What's the best Trek series? I've never seen any of them

What's the best Trek series? I've never seen any of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

claremont.org/crb/article/the-politics-of-star-trek/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TNG, it's cerebral as fuck.

In all honesty, that one.

TOS.

>claremont.org/crb/article/the-politics-of-star-trek/

DS9 is the best, but you should watch TNG first to understand the universe its set in.

TOS isn't necessary to understanding the series, I could never get into it but all the TOS movies are good.

>DS9 is the best

They're all shit made by sjws.

>Anything other than DS9 is best

They're all amazing up until voyager where the quality falls

I think we can all agree Voyager is the fucking worst.

They're all amazing up to episode 3 or so of Voyager where they stop caring about having to ration power and food and weapons

TOS for glorious sideboob

Depends what you like in a serie
>TOS
Varies a lot in terms of quality. Suffers from some of the issues of shows of its time. Has both high-concept episodes and ridiculous schlock
>TNG
Earlier seasons are pretty similar to TOS, the show matured quickly after Roddenberry's death. Holds up pretty well from season 3 to 6.
>DS9
Pretty different from the rest of Star Trek. Aged pretty well overall, though the pacing and acting isn't for everybody.
>Voyager
Did not age well. Has a couple good moments but has some of the lowest lows of all Trek.
>Enterprise
Was cancelled too early. Season 3 is great, the rest is mostly okay.
>The Animated Series
Must be seen to be believed.
>TOS movies
some of the best Trek has to offer
>TNG movies
waster potential
>J.J. Trek
delicious Skub

DS9>TOS=ENT>TNG>>>>TAS>>>>>>VOY

>skub
>delicious

Fuck you

> serie

The singular of series is series. It's a mass noun.
Kindly get up to speed on English, or kill yourself.

>Patrician Choice
TNG

>Dadcore Choice
TOS

>Memer's Choice
DS9

>Contrarian's Choice
Enterprise

>Objectively Shit Choice
Voyager

>Elder God-tier Choice
Star Trek the Animated Series

>unironically being anti-skub
ISHYGDDT

I'd name her mudd if you know what i mean

>using dead memes

Not too fucking surprising from a skub faggot

Why don't you go choke on some of that disgusting shit

DS9 is clearly the best, it's the most consistent in quality and has the most interesting and developed characters.

Second best is TOS, it's the most colorful, charming and sexy Trek series. While the overall cast isn't as strong as in DS9, the three core characters of Kirk, Spock and McCoy are phenomenal, literally the greatest trio in all of television. Oh, and it predates the political correctness and postgenderism that infected TNG and every show after it, so that's a definite plus.

Next up is TNG. A solid show overall but there are plenty of ups and downs and most of the cast is pretty bland. It's probably the comfiest Trek series though.

The rest aren't worth mentioning.

>anti-skub in charge of not getting mad

DS9 and TNG are the only ones worth watching, unless you really like the quirkiness of 1960s television

>not liking comfy 60's TV
tasteless faggot detected

TOS
DS9
ENT
TNG
VOY

Entry level, go TNG though if TOS is too campy/dated.

I started watching TOS now, after watching DS9 twice, TNG once and a few episodes from Voyager and Ent. For some reason it's the most memorable and Kirk ran the tightest outfit between all the captains.

Episodes like Balance of Terror are absolutely spectacular, but there is barely anyone worth mentioning apart from the great trio and sometimes Scotty.

TNG is by far the most uneven, there are God-tier cast members and then there's absolute shit. It had a bunch of very good ideas but the fact that they always found the easy way out at the end of each epsiode kind of pisses me off.

DS9 is for me the clear winner, almost every crew member is God-tier, and even the ones that aren't are still fleshed out pretty well. Nog has the best character arc in all of Trek and he is not even barely the main focus of the series.

Voyager is wasted potential. Enterprise seemed like a lesser version of contemporary Andromeda which already was a lesser version of Trek. I never watched the animated series but I probably will given the strength of The Trio.

>films
All TOS films range from good to excellent. Even The Final Frontier.

TNG films are all garbage, except maybe First Contact

JJtrek is shit until the 3rd one which is the best Trek since Undiscovered Country.

TNG arguably
it just has so many more episodes DS9 is quality once the dominion shows up

TOS is great as well but short and sometimes a bit too campy

VOY for all the hate it gets is alright

ENT is disjointed and has one great intro episode, then a load of bullshit until the last season where they try to salvage it.

BTW start with the movies before you move into the shows

nearly all the TOS films are good, aside from the first which is a bit dull and the 5th which is shit.

TNG was very consistent by about season 3

TOS is tricky to compare to the others.

DS9=TNG>>Enterprise (season 3 & 4)>>>>>>>>>>>>Voyager>Enterpirse.

TNG & DS9 are the best by far, they have the best characters, stories and writing.

Season 3 and 4 of Enterpirse are great TV, great writing and season long story arcs.

Voyager had so much potential but just became an uneven and poor TNG imitation. That being said it has tons of great episodes.

More consistent for sure, but nowhere near as much as DS9. Some might call TOS an inconsistent series, but I think seasons 1-2 are consistently entertaining and even the bad episodes are watchable because of Kirk, Spock & McCoy

Babylon 5 it's like a novel

More like each season is a novel with varying quality, season 4 is god-tier

And Crusade is the manuscript found in the writer's office 15 years after his death, that was scrapped because it wasn't going anywhere and would have been shit anyway, but got published because reasons.