Prepared for a masterpiece of cinema, Cred Forums?

Prepared for a masterpiece of cinema, Cred Forums?

Read that as Martin Scorsese's Silence of the Lambs

Scorsese already made a horror film

Praying to god this ends up being his There Will Be Blood

This could honestly be his masterpiece.

>3.5 hour existentialist drama in a January movie theatre
It's going to be so comfy. Just like how The Revenant and The Hateful Eight were playing at the same time.

I'm stunned Paramount actually gave it a release date, and aren't cutting it down at all

Me too. I was expecting them to gut its awards chances because of their slate, and release it in April or something.
Or worse, they could have made a shorter cut for theatres.

The priests deserved it.

I want to keep bitching that it was finished being edited or at least shot in May 2015 and isn't getting a release for almost 2 years. It's just absurd. A Martin Scorsese film being buried by it's studio is beyond reproach

It's been in production for a long time, yes. But editing was finished a few months ago, not 2015. Still, they've had the finished film since then.

Is this the Mortal Kombat movie

It's about a Catholic Priest in Japan lol

It's based on a world famous historical fiction novel written by a catholic nip named Shūsaku Endō about a Jesuit Priest in Japan in the era were all Catholics and Christians were persecuted and holocausted by the Shogunate.

But of course Cred Forums knows shit about literature

But I guess le big guy 4 you XD

>"about a Jesuit Priest in Japan in the era were all Catholics and Christians were persecuted and holocausted by the Shogunate"
>tfw I learn about this historic detail through Rurouni Kenshin
...my life is misserable

Isn't he directing this just because of a contractual obligation? Didn't he dodge the project several times?

Apparently this is a passion project

NO

FUCK YOU SCORSESE

Nah I'm joking, it'll probably be fantastic. Hopefully the nominees aren't a joke this year and we get an actual host

A passion project that he put aside for 20 years, I see

Dude that would be so fucking dank.

Nicholson as Lecter?
Bruh...

what film student short flick is this?

>triple voice over narration

he wasnt ready bruh

I had to read it in highschool. It was gay.

Macbeth

kurzels macbeth was pure kino and aesthetic videographié

Meh, it looks pretty.

looks like trendy garbage. looks like a music video

The most obnoxious part was getting a bitch that cant speak english to play lady macbeth.

I've read this novel. I can see Scorsese doing a TON with this source material. It will probably be in the vein of The Last Temptation of Christ.

There was trouble acquiring the finances. Google is your friend.

>Priests bombed Nagasaki
>A Catholic city

Nigga you dumb af.

more catholic kino? sounds good to me

Not Endō's best work, imo. "The Samurai" covered the same themes better.

The only time I've heard Marty did a film out of contract was Shutter Island. Rumor is he was initially interested and lost it by the time production actually started. I think it was supposed to be a quick shoot but hollywood happened

Same

someone photoshop cia in the background