So I just watched Watchmen for the first time (grew up in a very religious household so I missed out on most movies...

So I just watched Watchmen for the first time (grew up in a very religious household so I missed out on most movies before 2011) and I was wondering... What was his fucking problem?

He saw the big picture

Checked.
He did nothing wrong

His problem was preventing the world from destroying itself

4u

Obviously he didn't, he was autistic as fuck about it
>welp, gotta kill a few million people because that will stop a global nuclear holocaust WWIII that's going to happen down the line anyway because it's human nature
See above.
The problem is he didn't, he just delayed it. Once Dr. Manhattan left and was gone for a few generations, guess what? They're going to go right back to being at each other's throats.

>>welp, gotta kill a few million people because that will stop a global nuclear holocaust WWIII that's going to happen down the line anyway because it's human nature

This logic is inherently absurd. Should we allow ISIS to run rampant just cuz 'lol war is inevitable!'

>This logic is inherently absurd. Should we allow ISIS to run rampant just cuz 'lol war is inevitable!'
>ISIS
>a threat
>not a byproduct of starting wars in the middle east in the first place and destabilizing governments plus flat out arming terrorist groups
Loool

kys

a real hero would find ways to stop em without any blood shed

Or would have ended the pain and let the world's powers destroy themselves. We are born to suffer and die, why let the suffering last just that much longer?

Ozymandias is a hubristic fool. His plan was always too grandiose to conceal, I mean it's implied all his work will unravel with the publishing of Rorschach's journal.

He's the definition of a person too sure of himself.

To be fair, he probably had a huge dick though. Also the literal
>we wuz kangz n shit

Marveldrone detected

>muh contrived hard decisions

>there are always perfect solutions

This is why I hate Marvel, it creates a bunch of adults that can't deal with the real world.

I wasn't even that guy, just pointing out that you're as retarded as he is. Adrian's solution was a temporary one at best. Within a couple of decades things would return back to normal but they'd probably weaponize research about Dr. Manhattan and in the process make even more powerful weapons

>Within a couple of decades things would return back to normal

So why do anything, ever, right?

>maybe in the future they might have could have possibly done something that might be bad

No, not my point. Just don't go around killing tens of millions of people for a solution that will only last 20 fucking years. I mean this faggot had decades to come up with something better.
Would you say that about nuclear weapons? That if you wanted to stop the proliferation of them that you shouldn't try to stop people from developing them because a nuclear exchange "could" happen in the future?

To what lengths should you go to prevent nuclear proliferation?

Take out the Syrian government cause they are an important ally to Iran?

What about developing ICBM interception systems and continue the M.A.D. policy about nukes.

Humanity would be too scared of comeback of Dr Manhattan anyway. Thats the point

He was gay and full of self-loathing. It manifested in delusions of grandeur and crackpot plans to save humanity, when in actual fact it was a way to redeem himself according to his own high standards.

>I mean it's implied all his work will unravel with the publishing of Rorschach's journal.

In the comic it's also implied that he had such a shitty handwriting that only he could read it though.

Missle defense and MAD are mutually exclusive

He's literally Trump, he was saving America and did the right thing.

MAGA 2016

HES A FUCKING WHITE MALE

HES A WHITE MAN

Kys. Ironic Trump posting us cancer

But Dr. Manhattan wouldn't come back for decades if not longer and by then public interest would wane