Just give him an Oscar already

Just give him an Oscar already

Other urls found in this thread:

fastcocreate.com/3056743/master-class/anatomy-of-a-scene-the-most-pivotal-moment-in-the-witch-explained
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What a great movie it was.

Has a kid ever been nominated for an Oscar?

Of course.
Last one i remember was the nigger girl in Beasts of the Southern Wild. And this year i heard a lot of people saying Jacob Tremblay was snubbed for Room.

Yeah, Haley Joel Osment for The 6th Sense, for one

Also, there's an alternate reality where Leo lost his Oscar to the kid from the Room

bump

Yup

Anna paquin won an oscar at about 8 yrs old.

gtfo you little faggot

That scene was very uncanny and creepy; great acting by the kid indeed.

i agree

I wasn't sure if i was being attracted or repulsed
Easily one of the best scenes of this year so far

Finally watched the movie last night, did jesus actually save him or was it the devil just fucking with the family?

I truly believed he wanted to suck on his sister's titties

Why you want to know? It could be collective hysteria or cabin fever for all that we know
That's why it's so great

Long answer:
>"A lot of scenes started with 'that's interesting.' I'd read something and be like, 'That’s interesting—that's evocative. Maybe I’ll start writing a scene around some evocative language,'" Eggers says. "That 'kiss me with the kisses with his mouth' was very striking to me. With some more research, I realized it's from the Song of Solomon that Winthrop is appropriating. It's very common all through the Middle Ages and the early modern period for people to appropriate biblical language in their own way. But this kind of mystical, erotic relationship with God is something that was very interesting, to say the least. And I think that especially from a modern perspective, we really wonder is he saved or is he not saved? And that’s a question that the parents are asking themselves."
fastcocreate.com/3056743/master-class/anatomy-of-a-scene-the-most-pivotal-moment-in-the-witch-explained

Short answer:
Who knows

I took it as him being saved by Jesus. He rejected the apple (temptation) and did manage to escape from a witch who clearly liked to kill children, plus his descriptions of heaven and salvation fits what his mother describes (before her loss of faith).

>But this kind of mystical, erotic relationship with God is something that was very interesting
fugg

did you even watch the movie? he was not saved. he died.

i hope you're not being serious

>Why you want to know? It could be collective hysteria or cabin fever for all that we know
>That's why it's so great

Kermode tried to push this shit too and it's absolute pseud garbage. There is NOTHING that even implies the supernatural elements aren't real, and the film is much better for not going the tired MUH AMBIGUITY route.

wish this movie had 50% more of this kid and his dad just doing shit for the good of their family tbqh

I think it was worse for the lack of ambiguity. It seemed to be a film with themes and ideas that should have been ambiguous and we should never see the witch, maybe the coven at the end, but instead they are just upfront and in your face that it is all actually happening even though it's dealing with more psychological stuff. It created a jumbled sense of purpose and brought the movie down quite a bit. It should have been either/or but instead it tried to be two things and failed

>intentionally ambiguous
>i intentionally left it open for audience interpretation

lol these are excuses used by sub-par directors and writers to cover plot holes and weak writing. they pretend they did it on purpose. and pretentious film-wannabes parrot what they say thinking it makes them sound more grown-up.

this

This is correct.

Then it would be just another horror movie