Which one took the bigger dump on it's respective franchise?

Which one took the bigger dump on it's respective franchise?

Pretty sure the answer is obvious
TMNT Out Of The Shadows

The Force Awakens, most definitely, Ghostbusters has always been shit.

>inb4 literally every other post says either ghostbusters, or another new movie not shown

One was at least space operatic like its predecessors.
The other one wasn't comedic at all despite.

Force awakens was pretty widely celebrated by star wars fans and most saw it 2-3 times each i nthe theater. Even if it was just fan service the fans genuinely enjoyed it.

Ghost busters pissed off 100% of the original fans of the franchise. They shit the bed and buried this franchise for at least another generation.

>TFA
>Shit

I'll never understand this meme.

>TMNT Out Of The Shadows
Fuck you, that movie is great.

TFA by far. Probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen .

>its a Cred Forums keeps pretending TFA wasn't better than the majority of the Star Wars franchise cause it was popular and acclaimed episode
You guys should probably genuinely kill yourselves.

Okay kid

obviously star wars. nobody with a brainstem ever gave a shit about ghostbusters.

but both are dumb annoying shit from the 80s that never needed rehashing.

I never really cared for Ghostbusters, it was fine though and the new one was like a backwards mirror world version. Shat on everything the original was good at. But as I say I don't really care. Also, it is not a continuation (well in the lore it is but there isn't really any story-line continued through), so really it can just be forgotten and easily retconned.

However I think TFA was a "better film" than new GB, but it was more of an insult. It was a watered down version of the originals. More child friendly humor, no romance (well kind of but it was very dead). And it is just a blatent rip off of the whole story-line
>hurr the deathstar is bigger now and a planet hurr

Plus, TFA was just boring as fuck. The acting was bland, especially that dull woman. The villains were not threatening. And I loved Star Wars so this fucked it for me. And by killing Han they fucked over the lore and the nice ending for the originals. Why did Leia and Han break up? Fuck that, I'm not adding that in my headcanon. At least the prequels took some chances and had some fun cheesy moments.

Also at least GB created some fun controversy and a good ol' hate circlejerk. So yeah I would never sit through GB again and it is worse, but it ruined its franchise less.

at least ghostbusters did not KILL OFF HAN SOLO

FUCK YOU HAN SOLO KILLER FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

im glad han solo is dead. i hope luke comes out of the closet in the next one and they start pushing pro lgbt agenda. star wars fucking sucks.

I'd rather watch the third prequel than TFA. At least the Yoda/ Sidious fight was fun.

This isnt even a serious question, right? Star Wars wasnt good, but none of the prequels or Return of the Jedi were that great either.

how the fuck did TFA dump on star wars?

i mean i thought the movie was boring as fuck with a wesley crusher main character but it was still a competent movie

if i was still in high school id probably like it

Star Wars was just a continuation of the diarea that began with the phantom menace
Ghostbusters.. who cares, I watched 1 again.. it's really shit tier nonhumour like the SNL base it comes from.

This is the most idiotic question I have ever seen.
Star wars 7 is ONLY fanservice.
That's the fucking problem about the movie, it doesn't try to be unique only to felate the audience and not step on any toes.

Ghost busters was kind of doing that but it also had the whole "we're reversing the genders, SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT!"

>i hope luke comes out of the closet in the next one

decades too late for that to work luke is old and ugly now ewwwww

>if i was still in high school id probably like it

if u r then u wouldn't have watched and loved orig star wars and felt raped to smithereens when they killed han solo FUCK YOU TFA DIRECTOR HAN SOLO KILLER FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

RotJ bad, when will this meme die

The only bad thing is beating the stormtroopers in a melee fight with sticks and stones.

>implying ewoks defeated stormtroopers did not run away

imbecile

I always loved RotJ. The scene in the Emperors room was amazing. The creepy music, Lukes rage, the quiet whilst Vader taunts him. The Ewoks were stupid but I think the idea was that since it was their home moon they had a massive advantage in numbers, kind of like in Avatar, but no one complains about that.

