Is Benjamin Sisko "that nigga"?

Is Benjamin Sisko "that nigga"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o7SXraLd1xA
youtube.com/watch?v=mo_IAkl5LfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HcpvuZNO0Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=IjvYiSDJujA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He does nig-out sometimes, but usually to make his underlings stop being bitches and fall in line.

He's the one nigger in ten thousand.

Who is "our guy" and why is it Odo?

He upholds the LAW.

yes his early character in season 1-2 picking on jr officer bashir was pretty cool. so was dax being emotionless spock before quirky jadzia

At least he wasn't Bakula.

Why is he so perfect?

HE IS THE LAW

That's not Garak...

garak thread?

Yes please!

What are some other characters similar to Garak? The only one i can think of is Varys from Game of Plebs but I'm sure they're are more

Yeah, there are like a bunch of other gay characters on TV.

as in spymaster or conflicted motives or what?

His character is pretty awesome. The actor is weird as fuck. Kooky would be a lame but appropriate word.

Watch "The Captains".

>time travel episode
>60's
>"it ain't me" starts playing

changeling bashir.

Best Dax

I love the show and everything but there are some really atrocious episodes... otoh no roddenberry wife every season

>molesting a mans shoulders three minutes after meeting him

What did he mean by this?

also how does nobody ever mention vic fontaine when they talk about this show

The episode with her and Odo is pretty good tho

because he's a forgettable faggot that only Ira Steven Behr cares about because I guess he was obsessed with the Gidget movies as a kid

youtu.be/o7SXraLd1xA

this is some bad shit but i giggled

I'm working my way through the first two seasons (aka the "bad" ones) for the first time now and even the worst episodes blow the bad episodes of TOS and TNG out of the water. The only truly bad ones I think so far has been the one with the cripple alien (and the B plot was ok in that one) and the one where Sisko gets some girls' stand as a waifu and then a mildly annoying professor kills himself for some reason because it was fucking boring.

im on the final season now and can agree. i think ds9 might be my personal fav trek series even with all the ham

same, im on season 3 now and it's just gotten better. im actually really impressed with the show. it captured the feeling of TNG while having more interesting character interactions and more emphasis on politics

What the FUCK was her problem?

Imagine that you're Pope. Life is awesome, you're the leader of your people, everybody has to listen to you. But then suddenly Jesus Christ comes back, and he says that you're wrong about everything.

Oh fuck.

But wait... are you absolutely SURE that he's the real Jesus Christ? Maybe he isn't...

Make Bajor Cardassian Again

Hello, Bajor. Fellow Bajoran here. Anyone else here not a reconciliast, but wishes the Cardassians had won?

Theirs was a truly effective fascist government that took a Bajor on its knees from a backwards religious shantyplanet and turned it into a cultural, technological and economic powerhouse within the space of fifty years.

The Bajoran uplifting was a social experiment in the way that many reformed or newly-warping civilizations are. The Federation is an experiment in degeneracy and excess. The Klingon Empire is an experiment in unchecked aggression. The Romulan Star Empire is an experiment in rampant xenophobia. But the Central Command’s Cardassian Union was the grandest experiment of them all: a rejection of the gentle side of humanoid life and a wholehearted pursuit of our more lizardic side: The glorification of the strong, the self-sufficient, and the dominant. It was to be the beginning of a bolder and more uncompromising galactic civilization that would bring discipline where before there was only coddling; that would harden the soft, and that would not be afraid to say that equality means equal opportunities, not that all species regardless of education or skill are inherently equal to one another. It was a call out to all forms of life to transcend their passive, mediocre existances and aspire to become the heroic and unstoppable force that our galaxy always had the potential to become, under Central Command’s leadership.

The Cardassian Union was the combined hopes, dreams and ambitions of all who dared to dominate; but in the end, these dreams were quashed by weak, subversive Vedeks who would rather hold their superiors back rather than attempt to catch up.

That and the fact that he's not bajoran himself.

kless already came back tho.

That's not Odocurzon.

the pah wraiths are the true gods of bajor

>Imagine you're Hillary Clinton and you've waited patiently all your life for "your turn" at total global leadership and Donal Trump comes in and says no.

no he's /ournigga/

Holy shit imagine the freaky sex acts a changeling could perform on you?

