Which one is the best?

Which one is the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qYNvTX_ioYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Objectively Spirited Away but my personal favorite is Princess Mononoke

Mononoke Hime

The one where the little girl goes on an amazing adventure and learns a valuable lesson.

Haven't seen that one.

Nausicaa

Mononoke

The Only Correct Answer
Mononoke is a close second

But Mononoke is a perfected Nausicaa

It's pretty great, amigo.

It combines all sorts of fantasy elements and creates a timeless story and teaches an important life lesson. I'm surprised you haven't seen it.

Nausicaa and Laputa are top tier comfy.
Mononoke is also fantastic.

I really can't pick one.

The Wind Rises is personally my favorite. I watched it in a small local theater freezing my anus off but it was a magical experience for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=qYNvTX_ioYo

Nausicaa.
Perhaps because it's the un-comfiest one.

Howl's Moving Castle, every day, and nothing you or anyone can say will change my mind.

Omoide Poroporo

Says the Hillary shill

I love HMC.

What's wrong with you

My nigga

Have you read the books? They're really fantastic.

Future Boy Conan, although it's not technically Ghibli. Miyazaki is the director, though

Kiki's Delivery Service.

Suck my dick Grave of the Fireflies is GOAT

I liked most of them. Worst ones though in no particular order:

Grave of the fireflies
Tales from Earthsea
Totoro and Kiki's (only good when you were a kid, search your feelings you know it to be true.)

>Anno Domini bis millesimo sedecim.
>Being a nipp apologist

+1
Learned of its existence and quality ages ago and saw it some 10-15 years later. It lived up to the hype.

Princess Mononoke is the best. Porco Rosso honorable mention because Myiazaki really fucking loves planes.

Good taste my friend.

How does it feel to be a pleb?

Y-you too

Feels good man. What are you gonna do about it?

I like how you think it's OK to kick Phil Hartman when he's dead, you shittaste no-account.

I hate to be that guy, but Nausicaa is garbage compared to the books.

You high?

>misremembered reading that Tales from Earthsea was good
>download it
>first ~20 minutes: "this is gonna be fucking epic"
>mfw the last 30 minutes

grave of the fireflies is a 9

nausicaa and mononoke are 8.5s that are more satisfying

most of the remainder fall in the 7s

Nausicaa is too preachy about how humans are bad and nature is perfect.

Mononoke is about how their must be a balance between humanity's and nature's right to live and thrive. Imo, you can tell Miyazaki made Mononoke after Nausicaa and how his views evolved with time.

Yeh

Laputa is the comfiest but Spirited Away is the best

PONYO
O
N
Y
O

SAKANA NO KO

Hate to be that guy, but Nausicaa is a mediocre movie all by itself without bringing up the greatness of the manga.

Im sober as a judge after wading through all these terrible opinions. Phil Hartman was the voice actor for jiji the cat in the English release.

Only Yesterday

Princess Mononoke is pretty much what the Nausicaa movie would've been like if it was more like manga. Things are a lot more ambiguous in it.

I cried at the end of Howl's moving castle.

Such a good flick

Howl was a little bitch

Yes.

That may be, but that scene at the end where everything starts to fall about and there's that doggo with the mustache, very very sad stuff

Anything else is just action flics.

I really like Ponyo, fuck the haters. It's a really cute movie.

Disagree, the fact of the manga being awesome makes it worse when they shaft all the themes and tack on a Disney ending.

Sounds awesome. I think context like where you're watching a Miyazaki/how you're feeling at the time/etc. has a big impact on which one ends up being your favorite.

This was probably the last ghibli movie I saw.
Really underwhelming, not as bad as ponyo or earth sea but it was a bad kind of boring.

Mah niggas

This one is so good. It might be my favorite, though I wouldn't have liked it as much when I was younger.

Ponyo wasn't bad.

This and it's not close.

3rd post best post

>Ponyo wasn't bad.
It's like the second worse.

>but Spirited Away is the best
it's really just this.

Whichever ghibli movie you saw first or is your personal favorite, is always the second best ghibli film.

But spirited away is just objectively the best.

>no mention of environmental consciousness
>no feminist angle
>no talking animals or objects
Yawn. You could have done better...

/thread

Mononoke, though I love it dearly, is the epitome of preachiness.
>Look, women can work, too!
>Oh, I guess we should have not fucked up nature blatantly... lesson learned!

Ponyo is great, it's just aimed at a younger audience.

top taste

>be a Japanese child
>want to watch My Neighbor Totoro
>have to watch Grave of the Fireflies first because it was released as a double feature

jesus christ.

It's a good thing that you got to see the karmic fate of your people in animated form.

Wrong hime you dumb fucks

CitS will always be my favourite. Hamil as Muska really is just the icing on the cake.

This has always been, and always will, be my favourite. The others just spooked me as a kid.

This shit was awful

I'd say objectively Spirited Away tied with The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, but my personal favorite is Grave of the Fireflies.

literally wrong

watch closely y'all this is how you kill a god a god of life and death the trick is to not fear it

BALLS LMAO!

HOly siht you sould be banned for such a shit taste

Correct.

I think Castle In The Sky is the best. idk, i just really liked it more than the others. Ponyo 2nd.

its so fucking adorable. i just get butterflies throughout the whole thing. plus the art is jaw dropping.

Thoughts on Kiki's Delivery Service

I was a little disappointed desu Totoro is my favorite

The one that's made from a bunch of their members before they joined Ghibli.

I want to say My Neighbor Totoro but that's probably just the nostalgia talking. Or the cocaine.

The Wind Rises is my favourite, it just reminds me of the youthful optimism and passion that I once had for things.

Grave of the FIreflies gets a mention too, 2nd favourite one.

>not loving planes

Naussicca

MILLIONS

Spirited Away > Mononoke > Castle of Cagliostro > Castle in the Sky > Porco Rosso > Kiki > Cat Returns > HMC > Naussica > Ponyo > Totoro > Pom Poko > Earth sea > Everything else

I wish the sex, the violence and the aesthetics of that B-movie inspired era of manga and anime (usually OVAs) would be channeled into a new movement today that would utilize those more constructively.
But with the current state Japanese animation is in general, it's all but impossible due to non existing budgets and retarded censorship policies.
Moe sells, CGI is cheap, High School is eternal....

You probably think TFA is better than the Prequels.

The one with the teenaged protagonist.

>ywn cuddle with Nausicaa