This motherfucker lived for 3000 years after Sauron was destroyed and never ever bothered to look for the fucking ring...

This motherfucker lived for 3000 years after Sauron was destroyed and never ever bothered to look for the fucking ring after it had been lost following the death of Isildur?

What shoddy writing.

it took 10 years to gandalf to find what the bilbo ring was

I know which is bullshit too. Gandalf was sent to ME for one purpose alone, to fight Sauron. The pleb should have immediately known how to determine if it's the one ring.

The elves don't have that "get up, go and cease the day" attitude that humans have

And it's because they live for so long

Humans know they have a short life and so it means more for them to get things done in a short amount of time

Elves live a really long time and so they tend to be more mopy about life and also a good bit more depressed

In other words, Elves are niggers on welfare?

You might be thinking about gnomes

Filthy things

>Gandalf was sent to ME for one purpose alone, to fight Sauron. The pleb should have immediately known how to determine if it's the one ring.

You forget that Gandalf wasn't sent alone. He had four other cohorts. One of whom, was the foremost authority of Ring lore on middle earth. Problem with that, unfortunately, was that said authority betrayed his comrades and sought the power of the ring himself.

>Hey Frodo you know those dwarves who went with Bilbo to reclaim the lonely mountain? Well these are some of their corpses and skeletons here in Moria lol fancy that
t. Gandalf

They searched the Gladden Fields, where Isildur was slain, but were unable to find it. The Ring has something of a will of its own, if it did not want to be found, it would not be.

Then why did it let itself get found by Gollum

"ayy gaydolf member dat time we wuz gud franz n sheeit, ya fuck u too nigga kek"- dildo buttkins

because Gollum was weak, and greedy.

Everyone assumed the ring had passed down the river into the Sea and was lost forever

If Sauron was able to basically conquer middle earth even without having the ring, what did he really need it for anyway?

it was his birthday

There was never really a satisfactory answer for what the One Ring does. Basically it just somehow makes the wielder very powerful.

He could have won without it, but with it he would have just won much easier and without any doubt.

kek

Post the men are weak meme

can't check more replies, but this is why Marvel is so popular. there's no room for sublety or mystery, everything has to be within very well defined understandings.

It was ready to be found. Sauron had returned to Dol Guldur after four centuries' absence. Perhaps it expected Smeagol to take it directly there and not hide away under the Misty Mountains. After five centuries of waiting for Gollum to do something useful, it abandoned him for Bilbo.

Did you just fucking call me a pleb?

Okay here's one for you. If Sauron is so powerful why didn't he just bind his power into a buttplug?

How did Gandalf know the ring was once called precious by Gollum? How did he know Gollum even had it? Sure as fuck Bilbo didn't tell him.

>Sauron had returned to Dol Guldur after four centuries' absence.

I thought it was closer to 2000 years. Gollum's around 600 by LoTR, yes?

Found it

>Sure as fuck Bilbo didn't tell him.

Actually, he did.

When? Books aren't canon, only movies are

Ya right, why didnt he search for a tiny ring that could literally be anywhere in the world, probably buried overtime and in the water. What a retard. Hey user, I put a $100 bill somewhere, all I can tell you is that it's in the Eastern US. Go find it.

If I lived thousands of years I would be able to find it. Jokes on you, thanks for the cash.

It's the allegory for atomic power. Or at least to me it is. Hitler didnt need it to conquer most of Europe, but if he did have it he'd be nigh unstoppable. In LOTR, though, man resists the urge to use it and instead just beats him fair and square by rejecting it.

Kek

Fucking elves man, gas all those faggots

he was a busy man, he had shit to do

High Elves are the neets of all fantasy settings, that's why.

He's got time. It's not like he's doing anything more important.

No it's not you fucking mong

Tolkien himself shat on that particular idea and in allegory in general. The ring literally is just the temptation and the nature of evil

Well it works basically as a phylactery I guess sauron can't be definitely killed as long as it exists of top of making him controll all the other ring wielders.

Has anybody considered how eerily similar is Trump to Sauron?

When did Trump ever serve someone else or get mauled by a dog?

When did Sauron ever refuse to release his tax records?

If he needed it to control the other ring bearers why were the black riders still under his control.

What made the elves and dwarves throw away their rongs of power and what happened to them.

I think it's because the black riders had fallen so long ago and been corrupted that they are bound to him by more than just the ring.

>Elves live a really long time and so they tend to be more mopy about life and also a good bit more depressed
literally the opposite of the books

Anyone here played shadow of mordor? What if they made a feature film after of the events of the game.

No you wouldn't.

They haven't done the Silmarillion yet

Sauron has no anus.
Sid you even watch the FotR?

>What made the elves and dwarves throw away their rongs of power and what happened to them.

They didn't. The Elves kept theirs, save for Cirdan. He gave Narya to Gandalf when the Istari arrived on Middle Earth (and he had kept it hence). Other than that, Galadriel and Elrond had used the other two to maintain their way of life since the elves as a whole got fucked over because of Sauron during the second age.

The Dwarf rings were slowly recollected over the course of the third age. Though one or two were supposedly destroyed somehow.

And they were good friends.

It didn't, it let itself be found by Deagol.

But man didn't win without atomic power

In the fooking book he wrote.

He didn't need it, he just wanted it because it would have made shit easier for him.

Tolkien addresses this directly in the foreword. He says specifically that if the books were an allegory for world war the good guys would have used the ring against sauron.

dragons ate them

>dragons ate them

I knew at least one of them had something to do with a Dragon. Wasn't sure if it was all of them. Or even how many of them.

Then where would he put his other butplug you pleb?

Actually men did, amerifats didn't

4 were eaten by dragons, sauron recovered 3, last one in the dungeons of dol guldur from thrain