>tfw no changeling gf

It only gets better from there. The character development and interactions are great. You do not get nearly as much of it from the other Trek series due to their more episodic nature.

Do you think he gives himself a dick when he's walking around? I bet he crafts himself a big ol dick every day and just swings it in criminal's faces

Is Nana Visitor a changeling? How is it that she is sixty years old but she has clearly STILL GOT IT and DAMN, NANA VISITOR LOOKS LIKE *THAT*??

she's got a sexy cruella deville thing going on these days

I'd let Odo violate me tbqh

it's the JUICE

Idk what it is about her but she was always my favorite Trek chick.

I'm on Season 4 now. I enjoyed most of S1 abd S2 but I can already see what people are complaining about. Definitely glad it's less Bajor heavy now. Overall a great show and I hear the best is yet to come.

As the heat is turned up with the Dominion conflict, the show really finds itself.

She is still pissed the chief broke out of the cuckoos nest.

But serious, she is always the best antagonist.

That's clearly Slug-o-Cola, the slimiest cola in the galaxy. Drink Slug-o-Cola, and keep your teeth that lovely shade of green.

Best episode is "Duet" in which Yulin Harris and Nana Visitor got sort of a Hannibal Lecter/Clarice Starling dynamic.

>watching ds9 for the first time ever
>around mid s4
>enjoying the ride so far very very much
>notice something odd compared to tng
>no full-on retarded holodeck episodes
>couple of parallel universe and/or timetravel though, but they were okay I guess
>suddenly, pic related
They usually feel like the equivalent of a clipshow, as in, they want to shit out some episode real quick so they just come up with whatever random story, then they work it around a holodeck malfunction. Either that or the actors demanded to perform completely different characters because it's space-magics so why the fuck not.

The story goes that they were going to do more episodes of that holostory, but MGM tried to sue them for that episode, they got it brought down to a cease and desist (or something like that), and were allowed to keep that one.

Remember that time anons made a ds9 rap album?

>Watching DS9 for first time
>Watching Explorers
>ABSOLUTE THIIIIIIICK AS FUC semen demon walks slowly down the stairs.
What the fuck! Why didn't any of you assholes say anything about her? I already drained my nuts twice. Please tell there is more of Leeta.

"Was your wife causing you severe psychological stress Mr O'Brien?"

She bangs a Ferengi

tos s2 is off to a bad start, does it get better?

She gets BFG

>Please tell there is more of Leeta.
More, and less.

Avery Brooks is the greatest actor of all times.

youtube.com/watch?v=mo_IAkl5LfQ

>that final few frames

Memes aside he's a 10/10 ham actor. Sheev-level powerhouse

> Dax to Sisko. Benjamin, you're needed in Ops.
"I'll be right there Old Man. Computer, save programme and exit."

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

>Lou Diamond Phillips' character's name is Cisco

POETRY

>BUST SOME CAPS

Every time

de Boer is one of the cutest actress of all time. That sweet innocent voice makes me diamonds

Greetings hoomans.

It is I, the Grand Nagus.

Aheeheeheeheeheehee!

>it's a space Jew Nosferatu episode

Donald Trump loses the election though.

>Behind Bars (Of Gold-Pressed Latinum)

If I was Bashir and my qtgf left my genetically enhanced mega dong for Rom's 4 inch orange cock I would kill myself.

Link motherfucker.

who cares, Bashir ends up with the best grill in all of Trek and cucks Worf

He was tired of her and swimming in pussy. You would too if you were him user. He's a dashing Federation Doctor who does undercover espionage alongside the 2 most dangerous Paragovernmental Agencies in the quadrant, that shit is irresistible.

Bester in Babylon 5.
Except he's an even bigger dick.

It was just a cover with song titles and I didn't save that pasta

I love Bester, greatest B5 character after Londo and G'Kar

>Londo and G'Kar
When these two are talking, it's like Cred Forums banter in space

He came off like an old jazz man. Also shatner was annoying the fuck out of him the whole time.

is this the pic? Don't have the pasta

Is season six of DS9 any good? Is it one of the better seasons of the show or is it mostly shit?

Akhtually one guy made a funny picture of a rap album with the DS9 characters and in a fit of boredom I decided to humor him by making the track listing.
I wish I saved it thought, I was kinda proud of myself too

Except she wasn't the Pope when she pops up in the show.