I saw both movies when they were first in theaters and have watched the shit out of both since then.

TFA did not take a dump on SW. It was rehash city but that's forgivable. The prequels took a dump on SW.

GB2016 took a big, steaming dump on GB. It failed on pretty much every level, including editing. At least in the prequels defense I can they had good moments. I have AotC and RotS on dvd. GB2016 had no good moments. Nothing stands out. Every scene is either awkward, uncomfortable or dull. This movie must have been one gigantic, expensive hate-fuck to shoot.

The opinions of millennials does not matter.

It legitimately wasn't very good.

If you liked TFA you have bad tastes.

The only good stuff was the vader and luke things.

Otherwise it was just power fantasy stuff that had no real substance.

>a bloo bloo not muh EU not my infantile idealized memories of the characters I had as a child

TRIPS DO NOT LIE. THE COSMOS HAS SPOKEN. THE OPINIONS OF MILLENNIALS DO NOT MATTER.

millennial detected
see trips do not lie

The Force Awakens at least looked cool and had some funny moments. Ghostbusters brought the franchise back to life just to commit suicide.

Dude there are a few scenes were the stormtroopers drop to the floor when the Ewoks hit their helmets with sticks and stones, that is the only part of the movie I'd agree with people if they don't like it. The rest of the movie is pretty brilliant.

>If you will not turn to the dark side perhapse she will,
>the fight that follows untill his hand is cut off
Near perfect film/movie making

who cares. both franchise should have never been a franchise to begin with, they are just slightly above average flicks for children. get better taste and stop caring about this crap.

>The Force Awakens at least looked cool
This, the directing was amazing and didn't feel like JJ at all.

In fact I feel like there was a special support team that was monitoring everything he was doing to make this movie a financial hit.

I guess you like Marvel capeshit too user? Those witty zinger one liners crack you up huh? Perhaps that pic is more appropriate for you, although it is probably more of a case of ADD

TFA was good.

Neither of them. TFA was great and the new Ghostbusters was pretty okay, though the original has a couple more laughs.

>anything I don't like is le capeshit

Ghostbusters was always shit. Fuck the nostalgiafags.

>TFA
>Good
I'll never understand this meme.

Stars wars nobody was ghostbusters.

Not really user, but like I said, it is watered down garbage. And I'm not a massive SW EU nerd or I'd love the prequels, I simply don't like how it shat on the ending of the first movies.
>a bloo bloo not muh EU not my infantile idealized memories of the characters I had as a child

You are the one arguing that your memories as a child are more important, and this movie ruins the ending of those movies, so how is that a good thing? Plus, by idealized I think you mean that it was a blatant rip off and watered down to oblivion- hardly an ideal version of Star Wars

Your argument is that the movie sucks because "not muh Han Solo not muh Luke Skywalker"

7 is actually pretty good when you think about the message it's trying to get across.

Ghostbusters.

TFA was just a remake of A New Hope.

the real crime of TFA is the fact that the find and replace function was never credited as a writer

>I simply don't like how it shat on the ending of the first movies.

I guess it's hard to match the quality and cinematic vision of the Ewok Dance Party. True kino.

No, it is that because those characters died it kinda ruined the happy ending of the first movies. This thread is about what took a bigger shit on their franchise, and for me that is what did it.

Plus I think the villain is under powered and the woman lead is fucking bland trash.

There must have been something you didn't like about TFA. It was just A New Hope: Not as good edition

made me kek but not what I meant. I don't mean the literal fucking Ewok party, I mean I don't like how it implied that Luke became a loner, Han and Leia broke up, and then Han fucking dies.

Not even that I care if Han is in the new movies, but that was just forced meme tier drama and you know it.

You're literally Kylo Ren in that you're claiming ownership of the characters and then sperging out when you realize the reality doesn't match your expectations of the legend

no wonder you don't like him

Dude, its my opinion. This thread is about how YOU think the movies shit on the franchises. I thought Hans death was forced. That is my opinion. And I think the whole Luke becoming Obi Wan mark two is stupid and unoriginal.

