So, how bad is the reboot?

Also MacGyver appreciation thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UKTNWI0eYJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=vh2oMMDRCks
youtube.com/watch?v=tRkexJ-MBCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Peridot

If he's still able to create an helicopter with a rubber, it's fine.

It was bland and unoriginal and even made Scorpion look good. So I'm sure it'll be a huge success.

Someone described the reboot as being like The Plane Scene (2012) on repeat. If this is true, then where are the memes?

baneposting happened because it angered people trying to force themslves to think TDKR was good.

No one is trying to convince themselves numacgyver is good.

It successfully missed the point about what made the original good.

Sounds about right, I was getting annoyed at the low-budget CGI bullets / explosions and the spelling out of "X + Y = Z" item combinations.

Literally perfect.

Is the reboot out yet?

No asshole, the OP is from the distant past asking about something that hasn't happened yet, you stupid nigger.

Just like all of the DCEU.

>even made Scorpion look good.
But Scorpion is the patrician's choice. Only the plebs pick Sub Zero.

>mfw It Aint Me starts up in the heli scene

I don't usually label things as cringe, but that was pretty fucking cringe.

One of the best characters in any tv show

BURN!

MacGyver was a good show, comfy music, a likable protagonist, and fun stories. As for the reboot... the less said about it the better

>Peter Thorton needs to be a woman
>Also, MacGyver needs a theme
>The series should be more about family than cool spy shit MacGyver does on his own
>Fucking love MacGruber! Let's just make a MacGruber show!

Total crap. They turned Jack Dalton into a murderer and fake MacGayver is totally ok with that.

Dafuck, Fonz?

yeah nu-jack was crap.

theres a new MacGyver? wtf

It's not the worst thing in the fucking world but only because most things on tv are complete garbage.
However as a "MacGyver" reboot it's ridiculously stupid and boring. Adds nothing, misses the point completely of the original. I can't see anyone even giving a shit since it's so fucking bland. It's certainly not offensively bad but that isn't saying anything.
Macgruber is a better nu-MacGyver than this and that's a straight up parody.

The original series is a product of its time and definitely cheesy (in a good way), but there is a ton of character development and nuances to MacGyver that this isn't even trying to have.

it's just meh and again, pointless. I've already spent more effort typing this than it deserves, honestly.

>Saturday night
>Finally MacGyver
>It's a fucking Murdoc episode

Best feeling in the world.

Yes, and it has almost nothing it common with the original show. It's more like a shitty remake of Human Target

>MACGYVERRRRRRRRRR

It was a reasonable question. If you can imagine that a person could be aware that a reboot was coming but didn't know when it started to air if you ask if it's airing or not is pretty reasonable if a question.

How much of a fucking autist are you, faggot?

>Unlikable Mac
>Unlikable crew
>The stupid info graphs

I rather just re-watch the original or the first few seasons of Burn Notice if I really wanted a modern MacGyver

i just cant get around the sanitized tv violence. I watched almost the entire show and it bothered me even as a kid. The NO GUNS ever bull shit is.. dumb on multiple levels. Same reason i can never take the A team seriously.

TRICKS OF THE TRADE M'BOY

It makes a bit more sense once you realize that his "No Guns" policy is because he was playing with a gun when he was a kid and killed one of his best friends.

But yeah there are clearly times where taking a shot is totally legit and it's a bit of a stretch when that's glossed over.

>heroes assault baddies with their helicopter
>It Aint Me starts playing

Scorpion is my favorite superhero show

what would you say the point of the original was? I barely even remember it tbqh

It was pretty fucking terrible.

As someone who grew up loving this, Magnum P.I., Quantum Leap, and Murder She Wrote(Come at me), I hate that they're doing all these lazy remakes.

I've heard Magnum is next on the docket, so that should turn out great.

I'll never watch it, I'll just wait until it gets canceled by the end of the season.

>ten million viewers on a Friday at 8pm
It's not going away before the season ends

>just incase you were an idiot and hate science, we'll put HUGE FUCKING WORDS DESCRIBING EVERYTHING HE SEES EVERYWHERE

It's actually rather inspired, a man who doesn't use violence but rather science and know-how to save the day. The point is that problems can be solved with thinking, use your brain instead of your fists

Would make my kids watch/10

Those were the days

Didn't MacGyver explain everything in the original show too?

also if you're trapped on a boat, you can make a jet-ski out of a coffin.

Scorpion is fine, I just cant watch it without thinking about how bad I miss Leverage

Nope. Just a show-don't-tell montage.

It's more like Get Smart, Mission Impossible and James Bond.

>44 replies
>no one posted the most kino theme of all time

Buncha rank fucking amateurs ITT.

youtube.com/watch?v=UKTNWI0eYJ4

>you can make a jet-ski out of a coffin.
You're retarded, he doesn't make it, it's part of his spying operation in berlin...

He was nearly always explaining what he does, mixed with anecdote about his grampa Harry sometimes or his childhood.

to add to this. never panic, think of how to handle the situation

>we can't find his body

HNNNNNG

I love how complete non self-aware that promo pic is. We live in the worst era.

>what happened in cairo stays in cairo

but TDKR was good

Fortunate son

Holy shit. Fuck you person born after 2400 hrs, Dec 31, 1999. Fuck off to jewtoob. You don't get the point of McGyver or the A-Team and your stunted 9/11 asbestos riddled brain will never form enough neurons to make the connection. Kys.

Does this mean I have to watch 7 seasons and all the movies before I watch the reboot?

Neo-KekGoyver literally watches his woife get fucked by niggers.

>The OP asks "so, how bad IS the reboot" >there are several posts detailing what's bad about it
>almost all of these are an hour before he asked his question so he couldn't have missed them
The only autist is the one who can't use context clues and that's without even mentioning how a simple Google search is faster than asking.

>you've got 30 minutes
>see you in 29

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=vh2oMMDRCks

Genius.

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

youtube.com/watch?v=tRkexJ-MBCQ

Why does MacGyver have a team?

>we want the video game audience

>i've never seen encryption like this before
>girl hammers laptop
>i thought you said this was going to be hard *wink*

don't you want the street smart non-white hacker girl on your team too?

dafuq outta here

That guy was a real jerk.

did she lick the hd platter to extract the information?

this

The only thing this has in common with MacGyver is the haircut.

Not even that, the original MacGyver started out with short hair and grew it out into a mullet over the course of the show

nu-Mac has long flowing locks like a character from a trashy romance novel