2nd year history student here, I'm doing a Russian art module this year, and film is included. I need to write a 6...

2nd year history student here, I'm doing a Russian art module this year, and film is included. I need to write a 6,000 essay/dissertation, and I wanted to do it on Russian film. What film would you recommend be the centre of my work? It has to be Soviet era.

> history
Useless studies.
> movie
Rocky IV

>Useless studies
Muh transferable skills.
>Rocky IV
Mate, that would be brilliant if I could.

Do something about Andrei Tarkovsky because Russians fucking hate him

I believe there is a soviet era animated film of the fairy tale that inspired Disney's Frozen. Just throwing it out there.

Operation 'Y' & Other Shurik's Adventures desu

Do armenian films under USSR rule count?

>Russians fucking hate him
Why? Also, I was thinking of Tarkovsky, but was wondering if that was too meme-y.

Yeah I'm sure your professor will call your dissertation a meme and dock you marks because you included Tarkovsky. Better not

Cheers, that was close.

ASCENT
S
C
E
N
T

This document was so sad

>pls notice me
Nah, man. He was gay

HE WAS ONLY GAY FOR PARAJANOV-KUN

Eisenstein or Tarkovsky. The fact that their the most mainstream gives you the most resources to research. Plus their very good filmmakers to write on.
If you go with Vertov, it might be tough becaus he's experimental.

Ignore Tarkovsky.

Write something on GLORIOUS SOVIET CINEMA

This

I'm guessing all the plebs in your class will structure their essay around the "Great Patriotic War" and focus on films like Ivan's Childhood and Cranes Are Flying and how they reflect a post-war something something pretentious...
Do something else even if it means choosing a Tarkovsky meme film like Ctankep

ayyy

In that case i recommend him Aleksandr Demyanenko and Operation Y and Other Shurik's Adventures (1965)
Kidnapping, Caucasian Style (1967)
Ivan Vasilyevich: Back to the Future (1973)

>Kidnapping, Caucasian Style (1967)

Best waifu

>Kidnapping, Caucasian Style (1967)
damn white people baka

what is it called?

Battleship Potemkin

I would recommend Beware of the Car (1966). It's crime comedy-drama with noir elements.

Was Le Samourai influenced by that?