I don't even care that much, I just think it slightly dampens the ending of RotJ when you watch the ending and thing "he's becoming a loner, she's becoming depressed, he's going to break up with his love interest and then die".

Not even my main issue with the film though. I just think it is very mediocre. Now try not to let my subjective opinion trigger you this time.

>I thought Hans death was forced.

It isn't forced at all though and is absolutely integral to Han and Kylo's character arcs. You'd know this if you weren't a full pleb.

I'm fine if you didn't like it, it's just your opinion is incredibly infantile

>Star Wars
>from the 80s

Shiggy diggy doo, here's your (you)

TFA is literal shit. Just a waste of a movie. There is nothing interesting about it. Might as well have a 2 hour shot of paint drying on a wall and label it Star Wars 7 and you get the same result.

...the one exception: Kylo Ren. I like that the villain is an edgelord autist

I think you should watch it again, and realise it was the perfect ending to a Fairytale

>mfw I doubted this image before seeing it

>Kylo
>Having a character arc
He just kills his dad for... the bantz?

Yet again though, not my main issue with the movie. Stop focusing on Hans death now. The main issue is that the two leads are bland. Especially the woman. The guy just sweats and makes one liners, whilst the woman reacts with no emotion to anything that happens.

You cannot seriously have enjoyed her performance can you? And why did she become so powerful so fast? I guess she may have "locked away training" but eh that's kind of a mguffin.

lol 2/3 of them were released in the 80s

>He just kills his dad for... the bantz?

Because he's an edgelord autist pretending to be Darth Vader to make up for his own insecurities even though he doesn't actually believe in his own hype and hates being evil. However, because of his raging inferiority complex (Your son is gone, he was weak and foolish etc) and the fear that he's come too far to turn back, he decides to go all in with the dark side and kill his dad to cut off his last remaining link to his conscience and prove to him that he REALLY can be the REAL big bad darksider he thinks he wants to be, only for it to end up causing him even more pain.

It's not a complex movie, you're just stupid.

>And why did she become so powerful so fast?

I'm not a prequelbabby/videogamefag who thinks the Force is a literal skill tree governed by literal experience points so who the fuck cares

Ghostbusters in a walk

TFS was a complete rehash of the first movie, but it was at least competently made

>all these people saying the original Ghostbusters was always shit
You're all a bunch of tasteless faggots.

TFA is a glib facsimile that lacks any soul, even if a lot of craftsmanship was put into it. I was hoping Kasdan would have had more free reign in writing the story but my guess is that they only took some of his high level ideas so it still ended up being a studio-processed mush for the mass consumer.

>TFA
>great
This doesn't add up

prequels were much better then TFA.

>lookit me i'm edgy angsty

lol wigger detected

You can kick and scream about paid reviews all you want, but reminder that literally everyone except a small core group of turboautists on the internet loved TFA.

Gee I wonder

>Because he's an edgelord autist pretending to be Darth Vader
Wow, what a great character and character motivation, really makes for an intimidating villain. Perhaps edgy teen retards like you just look up to him.

>I'm not a prequelbabby/videogamefag
Nor am I, I hate the prequels, they are dogshit tier movies.
>who thinks the Force is a literal skill tree governed by literal experience points so who the fuck cares
It's not about the damn force or how it works, I don't care about that. I do think that if your character is stronger at combat and in the force than an opponent who has trained for years, it barely makes sense, and it makes the villain shit. Luke actually had to train to overcome his father. And it also makes the character seem OP if they are just good for no reason. If they explain it through secret training, fine, but we will see.

Also, the Empire feels under-powered in these movies, and they are not a great threat. I like my villains to feel a little more powerful.

Now I think about it, the heroes being OP and the villains weak edgy shits is probably my main deal with the movie. They better actually serve a challenge in the next one beyond

"SHOOT THE VIDYAGAME WEAK POINT HURR". For someone calling me a videogame fag you seem to be OK with the literal videogame boss battle in this movie.

