of his on screen presence was made in ESB.

There were tons. Mr. Sleazebaggano himself was an Andorian nigger.

>I find your lack of faith disturbing
>not a defining Vader moment