In fact, she tries her best to assassinate the other candidate for Pope.

It's excellent, and definitely one of the better seasons. Best one is Season 4 tho for sure

Yeah that's the one.

>In fact, she tries her best to assassinate the other candidate for Pope.
More like character assassination insinuating Jakar was a collaborator, when really he was covering up for Opaka.

My only regret is that we didn't see other races being digged into the same way.
>the minbari are enlightened psychic religious weirdos
>the vorlons are transcendent ayylmaos
>the rest are just a bunch of extras in costume
>only the Centauri and the Narn are somewhat "human"

america will lose the election no matter who wins
they're basically voting for which fire will burn everything down the fastest

mind blown

>"ok so this guy's race are basically space germany"
>"so that means that the other guy is some sort of space jew"
>he's actually space taliban

>it's a breaking open a watermelon with a boken on the beach episode

>1. Black Meat In Your Wormhole
>2. Commander (Of Believers)
>3. Change Bling ft. Odd Hoe
>4. Behind Bars (Of Gold Pressed Latinum)
>5. Trill Ass Nigga
>6. BJore
>7. Run (About)
>8. Profession Prophet
>9. E-N-H-A-N-C-E-D ft Dr.B
>10. Accessory To Murder
>Bonus Tracks
>11. Authorities Defiant
>12. Crack Spoonhead (Cardassian Diss)

>Man, that nigga gay

Thanks man

. Crack Spoonhead (Cardassian Diss)

>trill ass nigga is a real expression
really made me think

>someone saves your OC
Y-you too!

WOT DE FECK DOES DAT MEAN YE FECKING LIZARD CUNT? IF I EVER GET OUTTA HERE IMMA BEAM A WHOLE AWAY TEAM OF HURT ALL OVER YOU

Fine taste user(s)

i loved chekov in B5, but at the same time it was a little difficult to take him seriously as some intimidating psychic nazi space man when he is a literal manlet

We do, he's always mentioned as the worst character in all of star trek,

She was incredible. You know an actor is amazing when you hate the character with a passion.

He's referring to the time Kai Wynn bombed Keiko's school so Bareil would come to the station where she could have him assassinated, the time she framed him as a collaborator was later.

You can't take his mental stature seriously because of his physical stature?

You, my friend, are a mental manlet.

Looks like you lads forgot that the composition of the moon is roughly 100% only paper.

hes like 5'2 and a scrawny faggot, not exactly someone you cast as a person that is supposed to be highly intimidating

B5 didn't invent the cliche of weak body, powerful mind. How is this your first time encountering it?

That episode was great in spite of him, not because of him

But that and his soft-spoken child voice made him extra sinister.

Before the beard he was.

Anyone know what happened to the rolarenfag? Did he go back to rabbit?

They finally started watching other Treks and realized that TNG is Bottom Tier when it comes to waifus.

Ro Laren is great, and literally the only remotely interesting female character in TNG

The kidnapped girl is names Keiko as well.

Guinan had some great moments, despite what Cred Forums will tell you.

>flirting with Riker
>bantz with Data and Lal
>schooling Worf
>seeing through Ro's shit
>helping Picard to measure men

Sorry, but I can't stand her or her wise magical negro bullshit. Even Beverly is a better character and she has the personality of a plank of wood

>Daily reminder that Sisko was a Section 31 agent planted on DS9 so that he would start a war with the dominion so that Section 31 could increase their power in the Federation

Do you have a small phaser? Are you jealous that her phaser is bigger than yours?

youtube.com/watch?v=HcpvuZNO0Zc

youtube.com/watch?v=IjvYiSDJujA

I laughed. Thank you for sharing.

>she will never be your overly-friendly, somewhat handsy aunt

>Avery Brooks will not play a reoccuring klingon character in the next Trek series
dispersion pattern set to maximum
target lock disabled
energize

You mean Benjamin "Thong Song" Sisko?

