Why is adultery so common in suburban TV shows and films?

Why is adultery so common in suburban TV shows and films?

because adultery is common.

50% of marriages in the US end in divorce. A good portion as a result of infidelity on one or both sides.

rec me some good suburbs kino

Nothing else to do in the suburbs tbqh familamadingdong

I recently watched Little Children, it was pretty good

>Implying most divorces aren't from the same lot of people.

Because nothing happens in the suburbs except banal family drama

sexually repressed people living close together to other houses with only a thin, wooden fence to protect their intimacy. Gee.

I think it's a commentary on the values of the suburban dream. The idea is that it's not as perfect as it seems. American Beauty deconstructs it a bit too. But I've yet to see a show tackle the drug problem in the suburbs.

Do you know this or are you just parroting TV shows and films?

Because most people cheat. Nearly everyone I've been in a relationship with has cheated. Same thing with my friends. Girls and guys. People like to cheat. Sad but true.

And each successive marriage is more likely to fail than the last.

50% of marriages may end in divorce, but much fewer than 50% of married people get divorced. If a person is married three or four times in their life and gets divorced, they contribute three or four "marriages ended in divorce", while a couple that stays married their whole life can only contribute one "not ended in divorce."

1. Woman are whores and most tv shows are built for the female audience.

2. ((())) propaganda aimed at always portraying committed and monogamous relationships as unfulfilling.

Adultery is fun that's why

And?

You fucking fat autist cuck.

Precisely.

So when people bring up the marriage failure rate to discourage people or something, it's very important to look at the context and the silliness in which some people engage in serial monogamy.

Nothing to do in the suburbs. The kids are all on drugs and fucking and the adults are all on drugs and fucking

Because the "right" and "proper" way of doing things is a complete sham.

What the fuck is this bracket shit I see everywhere

most people cheat

It's "50% of first marriages", retard

It's much higher for 2nd and 3rd

Boredom is the devils playground.

Poltergeist

it's a common theme everywhere in the world because normies want to have sex with different people

If it's suburban, it's probably white people. What would it be about? Drug pushing, getting shot by the police, the father leaving/going to jail/being killed, theft, resisting authority, blaming white people for everything, doing "bidness", hos & pimps, etc? No. It's going to be about adultery because white people are just that boring.

Blue Velvet
The Ice Storm
The Virgin Suicides
A Serious Man
Little Children
Revolutionary Road

>it's a user doesn't realized that bored suburban wives and husbands sleep around episode.

Cause it's not uncommon and it's juicy.

That's a good point. Do you have a source on this?

>tfw no American beauty

All that shit goes on in the suburbs (maybe not the murder rate). People are just better at hiding it because they have financial resources and connections.

Ask your local police officer: there's a heroin epidemic going on and it's in the burbs.

Half of Linklater's movies

Kill yourself

maybe in cincinnati or something

most people cheat because most people can't fucking stand each other and their relationships are based purely on sexual attraction.

a mere 5% of people on the planet are actually meant to be a couple. everyone else is doomed

Suburban TV is aimed at middle-aged married people. Plus nothing bad happens in the suburbs, so adultery is as bad as it gets. You ever seen a horror movie convincingly done in the suburbs?

>tfw I live in Cincinnati

Weeds S1-3

No I will stay here. What are you gonna do about it you fucking cuck?

It's used by Jewish shills to imply antisemitism