Paramount faces a 70 million dollar write-down on Star Trek Beyond

>Paramount faces a 70 million dollar write-down on Star Trek Beyond

Guess the Star Trek revival era is over

>make an actual star trek movie which is basically a TOS episode but big budget
>flops

guess normies only care when they have earth getting blown up

Well they should have made it more like Into Darkness. Serves'em right

STOP REMINDING ME

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Guess the Star Trek revival era is over

don't we have a new Star Trek TV show starting in 2017 though?

it wasnt advertised at all here in australia. i only saw it after going to see something else and seeing a poster in the lobby.
And yeh it didnt seem as big or cinematic as the others but the grill a qt

>make an actual star trek movie which is basically a TOS episode but big budget
>market it to normies (highlighting action and Fast & the Furious in the trailer)
>alienate target audience
I fucking LOVE Star Trek and was hesitant to see it. I still went opening night (because of course I did), but was dreading what I was going to see. I ended up thinking it was really entertaining and used the characters well.

they released that shitty trailer everyone shat on and simon pegg looked embarrassed when asked about it and that was it up until a week before release then wonder why it underperformed

It was still great. If anything with Kirks Dad confirmed for the sequel I'm glad if it doesn't happen.

Goddamnit, this film was the best Trek in decades.

But the sequel's still on.

>advertise it as 2trek2furious
>car movie niggers don't go see it
>trek fans don't go see it

amazing

It sounds like a disaster.

So was The Next Generation for the first season

>Beastie Boys song actually in the fucking plot revealed in trailer
>FatF bullshit
>Sulu gay husband scene blown out of proportion by Christian groups
>Pegg peppers the script with quips
>none of muh nostalgia besides an NX ship
They really overspent on this flick and it's no surprise it failed.

good

>making Sulu gay
>Idris Elba
>Enterprise destroyed in the first 50 minutes of the film
>oil-drilling spock
>bikes
>Simon Pegg doing my fucking nut in during the whole film

and into the trash it goes

The whole show is going to be first season of TNG, only it's an anthology show.
Roddenbury was a total commie SJW. Men in skirts, nobody in the crew allowed to have conflicts, all that shit. He had to be booted off for the show to survive.

Only Behind the Scenes after the first two stories it gets really good.

Yea yea we've all heard this shit. There is conflicts as much as there generally ever was in TOS (Pon Faar and madness stories aside) Worf gets at loggerheads with crew and Picard and Riker have to crack down more than a few times. All that you post is so exaggerated. Empty memes.

The start of S4 after Family and up to The Wounded is worse than S1.

It's funny watching through again today the whole men in skirts thing has aged regrettably well.

Checked.

As for Star Trek, its a shame, it was a great movie and felt very much like TOS.

I;ll go out and wathc it right now!

It was a good movie, but it felt like it never recovered from the shitty trailer.

Also, they should have never wrote that it was 2fast3furiouse in the trailer.
That hurt it like nothing else.

The movie was excellent.

So more explosions, barely concealed 9/11 parallels and blue filter?

I feel like re-watching a few episodes of TNG.

Does anyone have one of these guides, but for TNG? Just wanna watch a few good ones real quick, and have the chart for later reference.

The first half hour was absolutely comfy.
On par with the best star trek movies.

Yeah I got a chart for ya! I big one of ya get ma drift! Heh heh heh....

Whoever made the first trailer for this should never work ever again. Seeing a Beastie Boys Music video with zero space travel made me drop any interest in the film as soon as I was aware of it.

Still haven't seen it.

This, Jason Bourne and X-Men: Apocalypse were the only true summer blockbusters to come out this summer.

What's wrong with Idris Elba?

THEY BEAT THE VILLAIN WITH RAP MUSIC.

When is this flop meme going to end?

It made $336 million worldwide so far and it still hasn't released in Japan, one of the world's biggest movie markets where Trek movies do surprisingly well.

>nigger
>meme actor
>steals white roles

pick one

>When is this flop meme going to end?

Because it's LOSING MONEY you mongoloid

It cost $185 million to make (not counting promotion which is easily another $50-70 million if not more), it has made $158 million domestic of which Paramount gets ~60% at best, and $177 million foreign of which they get 1/3.

So yes, it's a financial flop, fucking Japan is not going to help it, if anyone is interested in Star Trek over there they'd downloaded it by now.

ohh you're one of those autistic nerds that are still made that their favorite Stephen King novel got BLACKED

cry harder white boi

meme actor

I usually like the guy, but he honestly kind of sucks in this movie.

At least Chris Pine was qt.

Not, just no

Nobody cares about your buzzwords in Trek threads, shoo shoo Cred Forumsedditor.

Calling bullshit, they're making a respectable sum for a Trek film. It's the lowest of Nu Trek but still high on the overall franchise.

that's what they get for letting go of the mastermind behind the reboot

Thank you Pegg, guy can co write a pretty decent screenplay.

it's literally this year's "ghostbusters"

It flopped because Into Darkness was dogshit. Almost no one I knew was interested in seeing Beyond. Because they didn't like the last one, and Beyond looked like fast and furious.

He added nothing but quips and made himself have a waifu.

Star Flop Beyond flopped harder than Nemesis.

Is it time to bring back Rick Berman to save this dead series?

Didint you know? Every movie needs to make 500 gorillian dollars to break even.

>not counting promotion
What promotion?

They need do a mega crossover movie to save the franchise. Like......Get back seven of nine, picard, and quark and they go back in time and get kirks dad and then go chill with kirk and spock to fight.... Q or some shit

idk...fuck it. I loved beyond. Thought there was no way the series could be saved after into darkness, but man Beyond was solid. Fuck the movie going audience. More awful ass DC movies it is huh?

>Anton didn't live to see his movie flop