If god is all powerful, he cannot be all good

>if god is all powerful, he cannot be all good

Has a Marvel flick ever had something on this level of thought-provoking, deep dialogue?

remember when this kind of garbage would be singled out as the edgy tryhard nonsense it is?

No, now it's part of the brand wars, starring OP as humongous faggot #67

marvel usually avoids mangling Epicurus the way a retarded teenager would while trying to pass it off as good dialogue.

Nope, it's simple yet profound. See how it triggers lesser intellects however.
They were weaned on quips.

DAE LOVE ORANGE SLICES XD

vision and ultron's exchange at the end of Age of Ultron is better - less 1st year philosophy tier and more 2nd year dropout - neither are anything to be proud of but at least the latter knows what it is.

DC failed to make good movies. Now people have to pretend:

>This shit is deep
>Eisenturd is a good actor and a good Lex Luthor
>Zach is a good director

I hate life.

Yeah, but they're serious. Lex is only using it to game Superman. He tried it on Senator Finch, too.

>There's only one god ma'am, and I'm pretty sure Muhammad is his prophet.

What did Cap mean by this?

>it's so deep
>but it's just a joke, don't take it so srs

>Eisenturd is a good actor and a good Lex Luthor
I didn't think he fit the role at all

>This shit is deep
A lot of the dialogue was cringe-worthy but I did like the "If god is all powerful" lines. It kinda brought superman down to a human perspective and in essence he is much as a human as a kryptonian; maybe even leaning towards human.

>Zach is a good director
I haven't seen his other work so I have no opinion but I did like this more than the second avengers movie.

It's deep because the only guy who calls Superman a god straight to his face, giving voice to what most other people in their world are thinking without daring to speak, is someone who sees him as nothing more than one more pawn.

>its deep because the dumbest character in the movie calls superman god

Not OP but another line I liked was when Lex said something like "You can't have knowledge without power, because knowledge IS power, that's an oxymoron." Feels really true in the information age where people might feel powerless despite so much knowledge of how shitty the world is.

I liked how he had to stop from proclaiming himself the most powerful man in the world. He very nearly did during his speech.

>nawledge is powah

wow so deep

are you fucking 12 or something?

Run along, junior. The adults are talking now.

>adults
>talking about bvs

... this idea legitimately frightens me.

Why does your permanent care facility allow access to Cred Forums?

We had this discussion in my 5th grade catholic school religion class. Not only is this statement simplistic but it's simply parroting the worst theologians of 9th century.

Had Snyder even done a cursory google search he would have easily seen how boring and child like Luthors statement was.

It's like a high school grasping at the straws of an idea he can't quite get his head around. Which is why it has such obvious appeal to DC fanatics who are in turn desperate to derive meaning from a shallow story.

You wouldn't know a deep character if you saw one. How do I know? You saw one and you didn't know it.

If Lex thinks Superman is a god, why does he refer to him as a flying demon with his next breath? The answer is the polar opposite of shallow.

>The serum amplifies everything that is inside, so good becomes great; bad becomes worse. This is why you were chosen. Because the strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.

The answer is he's a badly written character.

You were weaned on nigger cocks, faggot

>If you could make God bleed, people would cease to believe in Him. There will be blood in the water, the sharks will come. All I have to do is sit back and watch as the world consumes you.

Iron Man 2 is a better BvS than BvS

Says the guy thinking about "nigger cocks"

>Why doesn't God force us to do his will

It never fails to amuse me when stupid people look at things they don't understand and declare those things to be stupid.

What did you want, a monologue and a PowerPoint? Fucking child.

>The devil gets, as usual, the most florid dialogue, and Jesse Eisenberg dispenses it with exuberant intelligence. He steals every scene. In a recent interview in Le Monde, Eisenberg discussed his approach to the role:

>'Luthor becomes a character from Greek tragedy. At least, that’s how I approached it, in accord with the screenwriter. He only talks about ideas, which makes him a profoundly theatrical character. I can also play on a paradox: rendering this individual funny although he behaves in an appalling way, also showing him prone to deep depressions because of his internal conflicts. I did everything I could to theatricalize him in the extreme. I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film.'

>Eisenberg’s gleeful and inventive performance suggests that he may be at his best in a tight framework that restrains his physicality and converges his acting to vocal inflections and turns of phrase, gestures and facial expressions.

>capeshit faggots don't know who epicurus is
huge surprise

I wanted Lex Luther, not a spastic atheist strawman.

This dude always plays a beta, even when he plays a alpha billionaire he's beta

> You could have the power of the gods! Yet you wear a flag on your chest and think you fight a battle of nations! I have seen the future, Captain! There are no flags!
> You are deluded, Captain. You pretend to be a simple soldier, but in reality you are just afraid to admit that we have left humanity behind. Unlike you, I embrace it proudly. Without fear!
So did Cap 1.

marvel is for children
dc is for man

Top kek

You must be really stupid to think that's better writing.

You're right he should have mentioned God and Saytan about twenty more times to get his point across.

Yeah I really loved this blatant exposition.

what a passive aggressive reply lol