>le capitalism is evullllllll!
>star wars wasn't ever a cash cow franchise before le evul jewz bought it, nuh uh!

The common theme being OP has a small dick and gets easily threatened by female leads.

U ok m8?

is that girl insanely small or are those raccoons insanely large?

>I do think that if your character is stronger at combat and in the force than an opponent who has trained for years, it barely makes sense,

Whoah, it's almost as if Kylo Ren having a fundamental misunderstanding of the force because of his own issues, self-loathing, and attachment to the legend of Vader causing him to lose to a girl who lets go of her past to find true greatness in herself is explicitly the point of the movie, dipshit.

>implying a review makes a movie good

t. Kitana edgelord. The guy ain't stupid pal, if ya think that is good motivation in a villain you are severely mentally handicapped

>It's fine she became as powerful as a trained villain in two seconds before falling off of a cliff this isn't deus ex machina just enjoy da glowing lightsabre battle!

Fuck you user I'm sure there is a movie debating forum on Reddit you can go to

So we didn't see any sort of gender reversal in TFA?
Did you even watch the movie?

>if ya think that is good motivation in a villain you are severely mentally handicapped

Vader's motivations in the first movie were just "imma bad guy".

You can make arguments that Vader's charisma and presence made up for it (and few would disagree) but Kylo Ren is objectively a more complex and detailed character than Vader was in his first movie.

protip: unironically telling someone to go to reddit is the sure sign of a newfag desperately trying to fit in

>The only good stuff was the vader and luke things.
Get fucked, I saw this movie at the theater as a kid, and the Jabba's palace stuff blew my fucking mind.

I've seen this done with Harry POTTER and the 2009 Star Trek. It can probably be done with various other films as well only because Star Wars is a simple movie. If you simplify tons of movies they will fit this formula.

>Whoah, it's almost as if Kylo Ren having a fundamental misunderstanding of the force because of his own issues, self-loathing, and attachment to the legend of Vader causing him to lose to a girl who lets go of her past to find true greatness in herself is explicitly the point of the movie, dipshit.

Wow user, I thought you did not care about the fundamentals of the force, but you seem pretty autistically knowledgeable on the subject.

You know many users of the dark side were really powerful right? And why was Kylo so adept at combat and the force before this battle? He stopped a damn plasma blast in the air at the beginning.

>a girl who lets go of her past to find true greatness in herself
Amazing that you can infer all that from her soulless dead performance. And you can't just "let go and then suddenly be a great swordsman. She had no damn training. You act as if you understand what happened in the movie but that is not how it works. You need to train, and Kylos self loathing should drive his powers even further.

Its literally deus ex machina the movie

It was a literal remake of episode 4

There aren't any identity politics in TFA. I mean there was a girl protagonist but she's presented unironically and without cynicism, sure, but she's an actual character

Ghostbusters 2016 is so caught up in its own complex about how society says there CAN'T be a female ghostbusters it affects the entire movie. The plot is about sticking it to the "goobergater misogynist haters" when it should have just been a ghostbusters movie with women.

Fucking this! Self entitled little cocksuckers.

Gr8 b8 faggot.

>And why was Kylo so adept at combat and the force before this battle? He stopped a damn plasma blast in the air at the beginning.

because at the beginning of the movie he still buys into this idea that he's a badass Vader successor, and throughout the entire movie the mask begins to crack and he has to take a hard look at himself in the mirror and that causes him to freak the fuck out and doubt everything he knows. Those temper tantrums weren't just for memes, you're seeing someone gradually lose his shit when he realizes he's not the badass he thinks he is.

and remember that emotional conflict canonically makes you weaker in Star Wars. Did you even see RotJ?

