Will they finally be addressing the bonus situation in the new Alien?

Will they finally be addressing the bonus situation in the new Alien?

Other urls found in this thread:

slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/07/26/the-matter-of-bonuses-in-alien
cinefantastiqueonline.org/2008/09/revisiting-alien-ridley-scott-totally-fails-to-understand-the-impact-of-the-bonus-situation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WE

I will be monitoring this thread to find out.

The bonus situation is very important to me.

Seriously though, the two engineers were actually the only people on Nostromo who seemed to be doing something useful.
The rest of the crew mostly wasted oxygen.

They deserved their bonuses.

Alien can be read as everything from it being about the reversal of rape, the benefits of xenophobia or a commentary on the workers' plight
It's so dense

seriously those two deserved a bonus more than that whinny bitch did.

Goggles are always obsessed with the money they don't have

Did Ash's bonus go to the company or did he have his own android bank account?

Company shill pls go

>did he have his own android bank account

good question, id like to know that, perhaps the new movie will address this.

Been awhile since good bonus OC, and the current Brett wojack leaves something to be desired

Brett's seen some shit

I haven't seen Alien in years so I completely forget what this is referring to but this is one of my favorite Cred Forums memes. Just got lots of charm.

It's not just a meme, it's a full fledged theory

Weylan Yutani were punishing Parker and Brett for something. In fact, I'd argue leading them to the derelict was intentional.

He was just beginning to figure it out when he realized they weren't getting the bonus. If only we knew what was in his head during the events of the film.

He's on the edge of blackout drunk. He's an addict.

I googled "bonus situation" and this was the first result: slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/07/26/the-matter-of-bonuses-in-alien

>The minute the baby alien bursts out of John Hurt's stomach is always the moment I lose interest in this film. Why? Because it is here that class issues are displaced by the struggle against the one enemy, the alien. Parker stops complaining about bonuses (class issues) and focuses on killing the killer monster. But this displacement is, in reality, more dangerous to Parker and Brett than the alien. Recall 9/11. It came down to the same thing. The anti-capitalist globalization movement (WTO) was displaced by the war on terror (WTC). I bring this up because as class tensions increase in our moment, the post-neoliberal moment, the moment when market ideology is in a state of crisis, it's important to ask who would benefit the most from an alien something, before the eyes of everyone, bursting out of the nervous guts/conditions of our times?

There's a small scene in the movie where the black guy asks about their bonuses and calls it the "bonus situation". It's never brought up again and it's a very minor detail

Did Armond write this?

So was the bonus situation compromised or not?

>alien bursts out of a guy's stomach
>"yeah that's bad and all but the bonus situation...I mean, whose the real victim here?"

>cin: So where did the idea of the bonus situation come from?
>>Scott: This was something I added to the script because of my initial troubles trying to get the budget approved, and as soon as I mentioned the bonus situation, I got exactly what I asked for...well, almost.
>cin: You introduce the bonus situation early in the film, but then...
>>Scott: Right, I did that intentionally to capture the attention of the audience. I'd already shown them the Nostromo, and the crew, but I needed something to really make sure I had the audience with me, and then it hit me: the bonus situation. Who isn't intrigued by the bonus situation? How does it work? Who's in charge of it? You know who isn't intrigued by the bonus situation? Nobody, that's who.
>cin: No doubt, you had my attention right off the bat....it was like, wow, big ship, cool....nice space shots....the crew seems alright...whoa...wait a minute...hold on, go back, what's this about a bonus situation!?
>>Scott: (laughs) I still get asked about the bonus situation I'd say, oh, about monthly. It had a greater impact than I thought.

Interview with Scott about the bonus situation:

cinefantastiqueonline.org/2008/09/revisiting-alien-ridley-scott-totally-fails-to-understand-the-impact-of-the-bonus-situation

Is the bonus situation the greatest unresolved plot thread in cimena history?

Right

>mfw a young Parker is in the background of Alien Covenant

Kek

>mfw his scene is cut but ends up in the bonus material