Kanye said that this movie is good, but it looks like weebshit. What do, Cred Forums?

Kanye said that this movie is good, but it looks like weebshit. What do, Cred Forums?

It's the Ulysses of anime. Anyone who says they get it on their first viewing is lying.

I don't understand why Cred Forums is so shit

Why would you ever doubt Kanye you triple-nigger? He's right about literally everything.

It's great if you like anime, it's dated however the things that made it groundbreaking them have been surpassed now but that doesn't mean it's not worth a viewing. It's animation has a great atmosphere is great and so is the soundtrack. The plots a little lacking so don't expect nothing spectacular and the characters are pretty one note.

But it's a solid 7/10 give it a watch OP

>weebshit

Its the story of a kid having an existential crisis in the middle of the emergence of psychic abilities. He lashes out at those he sees as having belittled him. It just ends up turning into a catastrophic incident that basically destroys a city. At the same time it shows how earnest friendship can be, even when it seems people aren't always being friendly.

If it was a bunch of white kids on a Youtube video screaming at each other in broken Japanese while after effect explosions went off, then it would be weebshit.

Sorry ment It's animation is great. And the atmosphere is great*

you forgot that it shows

>ineficient and corrupt goverment that is slow to take decitions
>sects
>the reconstrution of the country after wars and the good economics
>teen gangs (biker gangs with shitty bikes were really popular in the 80 in japan)

Is this another Kino women will never understand?

Akira is mankino. Only males will understand

Oh please. There's little 'to get' from Akira the movie. It's not an incredibly cerebral movie. The plot is rushed & muddled but that doesn't detract from the wonderful animation, style, & soundtrack. It's an incredibly fun movie to watch.

>What do, Cred Forums?
kill kanye

Man I felt bad for her

If you avoid Japanese movies cause they're weebshit, you didn't deserve to see them at all.

the hell? that literally looks like extreme G

What's not to get?

Puberty as an allegory for human progress into the 21st century and globalization.

Akira is basically the anime equivalent of Blade Runner here. It sorts out the pleb faggots from real men who enjoy cyberkino.

It's not just weebshit

It is the BEST weebshit.

Akira is better than Blade Runner.

It's up there, not sure if I'd say it's better.
Akira's main issue is that the story is incomplete. It's half of a story that was already being told at the time, and it's too late for a sequel now anyways.

That 'Akira's story is incomplete' meme needs to die. I read the manga, everything post-happening is shit and the movie does a far better job of handling Kaneda and Tetsuo's relationship. In the manga they hardly even have one because the focus is drawn away by so much inconsequential action.

There are no loose ends at the end of Akira.

>tfw the movie end and you hear the kaneda's theme in the credit for the first time in your life
shit was some one in a lifetime experience

You might not realize this, but black people are weebs.

It's still only half of the main story, though. Regardless of whether or not you like it.

>probably only know one thing from japan and it is mainstream as fuck to most people
>classified as weeb

this word doesn't mean much nowadays

The movie is its own story and it doesn't feel incomplete.

I heard once (on Cred Forums) that Kanye played hentai on a projector during a house party.

anime hentai or game hentai? and what game, that is very important

No idea, I never investigated the story.

>tfw Kanye plays Artificial Academy 2 and makes his own harem of celebrities he wants to fuck

taylor swift is the teacher

That sounds perfectly believable.

And Kim isn't in the game because shit, he already smashes that whenever he wants.

The animation and setting are top notch but the story is just complete nonsense and fails to engage the viewer on an emotional level.

Watch it for the spectacle, that's all I can say.

Then don't say anything because you're stupid and wrong.

Thats ONE interpretation.

Akira is more an allegory on power and nuclear arsenals.

Is it though? I never really got that from it. Obviously they use nuke imagery when people's powers flip the fuck out but aside from that what brings to mind nukes?

>"Get" Akira
Just stop

Nigga I love Akira but its pretty straight forward. What's not to get?

I have a decent amount of friends from the hood (Not a black neighborhood that sketches people out, like the HOOD First 48 filmed 30 episodes there hood) and they all love Anime. The amount of times I smoked a blunt with my dawg and he puts on an episode of Naruto are pretty staggering.
Just look at the Wu Tang for crying out loud.

>not reading the manga first

It has ugly characters and not enough SHADING. That's why it is shit compared to Gundam

Gundam has the sexiest characters

Niggas are crazy into anime tho.

Bring up Dragon Ball Z to a group of black folk and you'll get a more in-depth conversation about it than with any whitey.

>Dragon ball Z
>depth

Yeah, she really didn't deserve any of that shit. She was so adorably loyal and well meaning and she gets killed in one of the worst fucking ways in cinema.

Form your own opinions, you limp wristed cum guzzler.

That's what I'm saying

the movie is an overrated pile of shit made by someone who can't direct and as a result butchered his own source material.

read the manga instead. there's a reason otomo hasn't done a single noteworthy thing since besides maybe memories, which is held up by the segment he had basically nothing to do with.

inb4 "muh metropolis" and "but cannon fodder was actually good!" from retards who don't realize he just poorly rehashes the same ideas from akira that he only barely understands to begin with.

The movie only feels 'butchered' for someone who wanted to see all the manga events. As a movie alone the plot is simple but perfectly stands on it's own feet.
And sure, the characters are simple, but everything works around building an allegory, so off course they're simple.
It's a good movie, watch it.

Kanye would praise a hobo's dick cheese for a pair of sneakers

You shut your whore mouth. Metropolis is a fucking amazing movie.

Don't watch it because Kanye told you to. I watched it years after reading his tweet, and as a creative, I can see where his appreciation comes from. It has a very unique atmosphere and aesthetic, especially for the 80's.

Also:
>TESTUOOOOO

>tfw

How?

Why do you care what some shit rapper thinks? Just watch it, it's one of the most legendary animes for a reason

What about Roujin Z and Metropolis? And his contributions to Robot Carnival and Neo Tokyo?

weeb is used for literally every japanese thing, it has lost its meaning

>tfw Japan is gonna get normied the fuck out for the stupid fuckig Olympics.

I mean they sell loli tentacle rape doujins at newstands front and center, no way it's gonna fly.

IIRC, As Akira is summoned in the form of a giant Lovecraftian baby monster, she gets caught between its internal organs and crushed to death

BACK YOU GO!

Akira is a movie you stupid negro

Nu-Male Cuck.

>answering honestly to a troll
Good job

the comic is much better, the ending is shit either way though