The wonderful part about the lightsaber fight in TFA is that all of them are inexperienced at sword fighting. Kylo is powerful in the force, but he is not a good duelist.

sshhhhh don't provoke the millennials. remember that teenager who tied and killer her parent? millennials online blamed parent and treated teenager as victim. be careful or you might be next.

as much as I loved star wars and hate TFA it's hard to argue that ghostbusters is worse

Isn't like everyone on Cred Forums a millennial

Vader: Was a bright young padawan but who became angry when the council refused to let him extend his power. He further became enraged when his mother died by the hands of savages. His disdain for the world allowed Palpatine to manipulate him, making him think the Empire was for the greater good. He was ordered to kill younglings, killing the good part of his soul and letting the dark side take over. He less lost his physical humanity in a fight with his former master and father figure. Now a rage filled slave to the Emperor, Vader was born. Years later, the sight of his tortured son let loose his humane side again, and he freed himself of the bonds of Palpatine and the dark side, becoming one with the force forever

Kylo Ren: ITS NOT FAIR I WANNA BE COOL LIKE VADER. FUCK MY DAD I'M AN ADULT NOW I CAN DO WHAT I WANT. OH NO! I'M NOW SHIT AT FIGHTING ALL OF A SUDDEN FOR NO REASON!

yeah kylo is great kek

>Amazing that you can infer all that from her soulless dead performance.

Yeah I suppose it's a fucking coincidence that both the hero and the villain have massive baggage relating to their parents and the one who learns to let go and look to the future rather than be chained to the past is the one who wins in the end

this is fucking storytelling 101 you fucking retard, it's a movie for children yet you seem to be confounded by it because "muh muh muh training"

Caps lock is not an argument

>bringing prequel logic into it

oh fuck off triple nigger, not even bringing in the faulty logic of comparing six movies of development to one, you can't actually think the prequels enhanced Vader as a character.

It's not great, but it's a big improvement from the first one.

> the one who learns to let go and look to the future rather than be chained to the past is the one who wins in the end
But kylo lost

Force Awakens: A New Hope 2 electric boogaloo
Ghostbusters 2016: Nigga wtf are you doing
Ghostbusters is a bigger insult to the franchise than Star Wars TFA could ever hope to be.

there's a few of us left from pre-reddit-invasion. hiding. fearing for our lives. waiting for the promised one who will release the zombie virus and cleanse the earth of the millennial scourge.

uh Vader's motivation in the first movie wasn't "imma bad guy". it was his job. literally just doing his job. rebels chose to be rebel scum and invited what they got. vader wasn't being bad or evil or whatever.

k I get your point user, I just don't think he would lose all his training like that, and even if it made sense I still think it makes him a weak ass villain, unless he improves in the next one.

And the girl just being good all of a sudden at combat because she is at peace? Even in star wars that does not work. Luke had to train for months, faster than most Jedi because he was very powerful but still- character progression! Secret training at least makes sense.

>and remember that emotional conflict canonically makes you weaker in Star Wars. Did you even see RotJ?
it does, but you can still be powerful, it should not make a sith lord shitter than a junk collecting peasent.

We are just gonna have to disagree user. I will never like TFA, lets just agree the prequels were shit and move on

I didn't like the starwards reboot desu, I thought they'd make it more similar to episode 4 but I was wrong.

>Popularity=Quaity
ghostbustesr is worse

You're probably a millennial yourself.
If not get out of here you fucking loser

>it does, but you can still be powerful, it should not make a sith lord shitter than a junk collecting peasent.

At this point you're just mad that Kylo Ren isn't a badass, which I find to be a very trite and superficial complaint, especially because the character is pretty obviously at the beginning of his journey and not fully formed as a villain yet, rather than Vader who was pretty comfortable as a Sith Lord in ANH.

>lets just agree the prequels were shit and move on

Word. As long as you're not one of those faggots who pretends to like the prequels, we good.

you're not a trip not even a dub, fucking loser liar

>Popularity=Quaity
And this is literally everything that's wrong with the world today.
I weep for the future.