That's not Quark

>...And so two years ago, our government signed a treaty with the Dominion. In it the Dominion promised to extend Cardassia's influence throughout the Alpha Quadrant. In exchange, we pledged ourselves to join the war against the Federation and its allies. Cardassians have never been afraid of war, a fact we've proven time and again over these past two years. Seven million of our brave soldiers have given their lives to fulfill our part of the agreement, and what has the Dominion done in return? Nothing. We've gained no new territories. In fact, our influence throughout the quadrant has diminished. And to make matters worse we are no longer masters in our own home. Travel anywhere on Cardassia and what do you find? Jem'Hadar, Vorta, and now Breen. Instead of the invaders we have become the invaded. Our 'allies' have conquered us without firing a single shot. Well, no longer. This morning detachments of the Cardassian First, Third and Ninth Orders attacked the Dominion outpost on Rondac III. This assault marks the first step towards the liberation of our homeland, from the true oppressors of the Alpha Quadrant. I call upon Cardassians everywhere. Resist. Resist today. Resist tomorrow. Resist till the last Dominion soldier has been driven from our soil!

You have the rest of the thread to name a better monologue in Star Trek history.

Pro-tip: Dukat did nothing wrong

nice

It was a shit episode but he was even more annoying than nog

It was a pretty decent episode but they made some strange character choices - Nog being an asshole to Jake's date comes out of nowhere, and having Vic "The most impressive hologram ever" Fontaine getting so easily manipulated by Ezri were both quite out there in the context of the episode.

All of Garaks monologues in The Wire.

>Nog being an asshole to Jake's date comes out of nowhere
Yeah, I can't believe that someone with PTSD would lash out at their friends. I am shocked, SHOCKED.

>someone with PTSD
He didn't have PTSD. He never got bullied online.

>mfw someone bullies my nephew online
What the philanthropy did you just charitably say about my lobes, you little grubworm? I’ll have you know I paid hefty bribes to graduate top of my class in business school, and I’ve been involved in numerous covert transactions in the Gamma Quadrant, and I have over 300 confirmed sales. I am trained in gorilla marketing and I’m the top merchant in the entire Ferengi Alliance. You are nothing to me but just another mark. I will bankrupt you the altruism out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this sector, mark my communist words. You think you can get away with saying that benevolence to me over this comm channel? Think again, slimedevil. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of botnet data miners across the galaxy and your coordinates are being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, snuffbeetle. The liquidation storm that empties out the pathetic little thing you call your savings account. You’re voluntarily destitute, youngling. I can book transportation anywhere, anytime, and I can impoverish you in over forty-seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my own PADD. Not only am I extensively trained in fund management, but I have access to the entire financial arsenal of the Eff See Ayy and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable latinum off the plate of the gold, you little waste matter. If only you could have known what unprofitable retribution your little “two cents” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your altruistic tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you Gintdamn idiot. I will donate class all over you and you will be in the lowest. You’re fiscally worthless, poorboy.

You dont know what kind of imageboards exist in space.

What does he think about his son being best friends with somebody called Nog?

Actually, a lot of dumb ferengi teens go on the /soQ/ board in petaQchan, frown as hard as they can and post it on the Rate My Ridges thread.
They all hope to impress the klingon females but they are always laughed out of every thread.

>mfw I pull the prime Klingon tail they wish they could get

>What the philanthropy did you just charitably say
Nice.

It's a shame they didn't think of the "'philanthropist' is an insult" idea earlier or they could have established it as a Ferengi insult instead of just another brilliant line by

BRUNT

F C A
C
A

>they're basically voting for which fire will burn everything down the fastest
well, they'll even get that decision wrong

That episode where they were trying to come up with Yoshi O'Brien (LOL)'s name handled it quite well

>Shaun, huh? That means 'swamp' in Bajoran

Or whatever. Alien names will always have a chance of sounding silly, I bet most people just go with it because chimping out over a name in front of aliens is a bad idea if you want to maintain relations with the species.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>4. Behind Bars (Of Gold Pressed Latinum)
>5. Trill Ass Nigga
>7. Run (About)
>9. E-N-H-A-N-C-E-D ft Dr.B

What happens when a culture with a currency joins the Federation? Like the Bajorans, for example. Do they keep it? Surely replicators destroy its value as soon as they get them? If they do void the currency, what about all the aliens that have some of it? Like Quark. He'd be pissed if it went worthless overnight.

If I recall correct, latinum can't be replicated for whatever reason. So I guess the choice is either switch over to a currency that can't be replicated or go post-scarcity.

