I just watched this. What did I think?

I just watched this. What did I think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/suCm1w_KTiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Assuming you actually did just watch this, instead of making a thread of substance where you go into your own thoughts about the film, you decide to shitpost. Good job. You are everything that is wrong with Cred Forums right now.

I liked it thought. But I am kind of confused with the races footage.

>says the namefag

How can you be confused by a race?

"man, that would have been so much better on acid"

Underappreciated but one of the Wachowski brothers' better works.

You clearly were not thinking.

it was

I wish they would take some time to show the tracks before each race.

this

I feel like people got turned off by how the cgi looked, especially the scene when you see speed leave the classroom and he sees his brother outside.

People got over the top butthurt on how weird it looked and dismissed the whole film over it.

Rewatch it the other day forgot how emotional the first race feels when hes racing against his brothers time limit, and you see him racing his "ghost" and he lets him win so his record stays.

Was really an awesome movie, and its too bad we'll never see more of it, or even a new game of it on the new game systems would be dope, if it had the same look/atmosphere.

Also that last race was fuckin dope and to me the movie had the best car scenes i've ever seen in a movie

>Also that last race was fuckin dope and to me the movie had the best car scenes i've ever seen in a movie

How can anyone dislike a movie where they spin kick a card with another car? It was hype as hell.

I really liked it when I went to the cinema, would be a cult classic if not for the eyesore excess cgi, it would had made a far greater movie to have real sets and slightly less cheesy dialogue. Also, it has one of the most climactic climaxes in cinema, pretty hardcore I'd say..

d-does this actually happen.

And how would you build real sets of upside down tracks and cars that can jump 50 feet in the air?

it was a pretty awesome movie, especially when people will jerk off constantly over Marvel movies and say "hurr durr its just fun get over it", Speed Racer was all fun. Visuals were awesome, it was a great movie to see in theaters too. I should take a tab and watch it again, its been a while

The movie feels like a cartoon, which for some reason lends itself well as an adaptation.

less cheesy... have you seen any speed racer episodes?

The real reason it's so great to me is that it's probably the most sincere movie made in the last decade. It's heartfelt, feel good, and there isn't a hint of irony or cynicism in the whole thing.

Not everything has to be cgi IMHO, but there's a lot of crazy shit stuntmen can pull off on actual cars, so it's completely reasonable to use practical effects a la Mad Max, or Fast and the Furious.

But it's based on a cartoon so I have no issue with it being CGI. It was never supposed to look even a little bit realistic.

The tone's crazy confused in the movie actually, in one moment the fat weeb is on an acid trip, on the next some yakuza is getting his hand eaten by piranhas.

I loved the speech mr royalton gives speed about what racing really is, its all business and its all rigged.

Also I'm pretty sure I never watched a full speed racer episode but moreover than cheesy, it was very much 70-80's, like much more noticeably than any other anime of the time.

However the color pallette is very distracting, a lot of very unnatural purples and pinks, which is actually kinda of out of place when you consider most races in the show were in the sand. On the other hand the costumes were so outlandish and colorful that they lend themselves well to the style.

2nd best work next to the matrix

id put it at #1 but I know people wont agree with me

honestly most of the sisters work is shit

The colors were a little distracting but I can understand the reason, going for a slightly cyberpunk/Neo Tokyo kind of vibe.

bad

It was pretty hype. Definitely one of the best racing movies from the last 30 years.

Fucking great, most fun I've had in the theater was having the place to myself and yelling like a mad cunt during the final race.

Film is much better without the first 20 minutes

I noticed that too. Lose he weird exposition.

I wish it had started with Matthew Fox going after the mafia guys' trunk to save the captured Asian racer.

This literally looks like a Tim and Eric skit.

And cut out the first race where Speed leaves his brother's record intact? No thank you.

Is the cartoon worth it?
youtu.be/suCm1w_KTiY

for real, him winning is one of best moments

You tell us, you spineless fuck.