Force Awakens, because it actually tricked retards and the new pre-teen girl market that Star Wars now, inexplicably, appeals to, into thinking it was a decent flick.

>calling people retard repeatedly is an argument
Calm down user it's a fucking internet debate. How can you tell that she "lets go". By the two seconds of vague glazed look she gives?

And still I like movies with some damn stakes. If all it takes to defeat the experienced, powerful villain is to "let go mahn", then how is that good storytelling.

You are right user, this movie is for kids, probably why you enjoy it so much. Peace out ya aspie faggot.

There is actually a thread up currently with an user who unironically thinks Attack of the Clones is the best movie

Yeah, and it's gr8 b8 m8.

You have autism.
If you see more than one (You), kys immediately.

Ghostbusters is more pathetic. At least Star Wars TFA, sloppy as it was, had some strong acting performances in it, I liked newcomer Daisy Ridley a lot. The acting alone makes it better than the prequel trilogy, but that's not saying much.

Racoons are bigger than you probably think.
They're like the size of small dogs.

>had some strong acting performances in it, I liked newcomer Daisy Ridley a lot. The acting alone makes it better than the prequel trilogy

The acting was the biggest flaw in the movie, that and the writing and dialogue.

Everything else was good.

This meme would work better if it was accurate.

You would have to be pretty daft to say that 7 isn't recycling the same plot and story.

It's only acceptable because we've never seen any other story in starwars done well.

TRIPS NEVER LIE GUYS

I found the bro-tier bantz Between so Po and Finn so fucking cringeworthy, I couldn't get past it desu. At least the prequels has semi-believable dialogue.

>tricked retards and the new pre-teen girl market that Star Wars now
But those were already fans. Star Wars was always mainstream as fuck, true patricians watch Battlestar Galactica and Red Dwarf.

>Red Dwarf
Mah nigga. Did you like the new episode?

>implying bsg patrician not soap opera fangirl bawww drama

>mah not muh

ur so fake

oic. is it wrong for me to suddenly want to hug and sex raccoons?

>not realizing Buck Rogers was the true patrician-tier space kino
Stay pleb, plebs.

Fuck you user I love Red Dwarf I've seen every episode more than once and it is my favorite comedy. (Back to Earth was shit though).

Just tell me what you thought user, don't be a dick, there are enough of those in this thread sucking TFAs cock

thank you

>hug
No
>sex
Maybe

>American """"""""""comedy""""""""""
no thanks user

kys

see

>Just tell me what you thought

i think you're a faker faking itt

ha! DUBS DO NOT LIE!

Is it so hard to believe that someone watched Red Dwarf other than you? I even met Craig Charles. Well I was hoping to have a Dwarfer discussion but it seems you are intent on remaining a smeg head,

no one knows what it's like
to be a sad cat
to be a furry cat
in my dreeeaaaaaamss
how furry i can beeeee
behind blue eyes

dubs do not lie

Did you have that meme saved or did you just make it now? I'm flattered if the latter.

are you saying ANH is bad?

I mean honestly the OP is a really really dumb question that's probably just b8 for kids obviously the serious answer is ghostbusters but the thread is designed to get kids to start yelling about tfa again

Star Wars fans are notorious for being dumb

Not him, but just remaking ANH doesn't make for a compelling movie. If I wanted to watch ANH, I'd go watch that, not TFA. I don't care if it's got a black as the lead, or the Starkiller is bigger and badder than the DS, or Han's kid kills him. It's still a pointless rehash, and a waste of film.

Meant to say black guy, but I guess the point stands either way.

Ghostbusters was better.

Star Warsprequels

No one will remember the Ghostbusters remake since very few watched it and there will be no sequels.
On the other hand the damage done by TFA will be more permanent since it was a commercial success and Disney will be shitting a nu Star Wars movie a year for decades to come.

>Daisy Ridley
She was easily the worst part of her own movie. Boyega and Driver were leagues ahead of her

>implying Star Wars hasn't always been shit

It's just fur.

Ghostbusters, but TFA is shit regardless