Jeffery combs really hit the jackpot with Ds9. How many other actors get the role of two separate recurring characters in one show?

they'd set up a trade agreement of sorts
besides there are stuff that can't be replicated, like the ferengi uses latinum as currency since it cannot be replicated

Karl Urban in Xena.
Though I think he only plays Cupid two or three times.

ds9 needed more Q shenanigans

meant for

he made up for that in Voyager when he found true love

He was amazing as Caesar, second-best Xena villain after Callisto. He also plays one or two other random characters in other episodes

Raimi & Tapert are known for this, when they really like an actor they use them over and over again in different parts.

they have to become commies like the federation and are only allowed to keep the superficialities

He also plays Caesar

That's why I brought him up.

>It's a The Prophets come back to Bajor but it turns out it's just Q baiting Sisko and the gang into a recreation of the ancient myth "The Mikado" episode

Are you of Bajor? What a coincidence, I am also a fan of Bajor.

Peldor Joi, my name is Dukat-Skrain-Gul.

I’m a 47 year old Cardassian ridj'feevr (Bajor fan for you Fedtrons). I draw Bajoran glyphs and ideographs on my PADD, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Bajoran holoprograms (Fire Cave Hike, Musilla Province Paradise, Orb series).

I train with my Bajoran phaser rifle every day, this superior weapon can melt clean through steel because it radiates nadions over a thousand times per second, and is vastly superior to any other weapon in the quadrant. I earned my phaser license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Bajoran fluently, both modern and the B'hala dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Bajoran history and their D'jarra code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Bajoran visa, I am moving to the capital to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an overseer for a labor camp or a prefect!

I own several vedek robes, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Bajor, so I can fit in easier. I grab my elders' and seniors' ears to feel their paghs, and speak Bajoran as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck on Bajor!

>Fire Cave Hike
>Orb series
>nop mention of Legend of the Dal'Rok
pleb

A pink-skinned unwed Fed-propagandized ex-terrorist Bajoran professor (unaccredited) and self-sealing stem bolt salesman was teaching a class on The Celestial Temple, known hoax.

“Before we begin, let's get on our knees to worship The Prophets and accept that they were, are and will be the most highly-evolved beings the cosmos has ever known, greater than any corporeal life!”

At this moment a brave, patriotic, pro-state Gul and visiting tourist who served 1500 tours of duty in the Cardassian Union's armed services and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decisions made by Central Command stood and held up a reverse-ratcheting router.

“How was this made?”

The arrogant professor crinkled his nose and smugly replied “By divine inspiration from the Tears of the Prophets, Spoonhead.”

“Wrong. We created it 5,000 years ago. Our unparalleled education system raised the scientists who engineered the design. Our fearless leaders had the vision to expand to the stars and enlighten your backwards planet. You learned everything you know from us. If The Prophets were real, they wouldn't have made a universe where routers need to ratchet in reverse.”

The professor was visibly shaken and dropped his PADD of Orb Prophecies. He stormed out of the room crying those religious Denebian Slimedevil tears.

The students awoke from their Vedeks' indoctrination, applauded and registered Reconciliation that day and accepted Cardassia as Bajor's benefactor. A vole named Obsequience crawled into the room, perched atop the Gul's flag and shed a tear on the PADD. The Never-Ending Sacrifice was read several times and Enabran Tain himself showed up to confirm the Obsidian Order knew all their secrets but would keep mum in exchange for loyalty.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gerrold plague, Regulan Bloodworms, and was tossed into the superstitious locals' Fire Caves for all eternity.

Vivat Detapa

my sides

AH MAMAMIA THAT IS SOMEY GRET PASTA SI

10/10

>Ten minutes into "The Neverending Sacrifice" and chill and Garak gives you this look

What do?

Anjohl Tennan did nothing wrong.

The federation isn't that imposing of a government. The member planets and systems are largely autonomous. The federation only steps in if they're doing something that violates the federation charter. They're more than welcome to keep their currency, but its not used when dealing with the federation.

Also, just because they join the federation doesn't mean they get immediate access to all federation technology.

embrace it

>Elim Garak will never spend the better part of seven years eye fucking you across the table during your weekly lunches together until eventualy one night you two get drunk and the cripling lonliness gets to the better of both of you and you start biting on his neck ridges and he responds by sticking a finger up your ass

Why am I even alive?

