Why do plebs always use the word "pretentious" ?

Why do plebs always use the word "pretentious" ?

Because they grew up being taught that cynicism = criticism

>Sleep is a 1963 American film by Andy Warhol consisting of long take footage of John Giorno, his close friend at the time, sleeping for five hours and 20 minutes.

I agree that the word is overused, and often times means someone didn't "get it," but word should I use for trash like this? Valueless? Imbecilic? Asinine? Pretentious is the exact word that.should be used.

what word*

i guess it is depend on the context
if he was set out and tell people it is some kind of arty film then it is truly pretentious, but if it was just for shit and giggle then it is asinine

well, it means trying to act smarter than you are, and teevee, with their poor comprehension skills and eggshell thin ego cannot live with the thought of anyone being smarter than themselves so there you go: everything becomes "pretentious"

Because many pieces of media have pretensions of possessing qualities they do not actually have.

Why is Twin Peaks so overrated?

Incorrect.

Back to school please.

It's an American thing. Basically anything that requires any amount of thought that could potentially distract them from stuffing their faces with salt and fat will make them feel insecure about their sub-retard IQ levels. Rather than admit that they're too stupid to understand a film, they dismiss it as pretentious and go back to watching the latest capeshit.

so there is no such thing as a pretentious film?

It's tricky trying to apply the label of pretentious to a film, because it has more to do with the intent of the filmmaker.
OP's question was not about that though, it was specifically about the people using the word.

(you)

>hurr durr everyone is cynical but me

That's because you liberal SJWs are a bunch of stupid pretentious hypocrites who never know what the fuck you constantly even bitch about, and you're constantly bitching. You never shut the fuck up with your pretentious indoctrinated self entitled bullshit.

it means "i don't get it so nobody should like it"
but sometimes music or movies can actually be pretentious

now THIS was pretentious

Why do intellectual try-hards use the word plebeian constantly? Are you truly patrician, or is it all ego?

give it a rest would you?

they have find a way to feel somehow superior

Pretentious means to try and make something look more important than it is. So I guess a movie where the creator produces something fairly generic but tries to convince people it's somehow revolutionary would be pretentious.

Same reason pretentious people always use the word "pleb"

Not many people here understand that. Something like Batman vs Superman is pretentious, it appears to be profound on the surface despite being empty on the inside.

People here just say anything that's non linear or doesn't follow a generic hollywood formula is pretentious

Seems like you are the one constantlty bitching, I would take you serious if you did as well.

>muh nostalgia
>muh lynch
>muh l8 80's/early 90's comfiness

Kids just love Lynch.

They don't yet have the knowledge to see how inauthentic and derivative his work is.

people here are the lowest product of their generations.

>lynch
>inauthentic

Literally the most wrong statement i have ever heard, do you even do transcendental meditation bro?

You'll see when you're older, kiddo.

Your use of "kiddo" makes me think that you are a self-important know-it-all who in fact knows nothing. Can you explain your deep understanding of Twin Peaks O red pilled master.

they're insecure

>red pilled master

CRIIIIINGE

>projecting: the post

derivative of whom?

Kubrick