What was the point in this movie? To show us Laura Palmer was a drug addict slut? We already knew that...

What was the point in this movie? To show us Laura Palmer was a drug addict slut? We already knew that, why did we need a whole 2 hour movie showing us this?

it was to show twin peaks from her perspective, don't forget that lynch loves to make films about women in trouble too.

>2 hour movie

He hasn't seen the 3 hours and a half version.

show = dale's journey
movie = laura's

>putting 3 star review on the cover
man this movie had seen some hard times

Holy shit I didn't even notice that
WHY

It is her perspective and her perspective is a horror film

>woman raped and tortured by a supernatural serial killer since childhood until she is murdered
>what a fucking slut

lel neva changa Cred Forums

Is it an Ebert review?

Because it's a horror film that shows the dark side of small town America through the abuse of a vulnerable female

Maybe someone trolled him, told him it was like Michelin stars

There's a 3 hour version and a 1 hour version?

>tfw always asssumed "bobby killed a guy" as some sort of drug fuelled bullshit form laura
>bobby actually killed a guy and showed almost no remorse ever
Kind of ruined the character to me
Also how did laura's mother not discover her husband molesting the shit out of his daughter every night?

Might have seen a sign or two but went in full denial mode about it.

she knew she was in massive denial

The 3 hour version is a fan-made extended version that puts back the deleted scenes from The Missing Pieces into the film following the script. It's done in a seamless way and it's pretty much the definitive version of the film. I'd even recommend it over the original if you've never seen it.

And not simply a horror film, this has to be one of the most terrifying films ever made. The series has its share of creepy moments but Fire Walk With Me takes the fucking cake.

why can't plebs into FWWM?

The guy is the deputy from Deer Meadows btw, and he was going to shoot Bobby anyway. Bobby is a deeply troubled guy even in the series, where he hides behind his cool Chad facade. Look how he breaks down into tears with Jacoby and his father later at the diner. That scene was not out of character.

>It's done in a seamless way and it's pretty much the definitive version of the film. I'd even recommend it over the original if you've never seen it.

I don't agree with this at all. 90% of the cut scenes from that movie were cut for an abundantly clear reason -- they just do not go with the film.

>And not simply a horror film, this has to be one of the most terrifying films ever made

I don't know how you can recommend the fan edit and say this in the same breath, I really don't. Do you not see that the deleted scenes completely fuck with the mood of the movie? They don't fit at all and they serve no purpose either. They're too reminiscent of the show, which is something the movie systematically deconstructs.

It was nice to see them all these years later but I understood why they were left out.

I found these deleted scenes were completely in sync with the film, desu, even the more light-hearted scenes with Truman et al. I mean even the scene with Truman and Andy is kind of creepy because of how lingering and clinical it is. The backstory with Teresa Banks was also much needed, I think. Dunno, I prefer that version to the original (which is extremely good, of course).

The only cut scene I found to be in sync with the movie was the extended ceiling fan sequence, which I really wish had made it into the movie.

The rest didn't belong, and would have bogged it down. Truman is such a terrible actor too, and that scene contributes nothing to what FWWM is going for. I could see it as a fun thing to watch as a fan, just for the experience, but nah man.. Fire Walk With Me would have been greatly bogged down by that stuff.

Not even the scene where Laura sneaks out of her room and BOB sees her while pretending he didn't? I found that one creepy as hell. The only one I think might be superfluous is the sawmill scene with the old banker, but Twin Peaks has a weird thing with wood going on. It's just pretty bizarre and again, the way it's filmed makes it look more creepy absurd than funny absurd.
I also don't get the hate for Michael Ontkean, he's not great but not bad either.

In the Second season Lynch and Frost had movie projects distracting them. It was only at the end of the season did they return in honest and try to fix the mess. Lynch had nothing going on and FWWM was an attempt to gin up more interest to bring it back. Didn't work that well.

>Pointless Backstory: The Movie
I wish I never saw it really. Kind of ruins the mystery behind Twin Peaks. I'll just pretend it never happened.

First half hour is pure kino though

Brrr

Can we all just stop and consider:

- how amazing a director David Lynch is that he can make banal shit like a girls face or a street corner in broad daylight, terrifying

- what an amazing performance Sheryl Lee turns in. She's absolutely frightening. Its bizarre that she was only chosen initially to play a corpse, but turned out to be BY FAR the best actor on the show

>what an amazing performance Sheryl Lee turns in

I'm sad she didn't have much a career after Twin Peaks. She was actually a great actress.

Couldn't agree more. Sheryl Lee is such an underrated actress. Ray Wise also delivers a truly stellar performance in both the show and the film.

because they offered Lynch the moniez and he said yes please.

srsly. they fucked his tv show to hell with micromanagement so he made this as a big fuck you to everyone. plus it paid moniez.

UNDER THE SYCAMORE TREES

Don't know why there's so much hate for it, I watched the movie a few months ago and enjoyed it. Too bad what happened to Kiefer Sutherland though.

>tfw the new season probably won't mention the first half of the movie at all

You never know with Lynch. I'd certainly like to know what happened to Desmond.
Also I want Cooper to finally bone Audrey, come on.

You learn about how the midget and BOB are friends.

>no angels in the shooting script
>terrible angel related scenes shoehorned into the final film every now and then

i'd really love to be a fly on the wall for the making of this movie.

What did you think Laura's mom being able to see BOB represented?

>not liking the final scene with the angel which has to be one of the most beautiful scenes ever.

Everything everyone has said a out Laura, as well as expanding on the mythology of the show (what with the Black Lodge and BOB), and despite being a prequel it was as close to an ending as the series was going to get at the time.