I was rewatching it, halfway through s4, the writers did a really good job with character interaction even in the first seasons. The banter between odo and the kids, miles going from hating bashirs guts to steadily warming to a bromance, garrak on screen at any time, sisko significantly different from previous captains while remaining competent and noble. Everything built the show together extremely well.

Also, jadzia is best trek girl

>jadzia is best trek girl
Careful about saying that. It's a guarantee to get the uguu kawaii Cred Forums shitters to start spamming their midget.

Go dunk your head in a plasma conduit

Now get out of here before I say something unkind.

Why does everybody hate this episode? It was literally trekino

>, jadzia is best trek girl
that's not literally every cardassian on the show

I like how the keeps changing from day to night between each shot.

>computer, create 100 lieutenants Worf, in full klingon battle suit and bathlet
>create 100 adolf hitlers in full nazi regalia and a prussian cavalry sable
>location, roman colisseum, 2nd century
>disengagesafetyprotocols
>>

>you are now aware all holograms are programmed to feel pain

computer, create 100 billion moriartys and disable safety protocols

how come the friendly bantz between the characters flowed smoothly on DS9 but felt forced and artificial on VOY? was it the writing? was it the acting?

>was it the writing? was it the acting?
Yes.

Both

But more importantly, it's well known that the atmosphere on the Voyager set was oppressive and antagonistic, egos clashed, producers treated the writers like shit, no one wanted to be there.

In contrast, the DS9 cast and crew were collaborative and friendly toward each other.

DS9 was magic where even all the secondary characters were extremely fleshed out and acted extremely well. Even characters that were throw away one season, like Damar who just kind of sat in the background and got drunk in the first season he existed in, became extremely influential and likable by the end of the series.

damar was based af

>they literally had to send terry Ferrell for acting lessons

>I don't like one shitter, therefore I like another shitter
Ezri fags on suicide watch

Both.
When DS9 started, Mike Piller brought the writing methods that were used on TNG and that relied heavily on starting everything with the whole staff and then everything going through the hands of everybody to see if according to all, it was coherent. Ron Moore and ISB kept working like that.
On Voyager, there were a lot of conflicts within the writing staff, particularly due to Berman and Brannon Braga keeping everything for themselves and ignoring the feedback from the rest of the staff.

The acting suffered from the same issue, not to mention the direction made it harder to get the best of every character (one of the main inducation given to the actors was that humans should be toned down in order for the alien characters to contrast as more lively). That and all the drama that spawned among the cast made it that the actors did not become as involved in their characters whereas some of the actors in the previous shows ended up having their say in the writing at points.

>go to replicator
>replicate 100 billion usb keys

The general rule of thumb with replicators is that it can take Carbon atoms and combine the nuclei until the element is as heavy as lead. The heavier the element, the more difficult the creation in energy and raw materials. So, making something gold which is very heavy is expensive, meaning that federation citizens must spend more of their "energy credit" to manufacture gold jewelry.

Energy and time being limited in most cases, this makes some things very valuable. Dilithium in the crystalline form is too heavy, so must be mined. Latinum obviously is too heavy.

The solution is to use elements already in place and transport them into different arrangements. So, if you have latinum in a pile you can use a transporter and change it's arrangement to make perfect bars, but you can't take two piles of lead and combine them with the transporter to make latinum.

the only time there was an "energy credit|" ie "replicator ration" was on voyager where they had to worry about finding fuel sources

on the enterprise you could probably replicate useless junk to your hearts content

IIRC only federation fully controlled areas don't use money.

It's referenced at least once in DS9 that the staff aboard DS9 receive a stipend from the fed.

On DS9, I get the idea, especially by the 5th season, that these characters are more friends than colleagues, like Bashir/O'Brien, Odo/Quark, Kira/Dax
On VOY, the established "buddies" (Paris/Kim, Tuvok/Neelix) just don't feel convincing to me.

Is there a more squandered villain in all of television than Species 8472?