Everyone who saw it on IMAX loved it. The visuals are that strong and well done.

Only a 4K release has a shot of doing the movie justice.

It's one of those movies that suffers NOT being seen in a theater.

Kino

Christina Ricci is fuckable and creepy.

literally kino

I think that the movie went too heavy on exposition but I don't mind the opening sequence. I'd cut it down but I wouldn't get rid of it.

What I think is worse are the flashbacks during the final sequence after Speed restarts his engine and starts to regain the lead. It should have just been a prolonged close-up of him driving with the visual effects going on in the background. Any viewer with half a brain can tell what he's thinking about, we don't need to cut back to his mom telling him what she thinks about racing.

I agree with this. When it came out Armond White lumped it together with Iron Man but looking back I think it looks much better. Iron Man and all the rest feel like cynical exploitation of childish crap that nobody involved takes seriously while Speed Racer is full of genuine enthusiasm and creativity. They could have done more to be sure but I like it a lot.

I also liked Cloud Atlas. Did anybody else like Cloud Atlas?

the make-up left a lot to be desired in Cloud Atlas but I really liked the way the different stories were cut together for different juxtapositions and fun to come up with different theories as to what each characters past or future meant ect

Jupiter Ascending on the other hand...

I didn't mind the goofy makeup jobs. It didn't 'break my immersion' or any faggoty shit like that when I saw Hugo Weaving as a goofy looking Korean cop, making everyone weirdly recognizable was fun and I in particular loved what they did with Hugh Grant. I couldn't believe it when his roles were revealed at the end of the movie.

Haven't seen Jupiter Ascending though. I've heard lots of bad things.

I actually love this movie. It's a surprisingly good adaptation of the speed racer TV show, which modern audiences just didn't appreciate.

Cred Forums in 1 post

gg op

If OP were truly Cred Forums he would have marathoned the first 30 seconds while posting BLACKED threads from his iphone before creating this thread. Actually watching an entire movie isn't very Cred Forums.

great-tier film. Ambitious and extremely well edited.

I know I'm going to get shit for this but three of us went to the film and I was a bit younger and we had just rolled a blunt of dank. Shit was off the rails, by the end of the film we were laughing so fucking hard that parents were actually looking at us like we were insane.

I was in fucking tears at how ridiculous the film was, and it was everything I expected from a live action speed racer flick.

Pretty great.

Kek.

You're retarded

Top kek

>make thread about bad movie
>nothing but acclaim and discussion
>make thread about good movie that's well acclaimed
>nothing but memes and disapproval

Cred Forums

Yes, we are going to give you shit for using terms like "blunt of dank" and being "that kid who has to talk about weed in every conversation".

So feel free to piss off.

It was pretty fucking stupid. I was expecting more, but it turned into Spy Kids with Race cars.

digital colouring was a mistake

What are some good movies like this? Heartfelt and cheesy, maybe some weirdness

You expected more from a movie based on a Japanese anime about racing cars with super powered gadgets?

monster house

That movie was just weird as shit. I still don't know if I like it or not.

Yes. The TV show didn't have the super gay futuristic hotwheels race tracks.

BEST ANIME LIVE ACTION HANDS DOWN!! NONJA NONJA NONJA NONJA

In film class they aught us about Realism vs. Formalism. This movie was way off the charts in the formalistic category. Unfortunately, a lot of people are off-put by formalism.

Seeing this movie in Imax was almost a religious experience. You guys missed out if you didn't see it on a huge screen.

It really was phenomenal. I was grinning like an idiot during the whole last race. One of the few movies where I actually wanted to cheer with it.

Its a live action anime as pointed out.
HOWEVER

I think its more of a vision of a possible VR future for mankind:
Those vibrant colors.
Life at hyperspeed.
Projected idealized versions of individuals.
BDSM - Racer X
You have neat names that sound like internet handles - Inspector Detector
Christina Ricci - num num