I just watched this for the first time

I just watched this for the first time.

Wasn't a huge fan.

Am I wrong?

Yes

Ok.

Good talk, Cred Forums.

You could just form your own opinions ya know?

Oh, I have. I thought it was aggressively mediocre, and certainly not the best Mel Brooks movie.
It's just always considered such a comedy classic by the world at large, that I feel like I must have missed something.

that's fine, maybe it's just not for you, it's alright to like and dislike different things.

>I just watched this for the first time.
Millennial suspected
>Wasn't a huge fan.
Millennial confirmed
>Am I wrong?
Yes

Absolutely.
My favorite gag ended up being when the constable runs into them in the street, and puppeting the dead arm.

You are wrong, and you have no honor.

Blazing Saddles > Young Frankenstein

Not by much though. Blazing Saddles is a different kind of humor. Doesnt rely on gags as much as racist shit.

This is my second favorite brooks flick behind space balls

now get the fuck out

>Space Balls

Easily his plebbest and Reddetist movie.

if you went into this with no knowledge of the golden age of classic black and white horror movies, then you wont get much out of it.

Mel Brooks is a fucking hack. Everything he's done has been shit.

It was a pioneer.

Even the best comedy films age extremely quickly because unlike every other medium they rely on not being just by the numbers.

The ones that are still considered greats are often tied with a dramatic plot or important message (or are an excellent case study of a concept or idea that was relevant at the time), or have a style so unique nobody has ever attempted to replicate it to the extent where it becomes its own genre.

But yes I generally agree it's not even his own best work.

go to bed Mohammed

Most of Mel Brooks outside Blazing Saddles straddles this really awkward line between dated, corny comedy and modern crude absurdity. To me it's really frustrating to watch at times, half of Young Frankenstein is hilarious and the other half puts me to sleep

for me pretty much everything after putting on the ritz puts me to sleep.

But Airplane is hilarious regardless if you've seen the movies it's parodied. A good comedy is funny for long time.

As much as I adore Gene Hackman the whole blind man thing is horrible. If I remember it goes that, then a bit later the Putting on the Ritz which does nothing for me, then the same "lol he has a big dick" joke Brooks did in Blazzing Saddles for the finale. A real nosedive in quality

Mel Brooks certainly has a style. Some people are not fond of his style of comedy. I mean, i like his movies alright but i don't laugh out loud watching them.

I mainly jerked off to Young Frankenstein.

I found it enjoyable, but I can understand why it isn't for everyone. It's pretty damn dry.

mel brooks is a fucking hack who's never written a funny word in his life

Frau Blücher