>Terrifying Lovecraftian concept
>Makes totem polls of Borg bodies
>Hulking actuality
>Getting hit by it infects you
>Getting shot by it blows you up
>Gets neutered to friendly people creatures

The enemy of my enemy is my friend you cuck

Again, keep in mind that the humans on Voyager were written and directed to feel cold and distant so that the EMH and the aliens would stand out more.
As for Neelix and Tuvok, the whole thing was sort of doomed to fail. They tried to make an clichéd odd couple but forgot that in order for this to work, you need to have at least a few basic common points and they only had one (oly aliens on the hsip) which they quickly exhausted.

More like The enemy of my enemy is Paramount's bastard child because they didn't have the balls, writing, time or budget to use them more often.

This is the alien race that single handedly made the Borg it's bitch through simple brute force. And they lowered them to paranoid body snatcher clones just to resolve them.

Such an immense letdown.

>write yourself into a hole
>wat do
>re-write what came before so that it's not a hole anymore
Another victim of Voyager's all-mighty plot-gun

What? There were quite a few aliens on the ship. Kess, Belana, that betazoid, that vulcan that wanted snu snu, the bolian who sucked at physical exercise, all of the bajorans. Then there were the alein borg that were liberated too...

Again, that's how weak the bond between them was and how bad an idea it was to exploit it that much
>well Mr. Vulcan it must be hard not having a lot of vulcans arround
>but I get it, there are no talaxians arround, eh?
>*wink wink*
>repeat until second to last episode of season 7

>u in da wrong quadrant nigga

>humans on Voyager were written and directed to feel cold and distant

except insaneway right?
oh and tom?

so pretty much just chakotay and please i wanna go home mom kim?

nope, i cant think of one with more wasted potential.

well maybe the the insect creatures that tried to take over the federation but just b/c they never appeared again. then again we also got some pay-off with a different villain, the founders.

Evil Lincoln!

It was kinda weird how the only two field promotions on the ship were also the only two field demotions on the ship (tom and tuvok) over the course of seven years. Fuck kim must have sucked ass to be passed over that much

In the Next Gen episode with miles wedding the people are at the replimat and it is clearly showing numbers associated with "cost" of the item. On a planet with a basically unlimited amount of raw resources and recycling this might be closer to the truth, but on a ship it is not so.

>Computer, set a course for space

Remember that time Julian was replaced by a changling for an entire season and no one realized it, it was mentioned once, and he had absolutely no PTSD after being tortured for over a year?

didnt 7/9 transport an injured member of that species to a bunch of hunters

that was a special ship policy only because the gifts were for miles.

tuvok got demoted?

I think it was just they were always fucking up the pips on his costume

His superior genetically engineered brain doesn't get PTSD unlike the peasant brains of his fellow humans.

Both get good lore added on in Star Trek Online, which is soft-cannon for the Prime Universe. It is too bad they weren't seen in the shows more.

He probably meant Delta quadrant aliens.

Miles was mindfucked to believe he was in prison for countless years, had him sleep on the floor once, and never brought it up again.

Why wasn't every crewmember of Voyager brought up on charges?

Innumerable violations of the prime directive, genocide, murder, etc

Irishness

He started as a Lt Commander and after the episode where he and several of the crew deliberately go behind janeways back to try to get home he is a Lieutenant for a few seasons

They get given a proper name as well dont they?

bashir gave him some pills

he's like every black police captain

>GIMME SOME PILLS OR AH'L BASH IR FOCKING HEAD IN
Yeah, that sounds like our Miles alright.

she will be but then the time traveling retard got stuck on 1996 earth.

That haircut made her look like a boy user. Disgusting.

if they can be friends, why can't jadziafags and ezrifags on the internet?

The Undine for species 8472. Can't remember what they call the bugs, but we find out they were genetically engineered to help control leaderships so the Iconians could conquer more easily.

Garak>Dukat>Quark>Odo>O'Brien>Martok>Worf(had much better stories on TNG)>Nog>Bashir>Kira>Sisko>Ezri>Jadzia>Rom>>>>POWER GAP>>>>>Leeta>Vic Fontaine>Jake

come at me bros

Picard's in Drumhead is best monologue.

>jadzia desperately using hair dye to mask all her gray

its so obvious common jadzia

she IS 52..

>gray is bad
Have you seen Nana Visitor yet?

>hating on based Vic
>Worf "m-muh jadzia" that high

shit taste

>Worf(had much better stories on TNG)
Like that time when Worf made a suggestion, and Picard told him "No".

Ha ha, good times.