Is it as good as they say it is?

Is it as good as they say it is?
Is it a comfy watch or too avantgarde?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TGRDYpCmMcM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's fine. Watch and enjoy.

I've always found it very comfy, I love it.

It may be slow in some parts for some people, but overall it is excellent.

Top 5 favorite movies tbqh famalamadingdong. Everyone has different taste though. Like said just watch and enjoy.

The first time I saw it, I thought it was ok, but slow.

2nd time I saw it I went to bed a different person

It's fantastic and soul wrenching. Don't know about comfy, physically maybe but not so much mentally

Is slow, but comfy.

>Is it a comfy watch or too avantgarde?
both
that's why it's so good

It's the one Tarkovsky movie other than Nostalgia that has good acting in it.

Its slow and boring, its tryhard modern """"art""""

Why don't you fucking watch films instead of shitposting about them in fucking Cred Forums

kys

it is good, ive always enjoyed it, but it is slow and can be a bit artsy/philosophy at times, but otherwise pretty good.

>yfw new remaster is on filmstruck and fucking YOUTUBE but Criterion hasn't announced a blu ray yet
youtube.com/watch?v=TGRDYpCmMcM

>bit artsy/philosophy at times
not a bad thing at all.

If you mean Artificial Eye their 'remasters' are literally amped up gamma and contrast lmao.

if you dont feel enthralled by even the first scene in stalker I don't know whats wrong with you. the pacing is generally slow through-out but it "picks up" when they reach the zone

the whole movie is beautiful it goes from serene to panic inducing I really love the meatmincer scene because absolutely nothing happens but it put me on edge more than horror has

It's very comfy.

Long, boring, and 2deep4u. Some cool visuals.

watch it with a mild buzz, alcohol or weed.

It's makes the movie ten times better.

yeah it makes everything 10 times better idiot

if you need a buzz to watch something as entry level and good as stalker you should just stop there

>tfw have wanted to watch this for years
>want to watch it all in one sitting with a comfy setting
>never have the opportunity

>no subs
kys

It's atmospheric and the world is interesting but ultimately nothing fucking happens.
Coming from Roadside Picnic and the games series it is related to, I was underwhelmed.

it's all about the last scene
if you stick around for it, the pay off is 100/10
if you duck out early, the movie stinks

by that, i mean the confrontation in the chamber, not the scenes back home

"nothing fucking happens"

either you didn't watch the movie or you're so stupid you really typed that in full confidence

it's not about the zone or finding strelok, the pay off isn't there because it's what YOU think the zone is and what you can learn from yourself by going there

Haven't watched it in 10 years, sorry.
You're very passionate.

It's comfy at parts and very unpleasnat at others. Mostly comfy.
Great film. I'm not very much into foreign arthouse cinema, played this because I just love the games and knew there was a superficial relation. Enjoyed it a ton.

It's a real shame there's no bluray.

no artificial eye is using an old source. just watch the fucking video, the enhancement to quality is amazing
it's only on youtube BECAUSE there's no subs dumbass. look at the uploader; it's mosfilm. the russian government. they let someone else pay to license the film to english speaking countries. this is for Russians only

there's an mkv of the 1080p youtube video with synced subtitles that wou'd already have if you weren't a pleb

AW SHIT NIGGA IT'S REAL

is boring nonsensical shit, like everthing from that hack of tarkovsky.

that said, you better watch it, because if you don't, you'll never know if the meme is real.

god damn this film is so fucking pretty
I just randomly hopped and this is the first thing I get

Watch it, it's eyecandy the whole way through.

baraka is eye candy. even BvS is. stalker is lousy overrated to death shit.

by all means, watch it, but be prepared for the worst.

please stop with the shit taste, it's triggering me

he's right tho

If I played the games do you think I would like it?

>even BvS is. stalker is lousy overrated to death shit.
please die soon kthnxbi

nah nigga
definitely, even though they're nothing alike other than the zone being a weird place. It has that Stalker feel that the games have.

>nah nigga
you're white lmao

I've played the games extensively and while it lacks the emergent danger and anxiety the game has it still retains that grating sort of slowburn of paranoia, you're on your toes for half the film and segments like the meat-mincer are almost as anxiety inducing as going underground but the film is more cerebral and dialogue based along with audio and visual ques.

nah nigga
I'm Jewish

even worse

I think the acting is good, and the cinematography is very good.
But I can't stand the philosophy, it feels very trite, hamfisted and without cohesion.
So the story takes a huge drop for me because of that.
Overall a 5/10

Is that Trump?