Penny Dreadful

Just got done with half of season 1 and actually ended up liking it. I went in this not expecting much since these types of gothic horror period pieces aren't my thing. But I have legitimately enjoyed this season so far.

Does it get worse or better next season? What do you anons think?

first and second season GOAT.
third season is terrible, really, watch it if you want and pretend afterwards that the series only has two seasons.

Why is S3 so terrible? Does the writing quality take a dive or something?

they alienate the characters into groups and then they get dispersed accross the world (?), they reunite at the end of the season, one of them dies (TWIST!), and in the end the whole season looks like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, something they avoided the first two seasons when the series were good.
i think that HBO told them that Penny would end in S3, so they writer rushed everything and killed the character out of despise, a total disaster and the writing is a joke.
you can like it but in contrast with the first/second season the mess is even more obvious.
the last season fucked everything they built in the first part.

Penny Dreadful is a Showtime show, not HBO

and?

Ferdinard Lyle best girl

yeah, i can't believe we won't see the Imhotep arc they teased.

S1 was good, S2 got bad really quick and S3 is almost unwatchable.

Biggest drop in quality ever.

What do you mean, "and"? You incorrectly said HBO told them the show would end...it's a Showtime show...

i am pointing out your autism user.

The fuck are you talking about? The show is a Showtime program not an HBO one you dumb faggot

>S3 is almost unwatchable.
I gotta say for all the retardedness of S3 there are some fucking magnificent performances, Billie Piper and Roy Kinnear especially. Whoever thought Billie would be such a good actress.

Billie has always been pretty good.

It takes a damn nose dive. Marathon'd it over about a weekan I can tell you now that season three will leave you with a horrible taste in your mouth, especailly because they could have done so much with it.

the actors are top notch, the episode with kinnear and Green in the nuthouse is great.
sadly they don't give a fuck afterwards in the story, what a shitty season.
pic related

I dont understand why you keep calling me autistic for pointing out a fact about who produces and distributes the show. You are being really fucking retarded. Im gonna guess you are just trying to fit in, kiddo we call things autistic if they actually are.

shit show kys

Thanks for the constructive tv criticism on the tv and film board

you are correcting something that doesn't change a bit of what i was saying, i am making fun of you, and yet you continue posting and getting bitter and bitter.
and i need to explain this to you.
truly a 4channer.

honestly you just seem like an idiot

>point out one thing you said wrong
>spam that the other user is autistic
>despite that user being correct

He's not the one with autism, mate. You are literally posting like a tryhard faggot

God, you talk like such a reddit sperg

Bump

Bump

Bump